OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Doorkeeper

Gold

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Doorkeeper » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm

thelong wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:Yeah, honestly, I have no idea what to do. I understand the neglected GF feeling and everything, but it just seems that she took it way to far. I mean, she went as far as taking it off of Facebook, then proceeded to delete her Facebook, and now she is acting like nothing ever happened.

I think after finals are over on Friday, and after the huge party that is going down, I am going to bail for a couple days to my families lake house, drink some beers, and just try and figure everything out.
I am really impressed with how straight you have your head on.

Good luck.
This.

Also, it sounds like you need to have a post-finals chat about that whole blow up. Girls (and guys) can have emotional blow-ups where they say all sorts of shit they don't mean, but they don't realize just how crazy they sounded because their emotions got in the way of thinking rationally about what's going on during the blow-up.

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 pm

swimmer11 wrote:Yeah, honestly, I have no idea what to do. I understand the neglected GF feeling and everything, but it just seems that she took it way to far. I mean, she went as far as taking it off of Facebook, then proceeded to delete her Facebook, and now she is acting like nothing ever happened.

I think after finals are over on Friday, and after the huge party that is going down, I am going to bail for a couple days to my families lake house, drink some beers, and just try and figure everything out.
If she's worth it to you, you should definitely be upfront about your feelings and confusion after finals are over. But definitely don't worry about it now.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:00 pm

fltanglab wrote:

If she's worth it to you, you should definitely be upfront about your feelings and confusion after finals are over. But definitely don't worry about it now.
Right now you should walk into the library, whip out your junk, and ask who wants to sex Mutombo??

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Found a spare CivPro Outline on my desktop.

Delete.

Feelsgoodman.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm

Nice, good call. Do all of that in that order and then try and talk it out with her if you still want to. But forreal you should tell her that if she wants to stay together that should never happen again. It's not fair for her to put you through all of that during 1L finals just because you didn't pay enough attention to her.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Pleasye wrote:

Nice, good call. Do all of that in that order and then try and talk it out with her if you still want to. But forreal you should tell her that if she wants to stay together that should never happen again. It's not fair for her to put you through all of that during 1L finals just because you didn't pay enough attention to her.
This... I'm going to be real I have a pretty serious girlfriend. Didn't see her for two moths and told her that we weren't going to text at all during the two weeks of finals unless I was taking a break. She was totally cool and supportive. Not saying that every girl is the same, but dude if she loves you shes going to want whats best for both of you. Sounds like she was being selfish. Sorry for the insensitivity, but it sounds like if she couldn't suck it up for you you should reevaluate.

dannynoonan87

Bronze

Post by dannynoonan87 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 pm

good luck to those who still have an exam tomorrow (like me) or fri

sending good vibes y'all

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 am

Lacepiece23 wrote:
Pleasye wrote:

This... I'm going to be real I have a pretty serious girlfriend. Didn't see her for two moths and told her that we weren't going to text at all during the two weeks of finals unless I was taking a break. She was totally cool and supportive. Not saying that every girl is the same, but dude if she loves you shes going to want whats best for both of you. Sounds like she was being selfish. Sorry for the insensitivity, but it sounds like if she couldn't suck it up for you you should reevaluate.
My fiancé was great with the lack of attention all semester but decided to get extra needy right around when finals started. Oh well. Cost of being in a serious relationship I suppose.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:20 am

Was supposed to be done tomorrow but the damn test got moved back to Friday.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 am

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:
Pleasye wrote:

My fiancé was great with the lack of attention all semester but decided to get extra needy right around when finals started. Oh well. Cost of being in a serious relationship I suppose.
Fiance > serious girlfriend. Sometimes close and confused, but not the same lol. She's getting the hardware I feel like mine might also have had some pressure because if we didn't make it threw no chance that I would propose. Sorry for anyone offended for me maybe sounding like a dick.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:33 pm

I have one more final tomorrow and I'm finding it so hard to study. I just want it to be overrrrrr.

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:19 pm

Just got back from my civ pro final. Feel like I absolutely destroyed it. I feel great. Honestly just hoping that doesn't mean I missed some big issues (I was wondering that during the exam too haha, so I went back and made sure to double check for everything I could think of, and I think I hit everything). But goddamn it feels good to be done, regardless of how it went!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:I have one more final tomorrow and I'm finding it so hard to study. I just want it to be overrrrrr.
CSWS!

Only one left bro; gotta keep goin!!!!

Tomorrow night you'll be free

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Finished Torts!! All done!!

I focused on hitting as many issues as possible rather than talking at length about fewer things. I'm hoping that pays off for me. There's no word counter on my software but I estimated about 10,700 . Don't know if that's a lot or a little.

I'm hoping I did well on this one, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Congrats to all of you!

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:44 pm

minnbills wrote:There's no word counter on my software but I estimated about 10,700 . Don't know if that's a lot or a little.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Congrats on finishing!

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm

One more exam tomorrow at 1:15, and then I am done. Man, it is a challenge to study today, I feel like I could just take this test right now!

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Doorkeeper wrote:
minnbills wrote:There's no word counter on my software but I estimated about 10,700 . Don't know if that's a lot or a little.

Congrats on finishing!
Haha thanks. Is that a lot or what? I have no idea!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 pm

minnbills wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

Congrats on finishing!
1 or 2 guides on here suggest 2000 words per hour as a good rate (and its been what I've targeting), so unless you had like a 5 hour exam, you wrote a LOT haha.

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:25 pm

minnbills wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

Congrats on finishing!
Depending on how much time you had that's an ungodly amount and probably inaccurate. Do you think you wrote over 20 pages? That's what you're claiming right now.

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:29 pm

hibiki wrote:
minnbills wrote:
Doorkeeper wrote:

Congrats on finishing!
Depending on how much time you had that's an ungodly amount and probably inaccurate. Do you think you wrote over 20 pages? That's what you're claiming right now.
This and how was your spelling on this? I am curious because I wrote 8,000 words in about 2 hours and 45 minutes and my spelling was atrocious.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 pm

I had spellcheck. All I know is that I typed 40000 characters plus 300 words

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:36 pm

minnbills wrote:I had spellcheck. All I know is that I typed 40000 characters plus 300 words
Damn, you had time to spell check as well? How long was your exam? Mine was 3 hours and 15 minutes with multiple choice, policy, and like 13 page fact pattern. I had no time to spell check :(
Last edited by swimmer11 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm

4 hours- I may have pulled the wrong nber though

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:42 pm

minnbills wrote:I had spellcheck. All I know is that I typed 40000 characters plus 300 words
Probably closer to ~8000 words then.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:58 pm

minnbills wrote:Finished Torts!! All done!!

I focused on hitting as many issues as possible rather than talking at length about fewer things. I'm hoping that pays off for me. There's no word counter on my software but I estimated about 10,700 . Don't know if that's a lot or a little.

I'm hoping I did well on this one, I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Congrats to all of you!
"Estimating" 10,700? That's an odd number to estimate.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”