OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
shredderrrrrr

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Nova wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:Haha, I'm not used to seeing something non-abusive follow "You're at Drake, right?" on TLS. But yeah, that's where I'm at.

I have a friend at Drake too. Shes a 1L.

BearsGrl wrote:Haha - Well I'm from the Midwest originally and don't have Chi-town, LA, NYC, etc. "elite" syndrome so I have no problems with Drake. My friend is not from IA originally and thought she would transfer and ended up staying there.

Man, my mind is getting blown!

Now I'm curious. I doubt I know the 2L since I've never really talked to upper-classmen other than my mentor (I'm pretty insulated with my 1L's). Nova's friend, however, I probably know.

ETA: And glad to hear you don't have "elite-syndrome" BearsGrl. While I think most of the people on TLS are just trying to help and are generally coming from the right place, I think they seem to forget that certain circumstances can lead people to many different schools for many different reasons.
Last edited by shredderrrrrr on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:32 pm

omfg I can't believe I'm done.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Pleasye wrote:omfg I can't believe I'm done.

Congrats! (I'm jealous)

Did they go well?

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:34 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:Haha, I'm not used to seeing something non-abusive follow "You're at Drake, right?" on TLS. But yeah, that's where I'm at.

BearsGrl wrote:Haha - Well I'm from the Midwest originally and don't have Chi-town, LA, NYC, etc. "elite" syndrome so I have no problems with Drake. My friend is not from IA originally and thought she would transfer and ended up staying there.

Now I'm curious. I doubt I know the 2L since I've never really talked to upper-classmen other than my mentor (I'm pretty insulated with my 1L's). Nova's friend, however, I probably know.

PMed

Also, my lawyer for my public intox at ISU went to Drake. Moothart is the man. http://www.moothartlawoffice.com/

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:35 pm

I emailed the TA. I'll probably email the dean of students who is really helpful with these things too

gaud

Postby gaud » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:40 pm

CONGRATS PLEASYE!!!!!!!!!!!

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:42 pm

minnbills wrote:I emailed the TA. I'll probably email the dean of students who is really helpful with these things too

I don't know if our responses are just getting lost in the other posts, but we're not trying to ignore you minnbills! Care to explain what happened in more detail?

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:45 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
Nova wrote:

Haha you probably have seen her but not often, if at all. She doesn't hang around campus much.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:47 pm

For everyone still taking finals, What your schedules looking like?

I have two classes in the books (civ pro/con law).

K is monday

Torts is thursday.

Basically studying for each the entire two day before.

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Torts on Monday - Have studied for it, taken practice tests, nothing much else.

Criminal Law on Friday - I will study for it after torts.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:51 pm

gaud wrote:

CONGRATS PLEASYE!!!!!!!!!!!

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:55 pm

I had 3 finals this week.

Mon- Ks
Wed - Torts
Today - Property
Mon. - Crim. law (one of my weaker subjects but thankfully Dressler exists and my prof is a Dressler fanatic)

Can't wait to fly home and not think about law for a bit. I'll still take supps. and stuff home over break, but my head needs a break and I'm looking forward to hanging out with friends/family for a bit. Not sure how/why people are applying for 1L SAs already. I've attended events throughout this semester and two of the main firms here don't hire until 2L. If folks want to jump on that, so be it. I will kick back and relax for now.

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:59 pm

Nova wrote:For everyone still taking finals, What your schedules looking like?

I have two classes in the books (civ pro/con law).

K is monday

Torts is thursday.

Basically studying for each the entire two day before.

Have Civ Pro and Torts done.

Crim Law on Monday.

K on Thursday.

Like you, I'm going hard on the subject in the days immediately preceding the final. Before finals started altogether, I just prepped my material/outlines for all my classes. Then I went to town on Civ Pro Thursday-Sunday and Torts Monday-Wednesday. As such, I am currently in the midst of my Crim cramming.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
minnbills wrote:I emailed the TA. I'll probably email the dean of students who is really helpful with these things too

I don't know if our responses are just getting lost in the other posts, but we're not trying to ignore you minnbills! Care to explain what happened in more detail?

Thanks. So it was a take home exam and part of the instructions was to provide a word count. I forgot to do this, though the answer is within the word limit.

Postby 005618502 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 pm

minnbills wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Thanks. So it was a take home exam and part of the instructions was to provide a word count. I forgot to do this, though the answer is within the word limit.

You cant man, its blind grading

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:12 pm

minnbills wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Oh that's nothing. I thought there was like a 10,000 word limit and you wrote 25,000 (in which case I would say you're fucked). I wouldn't really worry about it. Chances are that your professor either won't notice it, or, if she does, not really care much. I would view it just like a formatting error - if your professor notices, they likely won't do anything other than dock a few points.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:Congrats! (I'm jealous)

Did they go well?

Thanks everyone, I'm just glad it's over. I don't know how they went but there were no major mishaps so now I'll just wait and see.

Good luck with the rest of your finalssss <3 (that's directed at everyone of course).

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:01 am

Fuck Bros.

I have had the worst final ever. Fucking GF broke up with me officially today. Told me she did not want to spend Christmas with me or anything. So fucking awesome.

Had a contracts exam on Weds that I have no idea how it went. Probably median fucked on that.

Have torts on monday. Will most def be screwed for that.

FML

gaud

Postby gaud » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:02 am

swimmer11 wrote:Fuck Bros.

I have had the worst final ever. Fucking GF broke up with me officially today. Told me she did not want to spend Christmas with me or anything. So fucking awesome.

Had a contracts exam on Weds that I have no idea how it went. Probably median fucked on that.

FML

fuck that girl bro. fuck her. forget about her.

Drink a brew and relax. Torts should be fun (at least more so than contracts)

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 am

FML

Dude, sorry to hear.

And are you kidding me about your GF? That's some fucked up shit. It would've been better for her to dump you on Christmas than right in the heart of finals.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:04 am

gaud wrote:

FML

Seriously. And take out your aggression and SUE SOME MOTHERFUCKERS on that Torts exam.

soj

Postby soj » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:07 am

Oh fuck that, that's terrible.

Just dropping by to cheer y'all on. You've motherfucking got this.

Postby 005618502 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:07 am

gaud wrote:

FML

Seriously man, you dont want to be with a girl who would pull this shit on you at this time. Thats complete bs that she would do that

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:08 am

FML

Since I'm a check, is it too early to say..... at least you won't have to buy her a gift?

You can still rock Torts though!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”