OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LetsGoLAW

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread

Postby LetsGoLAW » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:20 pm

I do not underestimate my competition. However, it seems tome the majority of students have not even started to work on half the things we are. I do not know if this is a cause to celebrate, but it is further not a cause to be let down.

And, yes, I do, Jsa.

Team strong. I want those 9 AM - 11 PM days clocked in ROUTINELY.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm

minnbills wrote:I would definitely read GTM. I am sooo much better at spotting issues now that I've read it.

Yeah, I'll try to do that next weekend I guess, or maybe if I have any time this week...
LetsGoLAW wrote:I do not underestimate my competition. However, it seems tome the majority of students have not even started to work on half the things we are. I do not know if this is a cause to celebrate, but it is further not a cause to be let down.

And, yes, I do, Jsa.

Until this last week, I felt like this (then again, i wasn't doing a ton until the last 2-3 weeks either), but I feel like now that its November, a lot of people have started stepping up their workloads.

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:I do not underestimate my competition. However, it seems tome the majority of students have not even started to work on half the things we are. I do not know if this is a cause to celebrate, but it is further not a cause to be let down.

And, yes, I do, Jsa.

do you have a checklist or mini-outline for ch. 5 & 6?
there is a shit ton of material in the notes sections, and want to make sure i didnt miss anything.

What are the subjects for 5 and 6?

SportsFan wrote:
minnbills wrote:I would definitely read GTM. I am sooo much better at spotting issues now that I've read it.

Yeah, I'll try to do that next weekend I guess, or maybe if I have any time this week...

And, yes, I do, Jsa.

Until this last week, I felt like this (then again, i wasn't doing a ton until the last 2-3 weeks either), but I feel like now that its November, a lot of people have started stepping up their workloads.

SportsFan, TITC, but hard and smart work > hard work.
Last edited by LetsGoLAW on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

splittermcsplit88

Postby splittermcsplit88 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:32 pm

It really pisses me off when my professor assigns 6 cases for the next class. You might go over them, you might not, why are you so cruel.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:
What are the subjects for 5 and 6?

co-ownership, marital interests, L/T law... sublease, assingment, L duties, default T, eviction... all DAT SHITZ

Sent. A lot of this covers my teacher's preferences, so view it with an open mind.

And do you have Understanding Property by Sprankling? I plowed through these subjects today and it is a lot better than the casebook.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:54 pm

swimmer11 wrote:haha... yeah, no time to: a) cook my food for the week like usual, 2) hit the gym
Gotta make time for the gym! Law school is no excuse for not making all kinds of gains![/quote]

+1. Hittin the weights keeps me sain. However, I will admit I've been slackin a little. :?[/quote]

fact. its been over a week, time to start hitting the gym again.[/quote]

I have been slacking hardcore on my workouts. Starting tomorrow morning I am going to hit the gym again. I think I am going to go around 5 A.M workout until 6, then go to Starbucks and study until he library opens up.[/quote]

BOSS HOGGIN

I wish I could do this haha

How many hours of sleep are people getting a night? Is limiting it to about 6 a bad idea? I am semi behind due to some health issues, hoping to catch up!

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm

I can't sacrifice sleep, I'm not as sharp and I get sick quickly. So I shoot for at least 7 a night.

Is anyone else finding CALI nearly useless for Torts? I feel like half the answers are incorrect.

BlueLotus

Postby BlueLotus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 pm

What property supplement is everyone using? Is Gilbert's credited?

Worth the time perusing GTM this late in the semester? FWIW I already did LEEWS audio/primer over the summer + once again during the semester. Does GTM cover anything earthshattering that LEEWS doesn't? Does any of the advice conflict?

bigbang

Postby bigbang » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 pm

minnbills wrote:Checking in.

Hardly started outlining, but I have yet to find someone in my section who is further than I am.

I feel the same way. Started outlining. Feel behind compared to this thread but most of my friends only seem to be starting now.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

bigbang wrote:
minnbills wrote:Checking in.

