OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri May 10, 2013 9:38 am

UnamSanctam wrote:Got wrecked by finals, but feel better than last semester, so who knows. Starting write on in a couple days.
wb bro, congrats on engagement

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Got wrecked by finals, but feel better than last semester, so who knows. Starting write on in a couple days.
wb bro, congrats on engagement
ty ty

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Fri May 10, 2013 12:04 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
hyakku wrote:
Pleasye wrote:I'm pretty sure I failed property today.
Do we go to the same school? Because I'm pretty sure I may have as well lmao. 6.5 pages, two issue spotters, one hour to do it with two other sections. Literally came out of the test lolling because the alternative was dying. That's done.
If I hadn't taken the hardest test ever on Monday, the test today would have made me ragequit. I was MAF when that "weakness" question came up. That case sucks.
Bro. That test.

Write on is going to be pleasant in comparison to that.

Blumpbeef

Gold

Post by Blumpbeef » Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 pm

so are you mich guys just hanging out for now?

I hate you.

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 pm

hyakku wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
hyakku wrote:
Pleasye wrote:I'm pretty sure I failed property today.
Do we go to the same school? Because I'm pretty sure I may have as well lmao. 6.5 pages, two issue spotters, one hour to do it with two other sections. Literally came out of the test lolling because the alternative was dying. That's done.
If I hadn't taken the hardest test ever on Monday, the test today would have made me ragequit. I was MAF when that "weakness" question came up. That case sucks.
Bro. That test.

Write on is going to be pleasant in comparison to that.
That feel. And those multiple packets. And to think I cut some of my teacher eval because I thought it was too mean and personal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Fri May 10, 2013 12:15 pm

The most, and only, credited exam advice is make sure you poop before the exam. I spent like 20% of my evidence exam pretending that someone snuck colonblow into my cocopuffs

hyakku

Silver

Post by hyakku » Fri May 10, 2013 12:17 pm

UnamSanctam wrote: That feel. And those multiple packets. And to think I cut some of my teacher eval because I thought it was too mean and personal.
LOL, I decimated that guy in that eval. Not that it matters, he's tenured for life. I just laughed when we got packet after packet after packet. The worst part for me though, is that I was convinced this guy was NOT going to stick to his word and keep the "exact format" he told us about, and one of my friends convinced me that it's going to be the same thing. Open the test, NOPE! Here's an extra issue spotter for you! The second wasn't even that bad, it was just the principle of him stressing that it would be exactly as he described.
so are you mich guys just hanging out for now?

I hate you.
I also hate me and this hangover I'm nursing.

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm

my write on starts today :(

UnamSanctam

Platinum

Post by UnamSanctam » Fri May 10, 2013 12:37 pm

polkij333 wrote:The most, and only, credited exam advice is make sure you poop before the exam. I spent like 20% of my evidence exam pretending that someone snuck colonblow into my cocopuffs
First semester I had to leave K's TWICE. This semester I planned better. Nerves getting to you never fails.
hyakku wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote: That feel. And those multiple packets. And to think I cut some of my teacher eval because I thought it was too mean and personal.
LOL, I decimated that guy in that eval. Not that it matters, he's tenured for life. I just laughed when we got packet after packet after packet. The worst part for me though, is that I was convinced this guy was NOT going to stick to his word and keep the "exact format" he told us about, and one of my friends convinced me that it's going to be the same thing. Open the test, NOPE! Here's an extra issue spotter for you! The second wasn't even that bad, it was just the principle of him stressing that it would be exactly as he described.
"I know that my past exams have all contained only one issue spotter that is 2-3 pages, so here's two issue spotters that total 6.5 pages! But together they only count as much as the one issue spotter did in past exams. Enjoy!"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Fri May 10, 2013 12:41 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
polkij333 wrote:The most, and only, credited exam advice is make sure you poop before the exam. I spent like 20% of my evidence exam pretending that someone snuck colonblow into my cocopuffs
First semester I had to leave K's TWICE. This semester I planned better. Nerves getting to you never fails.
hyakku wrote:
"I know that my past exams have all contained only one issue spotter that is 2-3 pages, so here's two issue spotters that total 6.5 pages! But together they only count as much as the one issue spotter did in past exams. Enjoy!"
you're done. I haven't started.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri May 10, 2013 1:13 pm

done son. 1L OUT.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Fri May 10, 2013 1:33 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Fri May 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Grats stillwater!!

