OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BlueLotus

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 am

2014 wrote:Spent all day outlining because we inexplicably have March finals. Anyone want to trade?

What kind of f*ckery is this? :shock:

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 am

PinkLotus wrote:
2014 wrote:Spent all day outlining because we inexplicably have March finals. Anyone want to trade?

lolquartersystem

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:16 am

Bronck wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:

lolquartersystem

Even if my #s were UChi caliber, I would hesitate to consider them for that reason alone, lol.

RoseAberlone

Postby RoseAberlone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 am

Morning grinders! Sent in my brief draft last night — gave all the fucks I had for ungraded legal writing and it's time to get back into material that matters!

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:45 am

RoseAberlone wrote:Morning grinders! Sent in my brief draft last night — gave all the fucks I had for ungraded legal writing and it's time to get back into material that matters!

Tso jelly. :cry: This advocacy memo makes me hate life.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
Bronck wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:

lolquartersystem

Even if my #s were UChi caliber, I would hesitate to consider them for that reason alone, lol.

Definitely one reason I didnt go to Chicago. Plus that is the most miserable school I have ever visited. One of my best friends from UG went there when I took a year off (I think he is a pretty cool dude). I went to visit him at the beginning of a quarter for 5 days... most boring, unsocial and nerdy place I have ever been. There is a reason people say that is where fun goes to die

EDIT: damn, that sounds hateful, I dont hate UChi, and I know SOME cool people that go there. Sorry if that came off over the top, just the truth for my personal experience

MauriceGains

Postby MauriceGains » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Gotta love wasting a weekend that could've been spent learning something interesting or relevant to write a BS memo.

One more section to go, and my argument has to fly in the face of all logic without avoiding bad facts and while being persuasive.

JenniferLawrenceOkay.gif

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:31 pm

UGHHH. I didnt get much done this weekend.

Gotta pick up the pace.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm

Nova wrote:UGHHH. I didnt get much done this weekend.

Gotta pick up the pace.

Derped all afternoon. Gotta do shit tonight :(

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Some bizarre force caused me to start outlining today. Felt very awkward.

Robert Paulson

Postby Robert Paulson » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:41 pm

For some reason writing this terrible brief has motivated me to start grinding in my doctrinal classes.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:For some reason writing this terrible brief has motivated me to start grinding in my doctrinal classes.

id give anything to do work for my doctrinal classes at the expense of this ungainly brief.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Some bizarre force caused me to start outlining today. Felt very awkward.

I wish that force would come my way, hah!

Robert Paulson

Postby Robert Paulson » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 pm

Does anyone know how accurate Westlaw citations are?

mephistopheles

Postby mephistopheles » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Robert Paulson wrote:Does anyone know how accurate Westlaw citations are?

there's at least one example where they're wrong (though i can't remember which). why not just write your own?

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 pm

mephistopheles wrote:

there's at least one example where they're wrong (though i can't remember which). why not just write your own?

usually the westlaw cites have everything oyu need to know. they give you a weird citation if its an unpublished opinion otherwise Ive found them to be accurate.

Robert Paulson

Postby Robert Paulson » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 pm

mephistopheles wrote:

Yeah, I probably should have, but I left my ALWD manual at home and now I don't feel like cite checking :/

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Taking forever to get a fucking 1l summer job. I need to start applying to more...

MauriceGains

Postby MauriceGains » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Bronck wrote:Taking forever to get a fucking 1l summer job. I need to start applying to more...
What's the credited response on this, anyway? I haven't been applying to jobs that I have no interest in, given my understanding of the correlation between summer jobs and post-graduate jobs. That's restricted me to a grand total of four applications so far. Two interviews, and only one where I have a legitimate shot. Should I be casting a wider net?

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:15 pm

MauriceGains wrote:
Bronck wrote:Taking forever to get a fucking 1l summer job. I need to start applying to more...
What's the credited response on this, anyway? I haven't been applying to jobs that I have no interest in, given my understanding of the correlation between summer jobs and post-graduate jobs. That's restricted me to a grand total of four applications so far. Two interviews, and only one where I have a legitimate shot. Should I be casting a wider net?

i guess the game plan is to spam the shit out of people. I think i probably send out a couple hundred apps and only got 3 interviews... Glad I don't have to think about applying for jobs anymore though.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:24 pm

stillwater wrote:
MauriceGains wrote:

i guess the game plan is to spam the shit out of people. I think i probably send out a couple hundred apps and only got 3 interviews... Glad I don't have to think about applying for jobs anymore though.

Ugh... I've gotten 1 interview via mass mail (not sure how many apps I sent out that way -- 40? I guess the number is more like 75 if you include the NYU PILC Fair, where I only got 1 interview, lawl), the rest have come from Spring OCI . . . radio silence on most and rejections on some. One CB.

I guess I need to cast a wide net this week....

smaug_

Postby smaug_ » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 pm

Bronck wrote:I guess I need to cast a wide net this week....

If you're willing/interested in PI stuff, it might be worth talking to the SJI folks. My search is really specific and they've been very helpful. (They're way more helpful than OCS. OCS has been fine so far, but they don't seem to have the same level of dedication or the same type of connections that SJI has.)

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 pm

hibiki wrote:

If you're willing/interested in PI stuff, it might be worth talking to the SJI folks. My search is really specific and they've been very helpful. (They're way more helpful than OCS. OCS has been fine so far, but they don't seem to have the same level of dedication or the same type of connections that SJI has.)

Definitely willing to do PI stuff. Don't really care what I do at this point, I just want a job. Thanks for the tip.

ETA: along the same lines, at what point should we start to get worried that we don't have a job?

RoseAberlone

Postby RoseAberlone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:46 pm

Bronck wrote:
hibiki wrote:

Definitely willing to do PI stuff. Don't really care what I do at this point, I just want a job. Thanks for the tip.

ETA: along the same lines, at what point should we start to get worried that we don't have a job?

I am also interested in this question. People keep saying it's still early but I feel like I've been looking for ages.

Also, is there consensus that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush (if I'm even saying that right)? I have an offer that I'm not that pumped about but should I just take it and be done?

RodneyRuxin

Postby RodneyRuxin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Legal work is better than no work.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”