Hardly started outlining, but I have yet to find someone in my section who is further than I am.

I feel the same way. Started outlining. Feel behind compared to this thread but most of my friends only seem to be starting now.

I am basically here too. 2 weeks behind in contracts. Trying to do Torts now. Still have crim and civ pro to break into.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:30 pm

PinkLotus wrote:What property supplement is everyone using? Is Gilbert's credited?

Worth the time perusing GTM this late in the semester? FWIW I already did LEEWS audio/primer over the summer + once again during the semester. Does GTM cover anything earthshattering that LEEWS doesn't? Does any of the advice conflict?

I read GTM over the summer and it was hard to apply without any real legal knowledge. I read it again last week and totally recommend taking the time to read it. prefereably ASAP. OL it too, so you can refresh the whole book in like 10 minutes.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Nova wrote:
PinkLotus wrote:What property supplement is everyone using? Is Gilbert's credited?

I read GTM over the summer and it was hard to apply without any real legal knowledge. I read it again last week and totally recommend taking the time to read it. prefereably ASAP. OL it too, so you can refresh the whole book in like 10 minutes.

+1 I wish I had read it earlier

I haven't outlined it and don't think I'll have time. But I'm going to run through it again.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Just read the intro of GTM and I already wish I had read it 2-3 weeks ago LOL. Hopefully I can knock it out over the next 10 days or so.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 pm

minnbills wrote:Is anyone else finding CALI nearly useless for Torts? I feel like half the answers are incorrect.

tbh, I haven't really liked any of the CALI lessons I've gone through

Maximized

Postby Maximized » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:01 pm

I'm seeing a stark contrast between where you fine people are and where folks at my school, myself included, seem to be, so I thought I'd bring this up.

I'm hoping to be finished with all of the readings, as well as LRW, by this time next Sunday, at the latest. After that, I'm going to outline everything, supplementing with the E&Es for K and Torts, and then start studying and taking practice exams (where possible).

If you guys could give me a rough idea of how well / far behind I am, I'd appreciate it. CSWS

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Checking in. I am taking Civ Pro, Prop, and Torts this semester. My first final (Torts) is in 30 days! I am ready for the grind.

I noticed some talk about a Torts flowchart being made. I am interested to see that when it is ready. I have a future interest property flow chart that I made and would be willing to share / get some feedback on. PM me if you are interested in taking a look at that.

Let's GRIND!!!

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:18 pm

I read GTM early, but it did not make much sense until mid-semester. I have a basic GTM outline if any of you fine folks would like to see it. PM me.

We're in this together.

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Sent you a PM brother.

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:23 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:I read GTM early, but it did not make much sense until mid-semester. I have a basic GTM outline if any of you fine folks would like to see it. PM me.

We're in this together.

PM sent.

Postby 005618502 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Maximized wrote:I'm seeing a stark contrast between where you fine people are and where folks at my school, myself included, seem to be, so I thought I'd bring this up.

I'm hoping to be finished with all of the readings, as well as LRW, by this time next Sunday, at the latest. After that, I'm going to outline everything, supplementing with the E&Es for K and Torts, and then start studying and taking practice exams (where possible).

If you guys could give me a rough idea of how well / far behind I am, I'd appreciate it. CSWS

I think if you are done with everything else by next sunday you are good. I mean, most people at my school havent finished all their outlines (for all I know many havent started) but its not something we really talk about

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
Maximized wrote:I'm seeing a stark contrast between where you fine people are and where folks at my school, myself included, seem to be, so I thought I'd bring this up.

I think if you are done with everything else by next sunday you are good. I mean, most people at my school havent finished all their outlines (for all I know many havent started) but its not something we really talk about

My contracts put on a panel with top students last year. Half didn't start outlining til Thanksgiving or later. :shock:

gaud

Postby gaud » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

LGL,

It's sweet bro. tyty

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”