OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
gaud

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby gaud » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:27 pm

Jsa725 wrote:1st EXAM is in 15 DAYS 20 HOURS 17 MINUTES :shock: :shock: :shock:

12 days...

Been GRINDIN all weekend, bros. Killin it.

CSWS

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:46 pm

gaud wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:1st EXAM is in 15 DAYS 20 HOURS 17 MINUTES :shock: :shock: :shock:

12 days...

Been GRINDIN all weekend, bros. Killin it.

CSWS

Same Bro. Today is my last day of Con Law until the few days between my firs test and it. Feels good mayne.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm

When we were learning about them in class, estates and future interests made absolutely no sense, but I'm amazed at how well I understand it just after outlining it. I figured it would be something that I'd pretty much never understand, but its definitely starting to make sense. I need to memorize all the different terminology though, and that's gonna be a bitch...

soj

Postby soj » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:32 pm

SportsFan wrote:When we were learning about them in class, estates and future interests made absolutely no sense, but I'm amazed at how well I understand it just after outlining it. I figured it would be something that I'd pretty much never understand, but its definitely starting to make sense. I need to memorize all the different terminology though, and that's gonna be a bitch...

a good supplement is everything for estates and RAP. once you learn them you don't even really need to outline them.

dannynoonan87

Postby dannynoonan87 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:54 pm

done with the brief

that was painful

good thing I won't have to write another one of those for a while

.....ohhhh wait write-on is in a month. drat.

bananapeanutbutter

Postby bananapeanutbutter » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:10 am

I need some motivation. I don't know if it's burn out, but I'm not nearly as efficient as I was last semester....... Always going on hulu now or watching sports. Not even enjoying being stuck indoors. I slacked off a bit last finals season and did really well because of a great semester. This semester has been much more blah (how I feel about my performance in classes). It's just obvious I know way less compared to other people I know this time. Can this semester be fixed? If so, please give me the attack plan? I am willing to pay (through paypal) for a good solid schedule.

Start finals in exactly 2 weeks.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:I need some motivation. I don't know if it's burn out, but I'm not nearly as efficient as I was last semester....... Always going on hulu now or watching sports. Not even enjoying being stuck indoors. I slacked off a bit last finals season and did really well because of a great semester. This semester has been much more blah (how I feel about my performance in classes). It's just obvious I know way less compared to other people I know this time. Can this semester be fixed? If so, please give me the attack plan? I am willing to pay (through paypal) for a good solid schedule.

Start finals in exactly 2 weeks.

feel the same way, banana.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

splittermcsplit88

Postby splittermcsplit88 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Does anyone have marketable title, implied warranty of h/q, duty to disclose, essays I could look at?

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Idk Im actually more motivated because I'm less stressed this time around. Last semester if I did terrible I would have no job huge debt and basically be fucked. Because I did decent last semester I can really fuck up this semester (worst case) still be at median and hopefully be able to snag a job in NYC. Not ideal or what I want to do, but hey with less pressure and stress I'm actually happier studying then I was last semester where I felt like everything was life and death.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:Idk Im actually more motivated because I'm less stressed this time around. Last semester if I did terrible I would have no job huge debt and basically be fucked. Because I did decent last semester I can really fuck up this semester (worst case) still be at median and hopefully be able to snag a job in NYC. Not ideal or what I want to do, but hey with less pressure and stress I'm actually happier studying then I was last semester where I felt like everything was life and death.

If only I could be at median and still get biglaw. Oh well, I shoulda done better in college. Grindin' away!

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:22 pm

gregfootball2001 wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:Idk Im actually more motivated because I'm less stressed this time around. Last semester if I did terrible I would have no job huge debt and basically be fucked. Because I did decent last semester I can really fuck up this semester (worst case) still be at median and hopefully be able to snag a job in NYC. Not ideal or what I want to do, but hey with less pressure and stress I'm actually happier studying then I was last semester where I felt like everything was life and death.

If only I could be at median and still get biglaw. Oh well, I shoulda done better in college. Grindin' away!

haha sorry bro didn't mean anything by that.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:
gregfootball2001 wrote:

No, dude, it's awesome that you go to a good school. Don't apologize for that.

Top 15% should get me everything I need, even top 25% according to LST (though that gets a little dangerous). Sitting at top 10% atm, so just have to continue the good stuff.

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:07 pm

gregfootball2001 wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
gregfootball2001 wrote:

No, dude, it's awesome that you go to a good school. Don't apologize for that.

Top 15% should get me everything I need, even top 25% according to LST (though that gets a little dangerous). Sitting at top 10% atm, so just have to continue the good stuff.

congrats my dude, trying to get where you are ranking wise.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Todays motivation is brought to you by:

Desperation & Fear

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Hey team. Question. When arguing the other side, do you think it is important even to argue the other side even if it is a super weak argument?

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:15 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:Hey team. Question. When arguing the other side, do you think it is important even to argue the other side even if it is a super weak argument?

yes, could be a point never know and it usually won't take more then a few seconds. I do it all the time just so the prof knows that I was aware of the weakass argument and can make the real point of the analysis.

edit: I definitely try to not flesh it out more then a quick sentence.

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Hey team. Question. When arguing the other side, do you think it is important even to argue the other side even if it is a super weak argument?

yes, could be a point never know and it usually won't take more then a few seconds. I do it all the time just so the prof knows that I was aware of the weakass argument and can make the real point of the analysis.

edit: I definitely try to not flesh it out more then a quick sentence.

This.
Acknowledge. Get those points. Move on.

CSWS

soj

Postby soj » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:24 pm

if you spent the time to think of the other side's argument (which you should be doing automatically), you have time to type it out. acknowledge that it's a weak argument, then move on.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Is it weird that I don't know how to fit Brown vs. Board of Education into my ConLaw outline? Does this make me a closet racist?

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Is it weird that I don't know how to fit Brown vs. Board of Education into my ConLaw outline? Does this make me a closet racist?

nope. the opinion is sps
Last edited by mephistopheles on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Is it weird that I don't know how to fit Brown vs. Board of Education into my ConLaw outline? Does this make me a closet racist?

Racist.

But really... (1) I've just been OLing in the sections he's given us. Maybe Chem has a better way to organize it?

(2) I feel like there isn't enough time left to do everything, WTF

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Hope everyone's grinding hard.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”