OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Doing way too much CALI and reviewing way too many exams.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Cali?

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:Doing way too much CALI and reviewing way too many exams.

Are you stoned, brother?

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Doing way too much CALI and reviewing way too many exams.

Are you stoned, brother?


I missed the joke.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Doing way too much CALI and reviewing way too many exams.

Are you stoned, brother?


I missed the joke.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... ali%20tree

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm

FUARK

Blumpbeef wrote:Cali?


Cali.org

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 005618502 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Finished my torts exam. 4 hours, 22 pages. We had 2 long issue spotters and a policy question at the end. Spent about 30 mins on the policy one scratching my head. Had no idea wtf to do, it was something we didnt really talk about. Besides the policy question, I think I crushed it. Including the policy question... median pwned :/

who actually knows though

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby fltanglab » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:13 pm

swimmer11 wrote:serious question - How hard are you guys studying? What do you do at night? Are you just grinding hard as fuck still? I feell


I highly recommend (and have received a lot of 2L/3L advice) to relax immediately after exams. And then study all other times. But if you feel burnt out, drop everything and do something fun. I'm heading into week two and I am exhausted, but not burnt out. So make sure you find that balance. It will improve productivity too :)

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 005618502 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 pm

fltanglab wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:serious question - How hard are you guys studying? What do you do at night? Are you just grinding hard as fuck still? I feell


I highly recommend (and have received a lot of 2L/3L advice) to relax immediately after exams. And then study all other times. But if you feel burnt out, drop everything and do something fun. I'm heading into week two and I am exhausted, but not burnt out. So make sure you find that balance. It will improve productivity too :)


Finished my exam today, went and killed the gym for 2 hours. Grabbed some lunch now eating. Will probably study 2-3 hours tonight then go out and have a couple beers! lol

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby minnbills » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:19 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:Finished my torts exam. 4 hours, 22 pages. We had 2 long issue spotters and a policy question at the end. Spent about 30 mins on the policy one scratching my head. Had no idea wtf to do, it was something we didnt really talk about. Besides the policy question, I think I crushed it. Including the policy question... median pwned :/

who actually knows though


Holy shit 22 pages? Dude, if there's good substance and analysis in there I think you'll be pleased with the result.

You can fuck up a portion of an exam and still get a great grade, too. The high grade in my prof's civ pro class last year missed 50% on one of the questions and still rocked it.


I'm just kinda taking it easy today. Reviewing my outline, pulling some of the most important things for a shorter outline. Going to work my way through a PE when I get back from skiing. I'd rather be fresh tomorrow morning.

Also, just taking a look at my outline, the readings, and some PEs I'm realizing that we really haven't learned all that much, and this stuff is not that complicated at the end of the day. Hopefully I don't shit the bed tomorrow though ahaha.

User avatar
Tom Joad
Posts: 4542
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:20 pm

A bro in my exam did 21 pages in 3 hours. Damn.

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby thelong » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:49 pm

22 pages on my practice exam yesterday.

Kind of don't know what to do with myself right now. Revised my outline (even though it's a closed book) looked through EEs and hornbooks again. I plan to take another PE in a little over an hour.

I'm not sure, but I might actually be experiencing some free time right now. Weird.

mr.hands
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby mr.hands » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:25 pm

minnbills wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Finished my torts exam. 4 hours, 22 pages. We had 2 long issue spotters and a policy question at the end. Spent about 30 mins on the policy one scratching my head. Had no idea wtf to do, it was something we didnt really talk about. Besides the policy question, I think I crushed it. Including the policy question... median pwned :/

who actually knows though


Holy shit 22 pages? Dude, if there's good substance and analysis in there I think you'll be pleased with the result.

You can fuck up a portion of an exam and still get a great grade, too. The high grade in my prof's civ pro class last year missed 50% on one of the questions and still rocked it.


I'm just kinda taking it easy today. Reviewing my outline, pulling some of the most important things for a shorter outline. Going to work my way through a PE when I get back from skiing. I'd rather be fresh tomorrow morning.

Also, just taking a look at my outline, the readings, and some PEs I'm realizing that we really haven't learned all that much, and this stuff is not that complicated at the end of the day. Hopefully I don't shit the bed tomorrow though ahaha.


shit how many words is 22 pages?

