OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:11 pm

Dropped 2 dress sizes since December! Strong body=strong mind, bros. If u feel guilty about taking an hour of your busy day to exercise, listen to Barbri lectures while pumping iron. 8)

User avatar
MauriceGains
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby MauriceGains » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Dropped 2 dress sizes since December! Strong body=strong mind, bros. If u feel guilty about taking an hour of your busy day to exercise, listen to Barbri lectures while pumping iron. 8)
Yuh!!! Mirin'.

We're all gonna make it brahs.

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:17 pm

TYBPinkLotus.

Looks like I got my outline material to edit already!

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:TYBPinkLotus.

Looks like I got my outline material to edit already!


TYB?

If anyone's taking Property this semester and has the Singer casebook, I have a detailed OL from the same 2L (who booked the class). Hit me up if u need it, bros. :)

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:TYBPinkLotus.

Looks like I got my outline material to edit already!


TYB?

If anyone's taking Property this semester and has the Singer casebook, I have a detailed OL from the same 2L (who booked the class). Hit me up if u need it, bros. :)


TYB = Thank You Based ______. Originally "Thank You Based God."

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby skers » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Dropped 2 dress sizes since December! Strong body=strong mind, bros. If u feel guilty about taking an hour of your busy day to exercise, listen to Barbri lectures while pumping iron. 8)


This gets advice gets enough credit. Work hard and all that, but remember to take care of number one.

User avatar
MauriceGains
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby MauriceGains » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:TYBPinkLotus.

Looks like I got my outline material to edit already!
Quoted for truth. Well, 1/3 anyway, lol. Still need to either make or find Chemerinsky for Con.Law and Dukeminier for Property. The latter is very much no fun, haha.

User avatar
Robert Paulson
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Robert Paulson » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Since were talking outlines, does anyone have a civ pro (FKC), property (MS), or con law (Chem) outline they wouldn't mind sharing? I have a crim and torts if anyone's interested.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Unagi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:50 pm

I have a Chemerinsky outline for anyone who is interested. Just PM me.
And I would really like a detailed civpro outline, if anyone has it. :wink:

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 pm

Statutory Interp. class is complete bullshit.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby soj » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 pm

stillwater wrote:Statutory Interp. class is complete bullshit.

Sounds like a gunner class. Should have avoided.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:Dropped 2 dress sizes since December! Strong body=strong mind, bros. If u feel guilty about taking an hour of your busy day to exercise, listen to Barbri lectures while pumping iron. 8)


This gets advice gets enough credit. Work hard and all that, but remember to take care of number one.


Problem is working out takes a lot more than just an hour. It also asked it harder to stay up till 2am.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:29 pm

soj wrote:
stillwater wrote:Statutory Interp. class is complete bullshit.

Sounds like a gunner class. Should have avoided.


part of 1L curriculum unfortunately.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby soj » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

stillwater wrote:
soj wrote:
stillwater wrote:Statutory Interp. class is complete bullshit.

Sounds like a gunner class. Should have avoided.


part of 1L curriculum unfortunately.

That sucks. Isn't this what they should be teaching you in crim? It's not like crim teaches you actual criminal law.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 pm

soj wrote:
stillwater wrote:
soj wrote:
stillwater wrote:Statutory Interp. class is complete bullshit.

Sounds like a gunner class. Should have avoided.


part of 1L curriculum unfortunately.

That sucks. Isn't this what they should be teaching you in crim? It's not like crim teaches you actual criminal law.


its like about legislation and canons of construction and other awful things.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Bronck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 pm

stillwater wrote:its like about legislation and canons of construction and other awful things.


That sounds terrible. I do not envy you :cry:

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Bronck wrote:
stillwater wrote:its like about legislation and canons of construction and other awful things.


That sounds terrible. I do not envy you :cry:


its only a 3 credit class, so at least I don't have to spend too much time doing it.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby soj » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Eww. I immediately assume I hate anyone who likes classes like that. Same with conlaw.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Bronck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:35 pm

soj wrote:Eww. I immediately assume I hate anyone who likes classes like that. Same with conlaw.


I can't wait to take FED COURTS

User avatar
MauriceGains
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby MauriceGains » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 pm

My condolences. I learned last semester what a difference a good Leg.Reg. professor makes. Did not have one, lol.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:37 pm

Bronck wrote:
soj wrote:Eww. I immediately assume I hate anyone who likes classes like that. Same with conlaw.


I can't wait to take FED COURTS


gunner

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:39 pm

soj wrote:Eww. I immediately assume I hate anyone who likes classes like that. Same with conlaw.

:( :( :(

User avatar
Doorkeeper
Posts: 4872
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:40 pm

stillwater wrote:
Bronck wrote:
stillwater wrote:its like about legislation and canons of construction and other awful things.


That sounds terrible. I do not envy you :cry:


its only a 3 credit class, so at least I don't have to spend too much time doing it.

Leg Reg is great because the "rules" are so easy to learn. It's all about the analysis.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
stillwater wrote:
Bronck wrote:
stillwater wrote:its like about legislation and canons of construction and other awful things.


That sounds terrible. I do not envy you :cry:


its only a 3 credit class, so at least I don't have to spend too much time doing it.

Leg Reg is great because the "rules" are so easy to learn. It's all about the analysis.


ya, i feel like you could learn the mechanics in a day.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby soj » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:50 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
soj wrote:Eww. I immediately assume I hate anyone who likes classes like that. Same with conlaw.

:( :( :(

Sorry bro, I hate potus/scotus/academic/bureaucrat wannabes.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests