OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SportsFan
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby SportsFan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:02 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:IGF, who is in your avatar?

Harvey from Suits.


Looks like a marathon is in order post-writing comp. But until then...

CSWS, baby.


You dont watch suits... Yes, you must watch. Awesome show.

It's an amazing show. Really surprised me. And I'm not one who normally watches a ton of tv.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

RoseAberlone wrote:For those of you saying you've got property down, what's your secret? I feel like I'm reading the materials without absorbing ANY of the rules.


I've heard Sprankling's "Understanding" supplement is legit.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

stillwater wrote:
RoseAberlone wrote:For those of you saying you've got property down, what's your secret? I feel like I'm reading the materials without absorbing ANY of the rules.


i feel the same way about conlaw


Chemerinsky is your friend.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:21 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
stillwater wrote:
RoseAberlone wrote:For those of you saying you've got property down, what's your secret? I feel like I'm reading the materials without absorbing ANY of the rules.


i feel the same way about conlaw


Chemerinsky is your friend.


Yea, I got that. I am hoping it'll be my Freer.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:13 pm

CSWS'ers, how about this to intimidate your competition: :P

ImageImage

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby gaud » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Throw a 'CSWS' on that shirt and I'm buying one

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Your wish is my command!
Image Image

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby gaud » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 pm

It's beautiful.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
gaud wrote:It's beautiful.


Awww, thanks. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:06 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Nova » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:11 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
gaud wrote:It's beautiful.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:
Jsa725 wrote:
gaud wrote:It's beautiful.


Awww, thanks. I'm seriously thinking of purchasing it.

Is there a way to have the LGL picture w/o the box around it? Just the purple bear?


Bear? I thought it was a hippo!

You can design the shirt in literally 1 minute on this site, and vary the design as you like: http://www.customink.com/custom/american-apparel.htm

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Unagi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:28 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
Jsa725 wrote: Just the purple bear?


Bear? I thought it was a hippo!



It's a very sexy hippo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLbyOthwnc

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:46 pm

you should be GRINDING not making tshirts

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby JG7773 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 pm

stillwater wrote:you should be GRINDING not making tshirts


Haha... I was just wondering who was going to mention that!

Legal. Writing. Kills. Souls.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:00 pm

Lady Gaga show in Brooklyn I was planning on going to was cancelled due to her hip surgery...bummed, but maybe that's God's way of saying that I should be GRINDING every waking hour during my spring break? :lol:

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby stillwater » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 pm

PinkLotus wrote:Lady Gaga show in Brooklyn I was planning on going to was cancelled due to her hip surgery...bummed, but maybe that's God's way of saying that I should be GRINDING every waking hour during my spring break? :lol:


my spring break will only involve grinding.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 pm

stillwater wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:Lady Gaga show in Brooklyn I was planning on going to was cancelled due to her hip surgery...bummed, but maybe that's God's way of saying that I should be GRINDING every waking hour during my spring break? :lol:


my spring break will only involve grinding.


Ditto...can't imagine how crunched the 1Ls going on spring break pro bono trips will feel. I can't imagine volunteering for 40 hours/week+travelling on top of exam prep! One of my mentors said she didn't do any schoolwork the entire break. :shock:

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Bronck » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:14 pm

PinkLotus wrote:
stillwater wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:Lady Gaga show in Brooklyn I was planning on going to was cancelled due to her hip surgery...bummed, but maybe that's God's way of saying that I should be GRINDING every waking hour during my spring break? :lol:


my spring break will only involve grinding.


Ditto...can't imagine how crunched the 1Ls going on spring break pro bono trips will feel. I can't imagine volunteering for 40 hours/week+travelling on top of exam prep! One of my mentors said she didn't do any schoolwork the entire break. :shock:


Woah not sure why a 1L would go on one of those trips :shock:

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby JG7773 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:18 pm

Questions for the CSWS, bros (and gals). . .

I received a code for free supplement from Aspen. What shalt I get?! I am taking Ks/Crim/Con this semester and I already have the K's E&E, Dressler, and Chemerinsky. Should I pick up a Crunchtime? Any suggestions on which one may be most helpful?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Get a chimerinsky and sell it?

User avatar
LetsGoLAW
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby LetsGoLAW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:20 pm

9:18 PM. Friday night. My iPhone beeps. "Hey, want to watch a movie?"

I open up my calendar app. 10 weeks till finals. I stare back at my phone. I respond with a simple "No."

Moments like these make the difference. CSWS is a slow, steady battle. Do your time now. It will pay off.

4 hours left... 4 hours left...

Edit: See this? Before and after. Before finals: CSWS. After finals: PROFIT.

Image Image
Last edited by LetsGoLAW on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
LetsGoLAW
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby LetsGoLAW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:21 pm

JG7773 wrote:Questions for the CSWS, bros (and gals). . .

I received a code for free supplement from Aspen. What shalt I get?! I am taking Ks/Crim/Con this semester and I already have the K's E&E, Dressler, and Chemerinsky. Should I pick up a Crunchtime? Any suggestions on which one may be most helpful?


K's: Farnsworth. Also, Chirelstein is great: http://www.amazon.com/Chirelsteins-Conc ... B0041T61UE
Criminal: Dressler.
Con: Chereminsky.

E&Es are good for hypos for legal reasoning. Develop this skill.
Last edited by LetsGoLAW on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BlueLotus
Posts: 2428
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BlueLotus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:26 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
JG7773 wrote:Questions for the CSWS, bros (and gals). . .

I received a code for free supplement from Aspen. What shalt I get?! I am taking Ks/Crim/Con this semester and I already have the K's E&E, Dressler, and Chemerinsky. Should I pick up a Crunchtime? Any suggestions on which one may be most helpful?


K's: Farnsworth.
Criminal: Dressler.
Con: Chereminsky.

E&Es are good for hypos for legal reasoning. Develop this skill.


I second Farnsworth. I credit my A in Ks to him. RIP.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests