OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Pleasye

Platinum

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Pleasye » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:51 pm

SportsFan wrote:I don't do it now that I have a macbook and mostly write in Pages (which auto-saves to iCloud), but whenever I'd write an sort of essay in Word, I would hit control+S after pretty much every sentence I wrote, as just sort of a natural reaction. I have no idea how I ever started doing that, but it was nice because I never had to worry about not having my work saved lol.
I think I started it after one of those times when I stayed up all night writing a paper and lost it at the last minute. That'll make you a ctrl/command S crazy.

jgc02a

New

Post by jgc02a » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Pleasye wrote:
SportsFan wrote:I don't do it now that I have a macbook and mostly write in Pages (which auto-saves to iCloud), but whenever I'd write an sort of essay in Word, I would hit control+S after pretty much every sentence I wrote, as just sort of a natural reaction. I have no idea how I ever started doing that, but it was nice because I never had to worry about not having my work saved lol.
I think I started it after one of those times when I stayed up all night writing a paper and lost it at the last minute. That'll make you a ctrl/command S crazy.

if that is you in the pic, then you're hot!

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:37 pm

Torts exam is in the rear view mirror. Not sure how to feel, but it is done. 3.5 hour exam and I was able to construct nearly 7200 words into logical (at least to me) fashion. Overall, I am glad it is behind me. Time for Property. . . CSWS.

The Greyest Goose

New

Post by The Greyest Goose » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 pm

What's the best way to organize a contracts hypo with multiple potential contracts?

Contract 1
Offer
Acceptance
Enforceability
Breach
Damages

Contract 2
Offer
Acceptance
Enforceability
Breach
Damages

The problem I have is if contract 1 is valid or invalid, it could affect if contract 2 is valid or invalid (i.e. contract 1 is valid, contract 2 is now prexisting duty. Contract 1 invalid, no preexisting duty). I'm trying to think of a way to organize myself so that i will recognize issues in contract 2 that could vary depending on the outcome of contract 1.

Should I otherwise do

Contract 1
Offer
Acceptance
Enforceability
Breach
Damages

Contract 2 (if contract 1 is valid)
Offer
Acceptance
Enforceability
Breach
Damages

Contract 2 (if contract 1 is invalid)
Offer
Acceptance
Enforceability
Breach
Damages

This seems more organized but it also seems like I would end up doing a bunch of redundant material (ie enforceability is the same whether K1 is valid or invalid) and wasting time.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:08 pm

Civ Pro down, three to go.

It sucks. I started out feeling pretty good during the multiple choice. Then I absolutely crushed the short-answer/mini-essay portion. I was ready to crush the big essay but didn't have enough time to get everything down. About half-way through, it just turned into a jumbled mess of me throwing out cases, rules, and tests I knew needed to be applied. Knew my shit, but didn't manage time well enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:33 pm

Since I'd only studied contracts for a few days before my exam yesterday, I was definitely pretty worried today when I started studying for torts that I would just forget everything. Definitely surprised with how much I remember, though I still needed to look at my outline 3 or 4 times during the practice test I just finished (my finals closed book, so starting tomorrow I'm not even gonna look at my outline during practice exams).

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:37 pm

Just finished Civ Pro....

It went not so great. Maybe ok. Only one person seemed to feel good about it. There was a HUGE time crunch and it was much more difficult than the PE.

Things got pretty jumbled and I paid short shrift to an issue and screwed up another one. But on the whole I did a good job of answering the question, citing the rule and reciting the elements, and analyzing from both sides. So I don't think I did terribly.

shredderrrrrr

Gold

Post by shredderrrrrr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm

jgc02a wrote:
Pleasye wrote:

if that is you in the pic, then you're hot!
awkward...

apollo2015

Bronze

Post by apollo2015 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:47 pm

I just finished my last final exam of the year, accidentally almost hit on one of my professors for next semester at the school's post-test luncheon, and then hung out at a cocktail lounge. Now I am feeling very CSWS about Christmas Vacation.

Here's my prediction as to how I will relatively do in my classes.

1. LWR (I totally dominated the first paper)
2. Contracts (I seem to be the only person in the class who doesn't think they failed Ks. Maybe I totally missed more issues then they did, but I hella spotted lots of issues and stuffs.)
3. Civil Procedure (Everyone seemed happy after this test. I went on a two page monologue on a stealth issue during the final that will either net me an A+ or a much lower grade if it turns out I was tilting at windmills.)
4. Torts (Everyone thinks that they did well in Torts, and the professor was telling everyone what they needed to do to succeed. Thus, I probably faced the most competition here.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:48 pm

Went into the exam feeling pretty good...now, not so good.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:50 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:Went into the exam feeling pretty good...now, not so good.
Don't stress on it. It's over. Chances are that everyone else feels the same way!

--------------------------------

for next semester i have crim pro, property, con law, and admin.

anyone have good recommendations for supps? very much appreciated

gobuffs10

Bronze

Post by gobuffs10 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:52 pm

First final today. This was supposed to be my easy one. I can confirm for everyone now that my approach to finals does not work, and those of you killing yourselves studying are probably doing it right.

