OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
SportsFan

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby SportsFan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 pm

Had my 2nd final this morning, torts. Went really well, I think. 1st problem was crazy, no one was really sure where to even go with it. 2nd and 3rd are fairly straightforward. I ended up barely mentioning any BLL, pretty much just made policy arguments the whole time. Think I organized it really well. Problem is pretty much every felt how I did, so I have no idea how the curve will be. I can't see myself at the bottom (a B-), but could see any other grade...

Blumpbeef

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:56 pm

gaud wrote:Since finishing my second final I've done nothing lol

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:59 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:I have having problems focusing. Need to study for my final monday, yet I find myself on Fantasy football/FB/TLS every 5 minutes :( ughhhhh

This.

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Just took my second final, torts. I think I can safely say I totally owned it. So much medical malpractice rules. Blech!

jkpolk

Postby jkpolk » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:33 pm

swimmer11 wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:I have having problems focusing. Need to study for my final monday, yet I find myself on Fantasy football/FB/TLS every 5 minutes :( ughhhhh

This.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 pm

gaud wrote:

Same here bro. Since finishing my second final I've done nothing lol

Glad I'm not the only one. Worst part is my Monday final is my weakest subject.

Postby 005618502 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:25 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
gaud wrote:

hahaha Same!

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:33 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
gaud wrote:

Lol. Could have posted the same thing. At least my last final is by far my strongest THANK YOU CRIMLAWGODDRESSLER

Postby 005618502 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm

swimmer11 wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
gaud wrote:

Lol. Could have posted the same thing. At least my last final is by far my strongest THANK YOU CRIMLAWGODDRESSLER

Crim is my last and probably my 2nd weakest subject. Our professor is just so unknown that I have no idea what to expect, let alone what to study!

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Two down, one to go! I had Property today. I think it went rather well, but who knows. It was 50 M/C and then one essay. I feel like I killed the essay; however, it is only 15% of the grade! Time will tell, but I feel good. Civ Pro is on deck for Monday. . . closed book / note. . . its going to be a long weekend.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

Crim is my last and probably my 2nd weakest subject. Our professor is just so unknown that I have no idea what to expect, let alone what to study!

That is how my Crim is as well (my weakest subject). The professor has spent all semester focusing on theory and just talking about vague things but supposedly tests over only CL and MPC. No idea how to approach the test.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:50 pm

JG7773 wrote:Two down, one to go! I had Property today. I think it went rather well, but who knows. It was 50 M/C and then one essay. I feel like I killed the essay; however, it is only 15% of the grade! Time will tell, but I feel good. Civ Pro is on deck for Monday. . . closed book / note. . . its going to be a long weekend.

Is closed book not common either? I get to use notes for only my fourth final and thought I was lucky for that!

Robert Paulson

Postby Robert Paulson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 pm

forgot my laptop charger at home today...most productive I've been since my last final

gobuffs10

Postby gobuffs10 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:19 pm

6 hours to do a Ks outline and still get 7 hours of sleep. CSWS.

He doesn't post old exams, but a buddy got one from a 3L, with the answer key, and was nice enough to send it my way. This might go okay after all.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 pm

Not even sure what to study anymore for civ pro. I have my flowcharts, my outline, my checklist, my tabbed rule book. I've read all of them a gazillion times, taking PTs tomorrow and sunday and doing glannon mc. Maybe I'll take a contracts break.

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:34 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
JG7773 wrote:Two down, one to go! I had Property today. I think it went rather well, but who knows. It was 50 M/C and then one essay. I feel like I killed the essay; however, it is only 15% of the grade! Time will tell, but I feel good. Civ Pro is on deck for Monday. . . closed book / note. . . its going to be a long weekend.

Is closed book not common either? I get to use notes for only my fourth final and thought I was lucky for that!

Not really sure. All of my exams were closed book; however, the other sections have open book/notes for their CP exam.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Crushed my conlaw final, but forgot to include the word limit. . . Hoping it doesn't sink me

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:53 pm

minnbills wrote:Crushed my conlaw final, but forgot to include the word limit. . . Hoping it doesn't sink me

Good job MB!!

I dont think mine went terribly bad. It was closed book and only 2 hours for the essay portion, so who knows.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:59 pm

Do professors ever take points off for irrelevant information/strange arguments, or is it just wasted time that you aren't given extra points for? I had enough time on my Torts final yesterday to put forth arguments suing and defending every possible thing...but some of my arguments were pretty absurd. Absurd enough that I highly doubt I will receive points for them. I just figured I had the time, so why the hell not? Now I'm worried the answer to that rhetorical question might be that I will get points taken off.

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:04 pm

I think it depends

My con law prof gives 0-6 points based on "overall impression".... and said he took off if you talked about unimportaint shit.

OTOH, My guess is most torts profs dont care, they just want as much on paper as possible.

Maximized

Postby Maximized » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Well, I'm fucked. CivPro was half multiple choice and half essay. MC was hard, people said, but I think I did really well, missed maybe 2-3 out of 40. The essay, though, not so much. It's as if my brain stopped working.

I know that the Final Judgment Rule determines whether there can be an appeal of a denied JNOV motion, a denied new trial motion, and a granted new trial motion. Somehow, I didn't on the test. I made some absurd argument about how the appellate judge should grant the JNOV motion, which resolves most of the other issues, aside from a few, etc. In other words, totally fucking wrong.

I realized on my way home how bad I screwed up about 1/4 or 1/5 of the essay, and after a much-needed nap and not looking at the book, I realized I screwed up much more than that and my essay was very likely the worst in the class. So now I'm contemplating what to do after my failing grades come out: drop out and become a manager at a supplement store or save myself the inability to pay off the debt and just blow my brains out. The world's ending in a week anyway, right?
Last edited by Maximized on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Do you guys think I'm fucked for forgetting g to include the wordcount? It was a take home

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:09 pm

minnbills wrote:Do you guys think I'm fucked for forgetting g to include the wordcount? It was a take home

how much over did you go??

BearsGrl

Postby BearsGrl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:14 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:Do professors ever take points off for irrelevant information/strange arguments, or is it just wasted time that you aren't given extra points for? I had enough time on my Torts final yesterday to put forth arguments suing and defending every possible thing...but some of my arguments were pretty absurd. Absurd enough that I highly doubt I will receive points for them. I just figured I had the time, so why the hell not? Now I'm worried the answer to that rhetorical question might be that I will get points taken off.

It depends on the Prof. Everything comes down to your prof's style. Two of mine specifically said to not talk about unnecessary info. My Ks prof. will even take off for it.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:14 pm

Maximized wrote:Well, I'm fucked. CivPro was half multiple choice and half essay. MC was hard, people said, but I think I did really well, missed maybe 2-3 out of 40. The essay, though, not so much. It's as if my brain stopped working.

I know that the Final Judgment Rule determines whether there can be an appeal of a denied JNOV motion, a denied new trial motion, and a granted new trial motion. Somehow, I didn't on the test. I made some absurd argument about how the appellate judge should grant the JNOV motion, which resolves most of the other issues, aside from a few, etc. In other words, totally fucking wrong.

I realized on my way home how bad I screwed up about 1/4 or 1/5 of the essay, and after a much-needed nap and not looking at the book, I realized I screwed up much more than that and my essay was very likely the worst in the class. So now I'm contemplating what to do after my failing grades come out: drop out and become a manager at a supplement store or save myself the inability to pay off the debt and just blow my brains out. The world's ending in a week anyway, right?

Relax man. I guarantee you a lot of people fucked up. There's nothing you can do about it now, so just don't worry about it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”