Twiqbal
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Twiqbal » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:32 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:Finished my torts exam. 4 hours, 22 pages. We had 2 long issue spotters and a policy question at the end. Spent about 30 mins on the policy one scratching my head. Had no idea wtf to do, it was something we didnt really talk about. Besides the policy question, I think I crushed it. Including the policy question... median pwned :/

who actually knows though


I'm pretty sure we took the same Torts exam this morning. I wrote 22 pages too. The Policy issue was difficult, but as long as you fit Coase Theorem in there somewhere, I think you are fine.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby seahawk32 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:41 pm

wrote a lot for torts
Last edited by seahawk32 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7165
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:48 pm

seahawk32 wrote:did 27 pages on my torts exam today. 7,000 words. policy q's are a bitch


How many keys are broken?

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 005618502 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Twiqbal wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Finished my torts exam. 4 hours, 22 pages. We had 2 long issue spotters and a policy question at the end. Spent about 30 mins on the policy one scratching my head. Had no idea wtf to do, it was something we didnt really talk about. Besides the policy question, I think I crushed it. Including the policy question... median pwned :/

who actually knows though


I'm pretty sure we took the same Torts exam this morning. I wrote 22 pages too. The Policy issue was difficult, but as long as you fit Coase Theorem in there somewhere, I think you are fine.


I definitely put in Coase and threw in Vincent for my "other case" since it dealt with property rights.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby seahawk32 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 pm

lol
Last edited by seahawk32 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 005618502 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:52 pm

seahawk32 wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
seahawk32 wrote:did 27 pages on my torts exam today. 7,000 words. policy q's are a bitch


How many keys are broken?


None on my laptop, though I burned through two usb keyboards.


Our torts test had a word limit, I actually had to go back and cut one of my answers down

Twiqbal
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Twiqbal » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:53 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
Twiqbal wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Finished my torts exam. 4 hours, 22 pages. We had 2 long issue spotters and a policy question at the end. Spent about 30 mins on the policy one scratching my head. Had no idea wtf to do, it was something we didnt really talk about. Besides the policy question, I think I crushed it. Including the policy question... median pwned :/

who actually knows though


I'm pretty sure we took the same Torts exam this morning. I wrote 22 pages too. The Policy issue was difficult, but as long as you fit Coase Theorem in there somewhere, I think you are fine.


I definitely put in Coase and threw in Vincent for my "other case" since it dealt with property rights.


I did the same thing, only I just realized I confused the case name. I referred to Vincent as Ploof the whole time. Oh well.

005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 005618502 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Twiqbal wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:
Twiqbal wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Finished my torts exam. 4 hours, 22 pages. We had 2 long issue spotters and a policy question at the end. Spent about 30 mins on the policy one scratching my head. Had no idea wtf to do, it was something we didnt really talk about. Besides the policy question, I think I crushed it. Including the policy question... median pwned :/

who actually knows though


I'm pretty sure we took the same Torts exam this morning. I wrote 22 pages too. The Policy issue was difficult, but as long as you fit Coase Theorem in there somewhere, I think you are fine.


I definitely put in Coase and threw in Vincent for my "other case" since it dealt with property rights.


I did the same thing, only I just realized I confused the case name. I referred to Vincent as Ploof the whole time. Oh well.


I think you will be okay they are basically the same case. One just brought up the fact that the one using for nuisance had to pay.

Twiqbal
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Twiqbal » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:02 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:
Twiqbal wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:
Twiqbal wrote:
I'm pretty sure we took the same Torts exam this morning. I wrote 22 pages too. The Policy issue was difficult, but as long as you fit Coase Theorem in there somewhere, I think you are fine.


I definitely put in Coase and threw in Vincent for my "other case" since it dealt with property rights.


I did the same thing, only I just realized I confused the case name. I referred to Vincent as Ploof the whole time. Oh well.


I think you will be okay they are basically the same case. One just brought up the fact that the one using for nuisance had to pay.


Right. Unfortunately, I focused on the conditional rule, which is unique to Vincent. I doubt he'll care that I confused the name. If we are talking about the same professor, he recently forgot about an entire case during a review session.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 20130312 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:35 pm

So either I got an A on that Torts test, or I failed it... or somewhere in between. Now I understand the whole "arbitrary" thing.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:37 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:So either I got an A on that Torts test, or I failed it... or somewhere in between. Now I understand the whole "arbitrary" thing.

SportsFan
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby SportsFan » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:49 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:So either I got an A on that Torts test, or I failed it... or somewhere in between. Now I understand the whole "arbitrary" thing.

And then you realize thats how pretty much everyone else in the section feels too. Yep.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests