OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 20130312 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:11 pm

stillwater wrote:
Nova wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Think one day will destroy me?

Na. Let it all soak in, brother.

I really am a firm believer in working smart. If you don't take breaks, you'll self-destruct. Pulling all-nighters or doing other extreme things is totally unnecessary.

Couldn't agree more.

Lacepiece23

Postby Lacepiece23 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Are you guys really starting to CSWS this early? I haven't done anything other than read for class/ take notes from my reading/class notes. I guess I'm behind time to kick it into high gear soon.

Postby 20130312 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:Are you guys really starting to CSWS this early? I haven't done anything other than read for class/ take notes from my reading/class notes. I guess I'm behind time to kick it into high gear soon.

You've done more than me.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:Are you guys really starting to CSWS this early? I haven't done anything other than read for class/ take notes from my reading/class notes. I guess I'm behind time to kick it into high gear soon.

ditto. ive been a complete piece of shit so far. read probably 90% of the readings. havent paid TOTAL attention during class. this week begins my climb to the top.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:Getting to Maybe makes so much more sense this semester.

I am reading it now for the first time and 100% agree. It's frightening how many of the examples they use were on my first semester exams in some form.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:51 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:

Ditto, BEAST MODE for me "officially" commences on Monday, the 10-week mark.

MauriceGains

Postby MauriceGains » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Doing next week's reading today, and writing a LRW Statement of Facts tomorrow, plus organizing my argument for that class's project.

Next week is E&Es and starting outlining. Going to crush the first LRW graded project next Monday and devote the rest of the weekend to getting absurdly ahead in at least one class.

How has everyone's weekend been shaping up?

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm

MauriceGains wrote:Doing next week's reading today, and writing a LRW Statement of Facts tomorrow, plus organizing my argument for that class's project.

Next week is E&Es and starting outlining. Going to crush the first LRW graded project next Monday and devote the rest of the weekend to getting absurdly ahead in at least one class.

shitty

MauriceGains

Postby MauriceGains » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:36 pm

stillwater wrote:
MauriceGains wrote:Doing next week's reading today, and writing a LRW Statement of Facts tomorrow, plus organizing my argument for that class's project.

shitty
Nut up soldier, we're in this for the long haul.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdlkJUU4HtU

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Hit me up if you want a detailed Farnsworth OL, tho I recommend very strongly that you peruse the treatise itself if you have the time--it is a classic and despite its size very readable/lucid.

I have heard positive feedback about Chirelstein, which is wayyy shorter, but I have not used it myself.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Hit me up if you want a detailed Farnsworth OL, tho I recommend very strongly that you peruse the treatise itself if you have the time--it is a classic and despite its size very readable/lucid.

I have heard positive feedback about Chirelstein, which is wayyy shorter, but I have not used it myself.

I used Chirelstein. It was aight. The remedies section and the section on breaches that are good - i keep forgetting hte term- were particulary strong. Otherwise, I thought it was next to useless. Ks isn't really that difficult.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:00 pm

stillwater wrote:the section on breaches that are good - i keep forgetting hte term

Efficient breaches?

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
stillwater wrote:the section on breaches that are good - i keep forgetting hte term

Efficient breaches?

yea man, that's what im talking about. i don't know shit about economics or the like, so contracts, esp. in certain regards, was kinda foreign territory for me. so remedies and efficient breach were well-treated in Chirelstein and helped clear some things up.

RoseAberlone

Postby RoseAberlone » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:06 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Hit me up if you want a detailed Farnsworth OL, tho I recommend very strongly that you peruse the treatise itself if you have the time--it is a classic and despite its size very readable/lucid.

Chirelstein was great for me. Helped give me a broad overview of where the class was headed. My prof was very econ-focused, though, so it may vary based on who's teaching your course.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:07 pm

stillwater wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Efficient breaches?

yea man, that's what im talking about. i don't know shit about economics or the like, so contracts, esp. in certain regards, was kinda foreign territory for me. so remedies and efficient breach were well-treated in Chirelstein and helped clear some things up.

I only remember because efficient breach was like lolwut for me. I'm the same with econ.

greenchair

Postby greenchair » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Hey guys. I was referred here after posting this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=204523

I am going to CSWS with you guys starting RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:27 pm

greenchair wrote:Hey guys. I was referred here after posting this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=204523

I just kicked into gear this weekend! Still ahead of the curve man.

greenchair

Postby greenchair » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:30 pm

The TAs for my classes have been sending out "class summaries" every damn week. These are basically condensed outlines. It's BS for the people who actually want to do the work and make their own outlines. Does this mean everyone is going to have the same information, and getting away from median is that much harder? Ugh.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:33 pm

greenchair wrote:The TAs for my classes have been sending out "class summaries" every damn week. These are basically condensed outlines. It's BS for the people who actually want to do the work and make their own outlines. Does this mean everyone is going to have the same information, and getting away from median is that much harder? Ugh.

I had a TA do this last semester. The nice thing is that a lot of people won't pay attention to these things, and others will use the summary and nothing else. Use this to your advantage.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
greenchair wrote:The TAs for my classes have been sending out "class summaries" every damn week. These are basically condensed outlines. It's BS for the people who actually want to do the work and make their own outlines. Does this mean everyone is going to have the same information, and getting away from median is that much harder? Ugh.

I had a TA do this last semester. The nice thing is that a lot of people won't pay attention to these things, and others will use the summary and nothing else. Use this to your advantage.

I had a class last semester where the professor pretty much handed out unit outlines. I didn't find it to impact my ability to get away from median. Use it wisely.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 pm

greenchair wrote:Hey guys. I was referred here after posting this thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=204523

Welcome! And if you need someone to talk to about what's going on in your life outside of school (I experienced a tragedy last semester, myself :( ) please don't hesitate to send a PM.

greenchair

Postby greenchair » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:49 pm

PinkLotus wrote:

Welcome! And if you need someone to talk to about what's going on in your life outside of school (I experienced a tragedy last semester, myself :( ) please don't hesitate to send a PM.

Thank you for your kind words :)

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:00 am

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:10 am

Ditto. I'm just trying to keep up at this point.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:05 am

Wanna pay it forward to my homies. If you'd like a Ks chart from someone who booked the class, please let me know!

Full disclosure: my prof is 80 years old, a little nuts, and doesn't test on the UCC.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”