This test absolutely fucked me up. It felt like I'd never seen a single bit of criminal law before. Three problems, word limits of 1200, 1500, and 1000. I think I did 1100, 800, and 400. I have never felt this awful after an exam before, not even after the first time I sat for the LSAT. Everyone else said it was fine, and they felt good about it. I refused to share anything at all.

I legitimately may have failed this exam. CS...WS? S.

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:26 pm

My torts professor provided 2 sample answers for one old exam. One answer was ~4200 words, the other answer was ~8000 words (I wrote ~5500 words when I was taking the practice exam today, not that it matters haha). Of course, I always expected the amount written to matter the least on this exam, since this professor is the only one that actually cares about spelling and grammar...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:28 pm

SportsFan wrote:My torts professor provided 2 sample answers for one old exam. One answer was ~4200 words, the other answer was ~8000 words (I wrote ~5500 words when I was taking the practice exam today, not that it matters haha). Of course, I always expected the amount written to matter the least on this exam, since this professor is the only one that actually cares about spelling and grammar...
That is just brutal!

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:35 pm

I DID IT! I feel great after my exam!

Maximized

New

Post by Maximized » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:37 pm

1 down, 3 to go!!!

Just finished my first exam. 9-hour online exam we could do at home. Supposed to only take four hours but extra time if you want to polish... I went 8-5 on that b****. Word limits of 1000, 1000, and 2000 were too low and had to spend an hour cutting even after editing. Leg.Reg., so I would've liked to have gotten into more of the canons and methods of agency implementation (statutory, scientific, economic, political), but they didn't seem terrible applicable. Otherwise, my issue-spotting was good, analysis of Chevron, State Farm, and APA Sec. 706 were spot-on, and my policy arguments were pretty strong. Good riddance to that class, now on to da next one.

CSWS f**kers, we're almost done with achieving our glory. In the words of Andrew Biersack, we have traded our hearts, but we will rise back up. Don't let the price law school has exacted on our mental health, physical well-being, relationships, bank accounts, and will to live be in vain. The credited response is to come out swinging.

"Go forth and set the world on fire." -St. Ignatius Loyola

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:40 pm

okay I am feeling worse and worse about my exam.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Maximized

New

Post by Maximized » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:44 pm

minnbills wrote:okay I am feeling worse and worse about my exam.
Screw that!!! On to da next one son

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Lol I felt pretty good for a few hours after my exam yesterday, then felt bad for a few hours, and have been pretty neutral ever since. Seems like maybe you're going through the same cycle I did. Don't worry too much about it!

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:47 pm

Maximized wrote:
Screw that!!! On to da next one son
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkU9oVGr1KE

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gobuffs10

Bronze

Post by gobuffs10 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Maximized wrote:1 down, 3 to go!!!

Just finished my first exam. 9-hour online exam we could do at home. Supposed to only take four hours but extra time if you want to polish... I went 8-5 on that b****. Word limits of 1000, 1000, and 2000 were too low and had to spend an hour cutting even after editing. Leg.Reg., so I would've liked to have gotten into more of the canons and methods of agency implementation (statutory, scientific, economic, political), but they didn't seem terrible applicable. Otherwise, my issue-spotting was good, analysis of Chevron, State Farm, and APA Sec. 706 were spot-on, and my policy arguments were pretty strong. Good riddance to that class, now on to da next one.

CSWS f**kers, we're almost done with achieving our glory. In the words of Andrew Biersack, we have traded our hearts, but we will rise back up. Don't let the price law school has exacted on our mental health, physical well-being, relationships, bank accounts, and will to live be in vain. The credited response is to come out swinging.

"Go forth and set the world on fire." -St. Ignatius Loyola
Far too late.

buckythebadger

Bronze

Post by buckythebadger » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:51 pm

gobuffs10 wrote:First final today. This was supposed to be my easy one. I can confirm for everyone now that my approach to finals does not work, and those of you killing yourselves studying are probably doing it right.

This test absolutely fucked me up. It felt like I'd never seen a single bit of criminal law before. Three problems, word limits of 1200, 1500, and 1000. I think I did 1100, 800, and 400. I have never felt this awful after an exam before, not even after the first time I sat for the LSAT. Everyone else said it was fine, and they felt good about it. I refused to share anything at all.

I legitimately may have failed this exam. CS...WS? S.
You'll be fine dude. Its all water under the bridge now. Just blow the next 3 exams out of the water

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Property tomorrow. My last final. This one is HUGE. Half essay half multiple choice. LEGGO

Gorki

Silver

Post by Gorki » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:03 pm

2L here but this is the credited response to any exam. Once grades are released you will either be relieved or at the very least know your limits and how you did. The people in my section that claimed to rock out their exams fell into two groups: 5% that actually rocked exam, 95% that did median or lower.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”