OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
BearsGrl

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Maximized wrote:Well, I'm fucked. CivPro was half multiple choice and half essay. MC was hard, people said, but I think I did really well, missed maybe 2-3 out of 40. The essay, though, not so much. It's as if my brain stopped working.

I know that the Final Judgment Rule determines whether there can be an appeal of a denied JNOV motion, a denied new trial motion, and a granted new trial motion. Somehow, I didn't on the test. I made some absurd argument about how the appellate judge should grant the JNOV motion, which resolves most of the other issues, aside from a few, etc. In other words, totally fucking wrong.

I realized on my way home how bad I screwed up about 1/4 or 1/5 of the essay, and after a much-needed nap and not looking at the book, I realized I screwed up much more than that and my essay was very likely the worst in the class. So now I'm contemplating what to do after my failing grades come out: drop out and become a manager at a supplement store or save myself the inability to pay off the debt and just blow my brains out. The world's ending in a week anyway, right?

You've already paid through til next semester so you're stuck with at least that debt.

Especially on a day when so many people actually had their lives taken away too short.

Maximized

Postby Maximized » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:26 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Maximized wrote:Well, I'm fucked. CivPro was half multiple choice and half essay. MC was hard, people said, but I think I did really well, missed maybe 2-3 out of 40. The essay, though, not so much. It's as if my brain stopped working.

I know that the Final Judgment Rule determines whether there can be an appeal of a denied JNOV motion, a denied new trial motion, and a granted new trial motion. Somehow, I didn't on the test. I made some absurd argument about how the appellate judge should grant the JNOV motion, which resolves most of the other issues, aside from a few, etc. In other words, totally fucking wrong.

I realized on my way home how bad I screwed up about 1/4 or 1/5 of the essay, and after a much-needed nap and not looking at the book, I realized I screwed up much more than that and my essay was very likely the worst in the class. So now I'm contemplating what to do after my failing grades come out: drop out and become a manager at a supplement store or save myself the inability to pay off the debt and just blow my brains out. The world's ending in a week anyway, right?

You've already paid through til next semester so you're stuck with at least that debt.

Especially on a day when so many people actually had their lives taken away too short.
Oh, I'm sorry, did I ask about the spike in mass shootings lately or what it means to society? No.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Maximized wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry, did I ask about the spike in mass shootings lately or what it means to society? No.

You're on edge. Just step away from TLS for the night.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Maximized wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

No she's saying that it is a little insensitive to talk about killing yourself over messing up part of an essay question on one of your law school exams, especially given that it is on the same day that dozens of children were murdered.

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Maximized wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Wow, douche. No one had a perfect finals week, GTF over it. Go find some respect.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Hard to take TallBuildingsGrl seriously

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:Hard to take TallBuildingsGrl seriously

?

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:00 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

?

BearsGrl is known for opinions that are contrary to many TLSer's about when its a good idea to attend law school.

Although, ITT, she is acting like a normal person.
Last edited by Nova on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Nova wrote:Although, ITT, she is acting like a normal person.

Admittedly, yes. I actually had to double check to make sure it was the same person.

Eta: lol

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:

Admittedly, yes. I actually had to double check to make sure it was the same person.

Because I said that Irvine had tall buildings, which I would assume that normal people would assume meant HQs, I get deemed a troll.

Good to know. :D

I still think UC-I is going to be a strong school, comparable to UCLA and USC over time. I don't see why the got my head bitten off. But whatevs.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:11 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:

And I don't even know you so I don't know why you inserted yourself into this. 8)

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:12 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:

?

You're at Drake right? I have a friend there who's a 2L.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:15 pm

Not the best time to interject, but could someone give me an opinion on the word count omission?

Also, atta boy nova

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Nova wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

?

BearsGrl is known for opinions that are contrary to many TLSer's about when its a good idea to attend law school.

Shouldn't it be TLSers's or TLSers?

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:17 pm

minnbills wrote:Not the best time to interject, but could someone give me an opinion on the word count omission?

Also, atta boy nova

Email the prof. and ask. You might even help him/her out.

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

minnbills wrote:Not the best time to interject, but could someone give me an opinion on the word count omission?

Also, atta boy nova

you mean, you just forgot to write down the word count?

the one prof I have who cares about that stuff would take off one point out of 30, where the top of the curve is like 15.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
Nova wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

?

Shouldn't it be TLSers's or TLSers?

idk

Im not great at English and typically write informally on these boards, without giving grammer much thought. I think it would be TLSers' (opinions).

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm

BearsGrl wrote:

Also, atta boy nova

DO NOT DO THIS if your exams are graded anonymously...

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Also, atta boy nova

Need more info. Do you mean there was a word limit and you just blew by it without thinking twice? If so, how many words over?

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:23 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

?

Haha, I'm not used to seeing something non-abusive follow "You're at Drake, right?" on TLS. But yeah, that's where I'm at.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Also, atta boy nova

DO NOT DO THIS if your exams are graded anonymously...

Well I meant, email the TA. My bad.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:25 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:Haha, I'm not used to seeing something non-abusive follow "You're at Drake, right?" on TLS. But yeah, that's where I'm at.

I have a friend at Drake too. Shes a 1L.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:27 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

?

Haha, I'm not used to seeing something non-abusive follow "You're at Drake, right?" on TLS. But yeah, that's where I'm at.

Haha - Well I'm from the Midwest originally and don't have Chi-town, LA, NYC, etc. "elite" syndrome so I have no problems with Drake. My friend is not from IA originally and thought she would transfer and ended up staying there.

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:27 pm

So much Drake luv.

I don't even.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”