OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
gaud

Platinum

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by gaud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm

shoulder injuries are the worst.

Sup Tiago, welcome welcome

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:47 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maximized

New

Post by Maximized » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 pm

Welcome to the family...

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:56 pm

gaud wrote:shoulder injuries are the worst.

What kind of gym hours u putting in? I am down to an hour 4 days a week. Have a feeling I might have to limit it even more, dont know if my mind will let me though

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:

What kind of gym hours u putting in? I am down to an hour 4 days a week. Have a feeling I might have to limit it even more, dont know if my mind will let me though
Ah bro my shit is pathetic now. I'm down to 4 days.. about 2.5hours day 1/3 (shoulders, tris, chest, cardio, abs) and 1.5 days 1/4 (bis, back, cardio, legs)

before lawl school I was 5 days and different muscle grouping :? the good 'ol days

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:03 pm

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Alright, I've had a decent day. Did a few hours' worth of work yesterday, while TH/F were busts. Need to finish strong tonight. I think I needed the break though, so hopefully this upcoming week will be super productive.

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 pm

I am impressed that you guys are still able to workout. I have not found myself able to workout knowing finals are only a few weeks away :/

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 pm

swimmer11 wrote:I am impressed that you guys are still able to workout. I have not found myself able to workout knowing finals are only a few weeks away :/
It's getting hard to maintain a schedule, but I have to. Working out keeps me outta trouble; those idle hands.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:16 pm

School's gym has been closed the last four days. Gotta go tomorrow, then who knows...

Maximized

New

Post by Maximized » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:22 pm

gaud wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:

Ah bro my shit is pathetic now. I'm down to 4 days.. about 2.5hours day 1/3 (shoulders, tris, chest, cardio, abs) and 1.5 days 1/4 (bis, back, cardio, legs)

before lawl school I was 5 days and different muscle grouping :? the good 'ol days
Back and legs on the same day? Hardcore. I've tried a push/pull/legs split but I end up being in there unreasonably long.

2 on, 1 off at the moment. Back/chest/off/arms or shoulders/legs. Plus two of abs, calves, and forearms per workout. I dun goof'd when I started and overdid my arms, so I don't hit them too often. Averages about an hour and fifteen minutes, yuh.

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm

swimmer11 wrote:I am impressed that you guys are still able to workout. I have not found myself able to workout knowing finals are only a few weeks away :/
Man, I dont know how you dont. Cant be productive 16 hours a day anyways. Might as well have the gym be your not studying time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Outlining for contracts. Ours is an open book and (I believe) is an extended (5 instead of 3 hr) exam. So, it appears that the professor is really interested more in what we can do with the hypos given the benefit of less of a time crunch.

So, I'm also tabbing my books and coordinating my tabs with sections of my outline.

Of course, this is the only class which has yet to release exams...

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 pm

thelong wrote:Outlining for contracts. Ours is an open book and (I believe) is an extended (5 instead of 3 hr) exam. So, it appears that the professor is really interested more in what we can do with the hypos given the benefit of less of a time crunch.

So, I'm also tabbing my books and coordinating my tabs with sections of my outline.

Just a heads up -- you don't necessarily need exams from your professor to start practicing. Check other professors at your school who teach the same course. Also, try Berkeley's exam db --LinkRemoved-- (many have model answers); U Dayton http://www.udayton.edu/law/library/past ... artnership; Widener http://law.widener.edu/LawLibrary/Servi ... chive.aspx; and Harvard -- harder to use and no model answers, but worth a look -- --LinkRemoved--.

The net is that the more you practice, the better you will do. Your professor's exam(s) should be the last one(s) you use. Practice early on other exams to figure out how best to use your outline, organize your answer, and what is tested. Use your own prof's exam to fine tune things, zone in on the style of questions he (or she) asks, and to feel comfortable that you have done the work you needed to do to crush it.

FYI, I did probably 4-5 exams from "other profs" in addition to my own prof's one or two posted exams for all my 1L courses. I attribute my success to doing so many varied practice exams. [I am top 3% at a T1].

Good luck -- you're almost there:-)

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:56 pm

skw wrote:
thelong wrote:Outlining for contracts. Ours is an open book and (I believe) is an extended (5 instead of 3 hr) exam. So, it appears that the professor is really interested more in what we can do with the hypos given the benefit of less of a time crunch.

Just a heads up -- you don't necessarily need exams from your professor to start practicing. Check other professors at your school who teach the same course. Also, try Berkeley's exam db --LinkRemoved-- (many have model answers); U Dayton http://www.udayton.edu/law/library/past ... artnership; Widener http://law.widener.edu/LawLibrary/Servi ... chive.aspx; and Harvard -- harder to use and no model answers, but worth a look -- --LinkRemoved--.

The net is that the more you practice, the better you will do. Your professor's exam(s) should be the last one(s) you use. Practice early on other exams to figure out how best to use your outline, organize your answer, and what is tested. Use your own prof's exam to fine tune things, zone in on the style of questions he (or she) asks, and to feel comfortable that you have done the work you needed to do to crush it.

FYI, I did probably 4-5 exams from "other profs" in addition to my own prof's one or two posted exams for all my 1L courses. I attribute my success to doing so many varied practice exams. [I am top 3% at a T1].

Good luck -- you're almost there:-)
You're right. It's also my last exam (12/20) so while I'm sure we'll get old exams this week, there are old ones available to practice on out there, plus I have been working through hypos generally.

Monday I start general PT time. Feeling pretty good so far based on my hypos and going over the courses again in my notes, casebook and outline. I'm actually really looking forward to the next couple of weeks and then just destroying exams.

Thanks for the links, though. If she doesn't release old exams tomorrow, then I'm going to PT Torts Mon, CivPro Wed, and then go ahead and PT other Contracts Fri.

Speaking of which, are folks planning on PTing every day? How are you breaking up your PT schedule?

Unagi

Bronze

Post by Unagi » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Does anyone have a good UCC 2-207 material? Like battle of the forms for dummies or something similar?
I'm really struggling here... :cry:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thelong

Silver

Post by thelong » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Unagi wrote:Does anyone have a good UCC 2-207 material? Like battle of the forms for dummies or something similar?
I actually found the Contracts E&E pretty darn helpful on this issue.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Unagi wrote:Does anyone have a good UCC 2-207 material? Like battle of the forms for dummies or something similar?
Have you tried flowcharts? This one is pretty simple: http://www.miblaw.com/lawschool/wp-cont ... -Chart.jpg

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Pleasye wrote:
Have you tried flowcharts? This one is pretty simple: http://www.miblaw.com/lawschool/wp-cont ... -Chart.jpg
Thats a nice flowchart, thanks. A lot easier than me trying to turn 207 into a lot of words I can put in my outline lol.

Doorkeeper

Gold

Post by Doorkeeper » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:28 pm

I outlined for about 6 hours today and I only got through about 1/3 of my Contracts syllabus.

Ughhhhh.

I am so happy I only have to outline for 2.5 classes this semester (0.5 because one class only has like 15 cases to outline)

thewaterlanding

New

Post by thewaterlanding » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:46 pm

Just got to keep pushing. Civ Pro final in 10 days. It's all multiple choice, which to me is a blessing.

Outlines done. Just reading and practicing. Gotta push these next 3 weeks. Mind over matter.

This place is awesome for encouragement. Keep it up bros and gals.

Unagi

Bronze

Post by Unagi » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 am

Thank you all for the help!
I think the E&E made it less difficult for me. Thanks for the flowchart indication too.
And Jsa725, thank you for your explanation! I just sent you a PM.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”