OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Jsa725

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:Having said that, it seems like a lot of other students have been putting their noses to the grindstone this semester, so we are all quite worried about maintaining our class ranks in light of this new competition. Nothing we can do about that, though, except push ourselves as hard as possible.

i have thought the same thing; however, i still maintain that the students that performed "poorly" last semester still knew the BLL cold... application of law to fact is a different beast. true, some will improve in their application skills but the majority will stay the same. it seems like the material this semester is a little more dense and may require more sophisticated application... i am hoping that my theory is correct b/c i think harder material may be to my benefit... i have been grinding away this semester (but more lackadaisically) but it seems way different as compared to last semester where i was neurotic as a mother fucker.

also, i still sometimes feel like last semester was a fluke :? i really wanna kill it this semester and jump a few ranks :mrgreen:

I can tell you I'm going to plummet down the rankings this semester. Feel dazed and confused.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:52 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dannynoonan87

Postby dannynoonan87 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 pm

it's human nature to be super nervous right before exams. everyone doubts themselves a little bit.

Once you get to the point where you're stressing over the littlest nuances and/or splits in authority, I it's a good place to be. I think that's where I am right now for my exams that are this week.

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:07 pm

trying to study out till i sleep tonight for the last time.

it's hard, bros. it's hard.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Been CSWS like a madman this past week.

FEELSGOODMAN

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:I can't figure this out. Sources contradict each other: what is the difference between a contract-in-fact, a contract-in-law, an implied contract, and a quasi contract?

Are some of these synonymous? Are they formed any differently? Do they give rise to different remedies?

quasi-K = one party conferred a benefit to another but you are not suing on the K rather you are suing for compensation for the benefit conferred (sometimes there is a K, sometimes there is no K but b/c you cannot sue for expectancy damages (K damages) you sue in quasi K for better relief)
K in fact = oral/ written exchange of promises
K in law or implied K in law (IIRC these are interchangeable) = unstated/written terms that the law (UCC) supplies that become part of the K implicitly

K for goods (written but does not specify time for payment) = K in fact for the sale of goods
UCC 2-310 supplies time for payment "payment is due at the time and place at which the buyer is to receive the goods" = K term implied in law

Thanks much! What was confusing me is that even when you have an actual, valid K (although formed implicitly), the term quasi-K is used to refer to the fact that you pursue restitution rather than expectation damages. I thought quasi-K was just for non-legally enforceable agreements for which the court awards a remedy anyway in order to avoid injustice.

Moment of truth. Good luck everyone!

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

mephistopheles wrote:for after finals.

8)

Slow your roll there, chief.

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

meaning?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

mephistopheles wrote:meaning?

Post the video when we're all actually done with finals, not when we're in the thick of things.

(I meant it in jest)

Also, how have you never heard that phrase before?

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
mephistopheles wrote:meaning?

Post the video when we're all actually done with finals, not when we're in the thick of things.

(I meant it in jest)

Also, how have you never heard that phrase before?

ahhhh, my bad, i'm in an odd place. it's basically the only thing keeping me going at this point, though.

oh, and i've heard it, but i was unsure of the underlying implication.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:36 pm

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Jsa725 wrote:also, i still sometimes feel like last semester was a fluke :? i really wanna kill it this semester and jump a few ranks :mrgreen:

eta: praying that i dont go down in rank :cry:

All of this.

ColoBoul

Postby ColoBoul » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Question: What gives the right to a Assignor or Subleassor to go after an assignee or subleasee for unpaid rent? Is there Privity of Estate between the two or is there Privity of Contract or something else?

crouton62

Postby crouton62 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Sublessor is a just a straight up landlord to sublessee; sublessee pays rent to him. Sublessor continues paying rent to initial Landlord as Tenant. For the Assignor to go after Assignee they are in privity of contract. Assignor is there as a Surety in case Assignee defaults on rent to Landlord. Assignor can go after Assignee if the former has to cover the latter's rent to the Landlord in an indemnification action.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:16 pm

dannynoonan87

Postby dannynoonan87 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:31 pm

ColoBoul wrote:Question: What gives the right to a Assignor or Subleassor to go after an assignee or subleasee for unpaid rent? Is there Privity of Estate between the two or is there Privity of Contract or something else?

assignor/assignee are ONLY in privity of k.

sublessor/sublessee are in privity of k AND privity of estate. privity of estate since the sublessor gets his right of possession back when the sublease is up and can move back in.

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:08 am

I've been missing my bros! Hope you're all abso-fucking-lutely killin' it. I'm on my 12-14 hour a day shifts, feeling GOOD. No burn out yet. Grinding through PT after PT. Getting those pre-written paragraphs done for these open notebook exams. LET'S GO!

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:38 am

More-or-less finished my IP OL. Just need to incorporate the rest of the supplements into it, which shouldn't be bad.

Need to make the final touches on Property tomorrow, but that's almost complete.

Crim and Con Law complete.

Need to make separate policy sheets for classes, but I'll figure that out during reading period I guess.

Didn't quite finish my goal of completing all my OLs by the end of the weekend... but last day of class is Wed, so as long as I finish before then, I'll be on schedule.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 am

has anyone by any chance, got a prop attack outline keyed to Singer?

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 am

Jsa725 wrote:
Birdnals wrote:6 hours into 24 hour take home exam. About to take a break and watch a movie/eat before getting back to it. This is fucking miserable and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I will never hate on a racehorse exam ever again.

What subject bro?

Con law. Took a 5 hour nap and finished up an hour ago. Going to watch Vikings, line edit that bitch, take another hour, do a final edit, and then submit it and never think about Con law again except when I thrown in some random doctrine to win political debates with non-lawschool friends when I am clearly in the wrong.

hyakku

Postby hyakku » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 am

Blessedassurance wrote:has anyone by any chance, got a prop attack outline keyed to Singer?

http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/category ... to-singer/

Might help you start, nothing in particular.

Got my first exam tomorrow, closed book Civ Pro except our own rule books. Feeling good about this, no McIntyre shit and part of its T/F Explain. Property is my last exam though, closed book and 2/3's has basically nothing to do with property, old ass teacher prides himself on teaching a "skills" course, not property. Pretty sure I'm just banking on everyone fucking up to beat the curve there. Can't imagine anyone liking property ever. Felt the same about Civ Pro but I can see it now that I understand how some people could like it (still hate it personally), but property? I'd love to know your secrets for anyone who enjoys it.

And a year long Property course? LolI'ddropout.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:23 am

LetsGoLAW wrote: Getting those pre-written paragraphs done for these open notebook exams. LET'S GO!

which classes are/have you done this for?

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:31 am

hyakku wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:has anyone by any chance, got a prop attack outline keyed to Singer?

http://www.casebriefs.com/blog/category ... to-singer/

Might help you start, nothing in particular.

Got my first exam tomorrow, closed book Civ Pro except our own rule books. Feeling good about this, no McIntyre shit and part of its T/F Explain. Property is my last exam though, closed book and 2/3's has basically nothing to do with property, old ass teacher prides himself on teaching a "skills" course, not property. Pretty sure I'm just banking on everyone fucking up to beat the curve there. Can't imagine anyone liking property ever. Felt the same about Civ Pro but I can see it now that I understand how some people could like it (still hate it personally), but property? I'd love to know your secrets for anyone who enjoys it.

And a year long Property course? LolI'ddropout.

Good luck man. I have my closed book civpro one tomorrow, too. Given that I've had to teach myself everything about the course, not feeling too great about it. Oh well.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”