OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Nova

Platinum

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by Nova » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 am

swimmer11 wrote:GF talking about breaking up with me, moved out last week, and now she is saying this is probably not going to work anymore.

One week before finals....goddamnit brothas.
Damn, Swim. We got your back mang.

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 am

Swim, sorry bro. Keep the CSWS banner flyin' high.

YES! YES! YES! I HAD MY TORTS BREAKTHROUGH! CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP. LET'S MOTHER FUCKING GO!

My legal analysis skyrocketed tonight. My analysis was on Par or even more detailed than Siegel's. I typed 2000 words in an hour.

OH OH OH. OH OH OH. FINALS ARE A WEEK AWAY. FUCKED? OH HELL MOTHER FUCKING NO. I GOT THIS SHIT. LOCKED AND MOTHER FUCKING LOADED. EVERYONE'S SEARCHING. WHAT'S THE ANSWER? OH FUCK, WHERE DO I TURN? WORK HARD, PUT IN THE MOTHER FUCKING TIME, AND YOU WILL GET THAT BIG BREAK. 15-16 HOUR DAYS. I'LL DO THIS SHIT.

I AIN'T SAYING I'M GOING TO GET STRAIGHT A'S. WHAT I AM SAYING IS I'M NOT MOTHER FUCKING GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT. WITH MY HELD HEAD HIGH. HIT 'EM UP, BROS!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:19 am

minnbills wrote:
eaper wrote:
gaud wrote:Slacking today bros.

I should drop out and become a rodeo clown
We should go for working as chaingangs. At least we'd get to see some good football that way.
Or refs. Ed Hochuli is a big time attorney (not even kidding.)
Yea bro, he's here in AZ. Who would have thought?

--------------

Swim, forget about her and stay focused! Once you hit dat BigLawl you'll be struggling to keep the women away!

Raiden

Bronze

Post by Raiden » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 am

Yeah Swim, don't let this get you. It's a challenge that you will be able to overcome.

goaheadualright

New

Post by goaheadualright » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 am

swimmer11 wrote:GF talking about breaking up with me, moved out last week, and now she is saying this is probably not going to work anymore.

One week before finals....goddamnit brothas.
not sure if this is even someone you want to pursue (for real relationship-y things like emotional support, etc) based on the way that this was handled....
Last edited by goaheadualright on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

splittermcsplit88

Bronze

Post by splittermcsplit88 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:50 am

Anybody want to try a negligence hypo? It's only for duty and breach.

gobuffs10

Bronze

Post by gobuffs10 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:31 pm

You all are intense. I'm chillin. Good luck guys. Wish I had your work ethic.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:38 pm

gobuffs10 wrote:You all are intense. I'm chillin. Good luck guys. Wish I had your work ethic.
lol this. I think I'm gonna regret it. Fuark.

Benjamin1987

Bronze

Post by Benjamin1987 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fhOVQ9wEA

GET PISSED OFF FOR GREATNESS! IF YOU AINT PISSED OFF FOR GREATNESS THAT MEANS YOU'RE OKAY WITH BEING MEDIOCRE. NO MAN IN THIS FORUM IS OKAY WITH BEING JUST BASIC!

Overcame the hang-over from round one. Going Ray Lewis on this Tort Exam Friday!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OfferSecured

New

Post by OfferSecured » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Remember guys, all of the money $xxx,xxx, all of the jobs, all of the sex appeal, comes down to 1L year. DONT BLOW IT.

OfferSecured

New

Post by OfferSecured » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:55 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:Swim, sorry bro. Keep the CSWS banner flyin' high.

YES! YES! YES! I HAD MY TORTS BREAKTHROUGH! CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP. LET'S MOTHER FUCKING GO!

My legal analysis skyrocketed tonight. My analysis was on Par or even more detailed than Siegel's. I typed 2000 words in an hour.

