OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Jsa725

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Unagi wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
Jsa725 wrote: Just the purple bear?

Bear? I thought it was a hippo!

It's a very sexy hippo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLbyOthwnc

^+1 to whoever posted "Like if you're here from TLS." Imma slap the sh*t out of the competition like that purple hippo. :lol:

Any tips for a closed book Con Law exam? I'm thinking of making 5''X8'' flashcards of each of the cases, since in Con Law, details of cases tend to be more important for the exam as opposed to simply applying BLL.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:14 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:THERE ARE NO FUCKING SHORTCUTS IN THIS GAME. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS. IT'S GO TIME!

Is not briefing a dangerous shortcut? I've stopped typing out full briefs this semester because they're so time-consuming and this semester is more credits. I just rainbow hi-lite and annotate the margins of cases with the facts, issue, holding, reasoning, etc.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:18 pm

That sounds like great advice Jsa. I will definitely appy it.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:20 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:26 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:THERE ARE NO FUCKING SHORTCUTS IN THIS GAME. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEADS. IT'S GO TIME!

Is not briefing a dangerous shortcut? I've stopped typing out full briefs this semester because they're so time-consuming and this semester is more credits. I just rainbow hi-lite and annotate the margins of cases with the facts, issue, holding, reasoning, etc.

IMO, no. Its being efficient as long as you use the time you saved on more productive tasks like synthesising and practice testing.

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:27 pm

PinkLotus wrote:

I chose not to brief in torts. My one class I got median pwned in. Bro, choose your own path. But I am mini-briefing + completing all the supplements + questions. Hit those 70-80 hour weeks. It's a fucking joke.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:28 pm

Protip: CSWS'ers, re: jobs, take the first legal position that comes your way (even if it's not your first choice) and return to the more important task of grinding. Your grades are much more important than getting a "prestigious" 1L summer job. All that matters it that it's law related and that you get good references and a writing sample out of the experience.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:

I chose not to brief in torts. My one class I got median pwned in. Bro, choose your own path. But I am mini-briefing + completing all the supplements + questions. Hit those 70-80 hour weeks. It's a fucking joke.

Leader, by "mini-briefs" you mean the bare-bones LEEWS briefing style? I do that. Just not traditional full briefs.

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:34 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:

Leader, by "mini-briefs" you mean the bare-bones LEEWS briefing style? I do that. Just not traditional full briefs.

Kind of. I write out my briefs in a few minutes. I get that issue, rule, quick analysis, different tests, and policy.

Plus I'm not a leader, bro. There's only one leader. Every individual respectively in this game.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:42 pm

PinkLotus wrote:

Briefing is TTT, imo. Never did it first semester and I did well.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 pm

LGL, you may not be our "leader" but your drive is an inspiration to us all. :D

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Thanks, bro. I do what I can for my fellow soldiers who do the same for me.

I read the case. Quickly through the facts, slowly through the analysis, and brief within a few minutes. Issue, rule, analysis, policy, tests. Nothing much else. Then I listen in class and read it in Chereminsky. I am exposed to it three times. Works.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:17 pm

If anyone is using the Kadish casebook for Crim, I have an OL from a 2L who booked the class. It's more of a supplement than an OL since it's obsceeeeeenely long, but it may be helpful for review and for constructing your own OL.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:21 pm

PinkLotus wrote:If anyone is using the Kadish casebook for Crim, I have an OL from a 2L who booked the class. It's more of a supplement than an OL since it's obsceeeeeenely long, but it may be helpful for review and for constructing your own OL.

Oh wow, can you please send me???? I can PM you my email

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shumpshump

Postby shumpshump » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Bronck wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:If anyone is using the Kadish casebook for Crim, I have an OL from a 2L who booked the class. It's more of a supplement than an OL since it's obsceeeeeenely long, but it may be helpful for review and for constructing your own OL.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 pm

shumpshump wrote:
Bronck wrote:

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:32 pm

stillwater wrote:
shumpshump wrote:
Bronck wrote:

shumpshump

Postby shumpshump » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks PinkLotus!

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:43 pm

shumpshump wrote:Thanks PinkLotus!

+1 You da best! Time to never crack open Kadish CB again?

Doorkeeper

Postby Doorkeeper » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:56 pm

shumpshump wrote:
Bronck wrote:

Me too plzy?

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Bronck wrote:
shumpshump wrote:Thanks PinkLotus!

+1 You da best! Time to never crack open Kadish CB again?

Awww, thanks! That 2L got into Columbia as a transfer, but decided to stick around, thankfully for me. Absolutely brilliant, though a little nuts when it comes to making outlines as you can see. :wink:
Last edited by BlueLotus on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MauriceGains

Postby MauriceGains » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Bronck wrote:

If it's not too much trouble? :)
Last edited by MauriceGains on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”