Just finished my crim. wasn't as bad as i thought it would be... but for all i know i fucked shit up. Whatever, can't do anything about it now. I can cry about it when the grades come back

2 down , 2 to go

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HellOnHeels

Silver

Post by HellOnHeels » Fri May 10, 2013 3:38 pm

finished exams yesterday :arrow: 8) :D :D :D :D
downloaded petitioning packet today :arrow: :D :) :| :( :cry:

HBBJohnStamos

Bronze

Post by HBBJohnStamos » Fri May 10, 2013 3:49 pm

Unbelievably credited bro. I took no less than four dumps this morning and my colon was still fingertappin Van Halen's "eruption" during Ks.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viper12

New

Post by Viper12 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Civil Procedure tomorrow. May God and Freer be with me...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 am

All Done bros. Now onto my 1L SA position starting Monday, which I have to drive half way across country for. Yay for no summer break. Congrats to everyone thats done, good luck to those almost done!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat May 11, 2013 1:11 am

AssumptionRequired wrote:All Done bros. Now onto my 1L SA position starting Monday, which I have to drive half way across country for. Yay for no summer break. Congrats to everyone thats done, good luck to those almost done!
nice humblebrag bro

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Sat May 11, 2013 1:15 am

Serious question guys:

One of my best friends is having his wedding the end of August (Monday the 26th), but he lives on the west coast. How viable is it going to be to make it out there in light of OCI/CBs? I know I want to keep my schedule as open as possible so that I can schedule a CB (assuming I get one lol), at the soonest possible date.... I could fly out over the weekend and fly back Monday evening (though this would mean I'd be coming in the morning of Tuesday -- which means I could potentially be losing 2 days)

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Sat May 11, 2013 1:57 am

Well, if you plan to go, you will be in high demand at OCI and your callbacks will ruin your plans and you won't be able to refund your ticket and you'll be mad you ever thought it would work out. If you don't plan to go, OCI will be a bust and you will be upset that you planned to be available all for naught. Your move.

I have no idea.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat May 11, 2013 2:18 am

Bronck wrote:Serious question guys:

One of my best friends is having his wedding the end of August (Monday the 26th), but he lives on the west coast. How viable is it going to be to make it out there in light of OCI/CBs? I know I want to keep my schedule as open as possible so that I can schedule a CB (assuming I get one lol), at the soonest possible date.... I could fly out over the weekend and fly back Monday evening (though this would mean I'd be coming in the morning of Tuesday -- which means I could potentially be losing 2 days)
As long as you aren't missing any actual OCI days, I think this is fine. When I did mine way back when now, I basically had a full week of interviews, then 2 callbacks the next week, 3 the week after, 2 the week after that, 2 the week after that, and then 1 or 2 even later, and those were supposedly the earliest they could book me. I wasn't proactive about calling them up and seeing if I could move them up, but it worked out fine for me.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Sat May 11, 2013 2:23 am

5ky wrote:

As long as you aren't missing any actual OCI days, I think this is fine. When I did mine way back when now, I basically had a full week of interviews, then 2 callbacks the next week, 3 the week after, 2 the week after that, 2 the week after that, and then 1 or 2 even later, and those were supposedly the earliest they could book me. I wasn't proactive about calling them up and seeing if I could move them up, but it worked out fine for me.
Yeah 0 actual OCI days would be missed since those are early August. Obviously there's no way in hell I'd miss those.

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Sat May 11, 2013 2:40 am

Bronck wrote:
5ky wrote:

Yeah 0 actual OCI days would be missed since those are early August. Obviously there's no way in hell I'd miss those.
Think you're good then, I wouldn't even give it a second thought to be honest.

westphillybandr

Bronze

Post by westphillybandr » Sat May 11, 2013 2:44 am

Congratulations guys! Have a beer or 11. Enjoy the summer!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”