OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby eaper » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:33 am

SportsFan wrote:Hm... tomorrow is my final day before before my first final on Monday. Any suggestions on how I should spend it?


Go over your outline, do some practices, relax after dinner and get to bed early (if it is a morning exam, anyways). If you have flashcard (torts), go over those right before bed. Don't stress yourself out. Put out food/clothes/outlines for the exam day.

swimmer11
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby swimmer11 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:42 am

First exam is in 3 days. FREAKING OUT. SCARED ALL OF MY WORK THROUGHOUT THE SEMESTER IS GOING TO BE FOR NOTHING. FUCK.

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby JG7773 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:27 am

swimmer11 wrote:First exam is in 3 days. FREAKING OUT. SCARED ALL OF MY WORK THROUGHOUT THE SEMESTER IS GOING TO BE FOR NOTHING. FUCK.


I am with you. I am trying to avoid the thoughts creeping in!

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby minnbills » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 am

It's going to be okay guys. State the rule. Analyze. Apply law to fact. And above all remember to answer the question. We're going to be fine.

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby JG7773 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 am

minnbills wrote:It's going to be okay guys. State the rule. Analyze. Apply law to fact. And above all remember to answer the question. We're going to be fine.


That is the part I think will be missed the most on the exam. It is easy to just start brain dumping and get 5 or 6 pages in before you start answering the actual question.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby ThreeRivers » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:07 am

Just weird not knowing at all how we'll do on an exam... I don't ever remember feeling like this lol.

Seriously I can picture myself getting anywhere from 5-95th percentile... just no clue

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Blumpbeef » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 am

I've started writing "and the court should rule..." Before anything else and then write out my analysis above that to make sure I get to t at the end and fill in that blank.

swimmer11
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby swimmer11 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:11 am

ThreeRivers wrote:Just weird not knowing at all how we'll do on an exam... I don't ever remember feeling like this lol.

Seriously I can picture myself getting anywhere from 5-95th percentile... just no clue


That is what scares the shit out of me, considering how hard I have worked this semester knowing that I can be anywhere from the top to the bottom is just terrifying.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby minnbills » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 am

JG7773 wrote:
minnbills wrote:It's going to be okay guys. State the rule. Analyze. Apply law to fact. And above all remember to answer the question. We're going to be fine.


That is the part I think will be missed the most on the exam. It is easy to just start brain dumping and get 5 or 6 pages in before you start answering the actual question.


Yeah after doing a few PEs I was stunned when, during, review, I realized I hardly ever did that.

I think it's a really common mistake.

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby JG7773 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:16 am

minnbills wrote:
JG7773 wrote:
minnbills wrote:It's going to be okay guys. State the rule. Analyze. Apply law to fact. And above all remember to answer the question. We're going to be fine.


That is the part I think will be missed the most on the exam. It is easy to just start brain dumping and get 5 or 6 pages in before you start answering the actual question.


Yeah after doing a few PEs I was stunned when, during, review, I realized I hardly ever did that.

I think it's a really common mistake.


I would agree. If you can keep it concise and efficient we will probably find that the time crunch is eased a bit and it will serve as a way to separate ourselves from the pack.

SportsFan
Posts: 722
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby SportsFan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:47 am

JG7773 wrote:
minnbills wrote:
JG7773 wrote:
minnbills wrote:It's going to be okay guys. State the rule. Analyze. Apply law to fact. And above all remember to answer the question. We're going to be fine.


That is the part I think will be missed the most on the exam. It is easy to just start brain dumping and get 5 or 6 pages in before you start answering the actual question.


Yeah after doing a few PEs I was stunned when, during, review, I realized I hardly ever did that.

I think it's a really common mistake.


I would agree. If you can keep it concise and efficient we will probably find that the time crunch is eased a bit and it will serve as a way to separate ourselves from the pack.

Totally depends on the professor though. For my first exam, in the past my professor has just given a huge hypo and then said "Discuss all the possible claims" or once just said "Discuss". Though in a way its kind of nice, because it takes some of the pressure off worrying about being wrong. :lol:

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby thelong » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Just realized my voice is gone, haha. Would have known about it yesterday if I weren't holed up in my study fort the whole time.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby gaud » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:01 pm

I know I won't be the first to say this, but I'm nervous for my final tomorrow.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 20130312 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm

gaud wrote:I know I won't be the first to say this, but I'm nervous for my final tomorrow.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby 20130312 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 pm

Torts.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby gaud » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 pm

civ pro.

it's the class I feel most comfortable with (lol, as if i'm comfortable with it)... but the problem is: once i finish the civ pro final, my Ks final will be in a few days :shock:

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby gaud » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm

Jsa725 wrote:
gaud wrote:civ pro.

it's the class I feel most comfortable with (lol, as if i'm comfortable with it)... but the problem is: once i finish the civ pro final, my Ks final will be in a few days :shock:


yeah, K's tomorrow :shock:



good luck bro.

Ks is the scariest class I have by faaarrrrr

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jsa725
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Jsa725 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:21 pm

.
Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby gaud » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 pm

wish i could help you there good sir

User avatar
Oklahoma2014
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Oklahoma2014 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Civ Pro final yesterday. First time I've ever had a final on a Saturday but honestly at this point having trouble keeping up with what day of the week it is anyway. Test went well I think. Completely open book and I had time to look everything up that I wasn't 100% sure about. Of course, that means everyone else had that opportunity. Haha.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Now on to Contracts, my last final!

User avatar
Robert Paulson
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Robert Paulson » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:02 pm

For torts do you think it is a good idea to restate the law each time you have a new claim? I have been restating the rule, and then making subheaders for each element, but it takes a shit ton of time! Also, most of the model answers I see from schools don't use headers, or even address each element of a claim (or are very conclusory). Any thoughts from the torts masters out there?




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], shineoncrazydiamond and 5 guests