OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lacepiece23

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Postby Lacepiece23 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 pm

noleknight16 wrote:Richard Freer made Civil Procedure make more sense in just 2 hours than my professor did all semester.

if you think that's good his treatise will change your life.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 pm

The treatise is too long to be useful...not sure why I bought it. It's just the textbook with case summaries instead of cases

gaud

Postby gaud » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Slacking today bros.

I should drop out and become a rodeo clown

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:Richard Freer made Civil Procedure make more sense in just 2 hours than my professor did all semester.

Are these videos or some shit? I did the Author Miller tapes before really doing much studying and while it was 11 hours, it was amazing for synthesizing a semester's worth of material into easy to remember topics and such.

gaud

Postby gaud » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Nah, the Freer ones are audio tapes

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Birdnals wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:

Are these videos or some shit? I did the Author Miller tapes before really doing much studying and while it was 11 hours, it was amazing for synthesizing a semester's worth of material into easy to remember topics and such.

If you got a barbi password for signing up for the 1l shit, there's a 6 hour lesson. You can watch the video but its just a prof standing at a podium

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:47 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:If you got a barbi password for signing up for the 1l shit, there's a 6 hour lesson. You can watch the video but its just a prof standing at a podium

Gotchyeah, yeah I just ignored those emails. Worth it to sign up for next semester? Crim law, Con law, and Contracts?

gaud

Postby gaud » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Birdnals wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:If you got a barbi password for signing up for the 1l shit, there's a 6 hour lesson. You can watch the video but its just a prof standing at a podium

Gotchyeah, yeah I just ignored those emails. Worth it to sign up for next semester? Crim law, Con law, and Contracts?

Don't know about the Barbri but pick up Chirelstein for Contracts. It's great bro.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Tomorrow is my last day of class....

THEN 8 days till my first final. Im thinking 8 hours a day of a single subject, then swich up for the rest of the day... 2 day blocks at a time.

CCKKTTCC(CE)KK(KE)TT(TE)

CSWS CSWS CSWS CSWS CSWS CSWS CSWS

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Birdnals wrote:

Yup. I paid them $25 to have my bar course rate locked in for the next two years and got a big book of outlines and problems and Internet access

Birdnals

Postby Birdnals » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
Birdnals wrote:

Yup. I paid them $25 to have my bar course rate locked in for the next two years and got a big book of outlines and problems and Internet access

Gotchyeah. Yeah, we got the books from them/Kaplan during first week shit, have to look into that price lock-in/online materials. Didn't use the books, but some guys in my study group did and seemed to help them

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 pm

One down, three to go.

Civ Pro is next, Freer is my homie.

SportsFan

Postby SportsFan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Spending my night copying answers out of old civ pro exams into my outline. I guess this counts as learning... :lol:

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 pm

GF talking about breaking up with me, moved out last week, and now she is saying this is probably not going to work anymore.

One week before finals....goddamnit brothas.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:35 pm

swimmer11 wrote:GF talking about breaking up with me, moved out last week, and now she is saying this is probably not going to work anymore.

Sorry man. Fight through it. These tests > relationships.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:38 pm

swimmer11 wrote:GF talking about breaking up with me, moved out last week, and now she is saying this is probably not going to work anymore.

someone who's going to do that to you during finals is so not worth it. Power on, brother. Sorry you're dealing with that :(

Jsa725

Postby Jsa725 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:31 pm

yeah f her man. she knew u had finals. don't even think about it. there are much better women who even if they had feeling issues would hold it for the 2 weeks u need. doing well is ur best way of coping.

even if she is just having an act up and doesn't mean it and there's love - there's too much of a liabilityy. i wouldn't do it. i think ur individual destiny >>>>>> love. i think it's true for women as well. there's lots of ppl u can love. u got 1 destiny.

criminal law question - confused about solicitation -

for some reason i have in my notes u can be charged w solicitation and the completed offense yet dressler says otherwise? what's the law?

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks for the support everyone. I am just grinding hard right now, about to grab a drink and watch a movie to relax for the rest of the night.

I have been taught, and read in dressler, that solicitation is only a misdemeanor. However, once you make an agreement, moves past the inquiring part, then it becomes a conspiracy.

uvabro

Postby uvabro » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:46 pm

swimmer11 wrote:Thanks for the support everyone. I am just grinding hard right now, about to grab a drink and watch a movie to relax for the rest of the night.

I have been taught, and read in dressler, that solicitation is only a misdemeanor. However, once you make an agreement, moves past the inquiring part, then it becomes a conspiracy.

right but for example could charles manson be charged with both solicitation and murder or only 1?

don't think about it. women come and go. emotional unreliability is the worst thing ever. if a woman lies, cheats, steals, etc. these things are all terrible but they're just emotional stuff. a woman that would selfishly put some fleeing feeling before ur finals isn't a partner at all, and hardly a friend and a huge liability. she'd pull the same shit before a big meeting, court case, etc. even if she never did it again, the pure notion would throw her off limits in my book. if a long term partner can't wait till after finals for the other person then why would anyone believe she'd be a good mother or whatever expectations ud have for her down the road.

eaper

Postby eaper » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 am

gaud wrote:Slacking today bros.

We should go for working as chaingangs. At least we'd get to see some good football that way.

minnbills

Postby minnbills » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 am

eaper wrote:

We should go for working as chaingangs. At least we'd get to see some good football that way.

Or refs. Ed Hochuli is a big time attorney (not even kidding.)

LetsGoLAW

Postby LetsGoLAW » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:53 am

Checking in boys. Another long, brutal day. Loving it. Torts is by far my weakness, but I did some smaller two-page hypotheticals tonight and I nailed them! Feeling good about that.

Analysis is solid. Problem is, I'm a bit slow typing it out in torts. I'll dedicate one hour a night on top of my other studies to make sure torts is down. The three days before the test, I will nail out three practice tests and type out my outline five or six times. Should suffice.

Other than that, every other class is good! Keep chuggin', team.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:58 am

First exam done.

I'll share this story in here too. This kid in my class had food poisoning and made it through the whole exam. I felt SO bad for him the entire time. At first he was periodically sighing really loud and I was like wtfff bro we're just in the MC it's not that bad yet. Then I learned he had food poisoning and went to the Dean's office to ask if he could reschedule and they told him nope you either take it now or don't take it at all. He could have rescheduled if he had a doctor's note but who gets a doctors note for food poisoning and how the fuck could he do it when he had to be at school for an exam? He sat in front of me and typed a shit ton so I think he's good doe.

eaper

Postby eaper » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:05 am

minnbills wrote:
eaper wrote:

Or refs. Ed Hochuli is a big time attorney (not even kidding.)

Haha yeah. He's been my hero since I found that out a few months ago. Making bank while making bank on the weekends. Plus football.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”