OH OH OH. OH OH OH. FINALS ARE A WEEK AWAY. FUCKED? OH HELL MOTHER FUCKING NO. I GOT THIS SHIT. LOCKED AND MOTHER FUCKING LOADED. EVERYONE'S SEARCHING. WHAT'S THE ANSWER? OH FUCK, WHERE DO I TURN? WORK HARD, PUT IN THE MOTHER FUCKING TIME, AND YOU WILL GET THAT BIG BREAK. 15-16 HOUR DAYS. I'LL DO THIS SHIT.

I AIN'T SAYING I'M GOING TO GET STRAIGHT A'S. WHAT I AM SAYING IS I'M NOT MOTHER FUCKING GOING DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT. WITH MY HELD HEAD HIGH. HIT 'EM UP, BROS!

Are you on drugs? Have you ever been laid? Probably not. But the Vegas line has you getting top 15% at even odds. Keep it up you neurotic nerdster.

splittermcsplit88

Bronze

Post by splittermcsplit88 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Hey guys, I'm curious, how long are good responses for negligence hypos (only duty and breach) supposed to be? I wrote around 3 pages double spaced for battery, but it seems like it's shorter for duty and breach when I look at model answers.

Raiden

Bronze

Post by Raiden » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 pm

OfferSecured wrote:

Are you on drugs? Have you ever been laid? Probably not. But the Vegas line has you getting top 15% at even odds. Keep it up you neurotic nerdster.
Given the page count, it is about time this thread got a troll.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:36 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
Pleasye wrote:doe
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P0yfq2wDvU
Hahahaha

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:10 pm

I am not excited for my contracts exam next week. Not one bit.

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm

gaud wrote:I am not excited for my contracts exam next week. Not one bit.
I'm the opposite with contracts (my first final). We don't need to know any specific BLL or any cases. Professor basically said today that more analysis will get us more points than deep analysis (obviously the issues need to be analyzed but I don't think he wants us to ramble on and on about any issue in particular; rather he wants us to hit as many issues as possible). Really my only concern is that I'm not an extremely fast typer, so I may fall behind a few people, but otherwise I feel really good about my issue spotting abilities, so hopefully it'll go well...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 pm

does any1 have any torts or contracts exams with model answers. there's a big difference between e&e, and doing the whole course in 1 fact pattern. our profs don't give us model answers.

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:04 pm

How does this look in response to a really basic Personal Jurisdiction brief hypo??

"F buys a car from Little Rock Cars-R-Us, telling the salesman, S, that he needs the car to get back home to Florida. S sells him a very used car. After crossing the border into Florida, F adjusts his seat back and the engine ejects into Wakullah Springs. F sues Little Rock Cars-R-Us in Florida. Does the court have personal jurisdiction over Little Rock Cars-R Us?"

The first step in a personal jurisdiction analysis is to determine whether or not there is a proper state long-arm statute that allows the defendant to be subject to jurisdiction. If there is a proper long arm statute, then the statutory inquiry is met and we move onto the Due Process test and if not, then there is no personal jurisdiction.

Assuming a proper long arm statute exists, the next step is to look at the Constitutional Due Process test. There is no indication of the traditional basis in Pennoyer being met, so we then turn to the minimum contacts test set forth in International Shoe. In determining if there was a contact, we must determine whether or not Little Rock Cars R Us purposefully availed themselves of the forum state (FL) and whether or not a lawsuit being brought in the Florida was foreseeable. Here, there is no indication that Little Rock Cars R Us deliberately reached out to and targeted Florida residents to buy cars from them through methods such as advertising. With respect to foreseeability, Little Rock Cars R Us likely reasonably foresaw itself being brought in a lawsuit in the state of Florida. This is because F explicitly told the salesman that he needed to get back to his home in Florida and that the specific use of the car was to bring it back home to Florida.

Because Little Rock Cars R Us did not purposefully avail themselves of the forum state, it likely did not establish minimum contacts and therefore Florida does not have personal jurisdiction over them

Since this is a pretty obvious hypo, I don't continue onto type of jurisdiction (general or specific) and Fairness, correct? but if it were grey whether or not it counted as purposeful availment, I'd move onto those final 2 steps?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Mine is on Friday :cry:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Pleasye wrote:
Mine is on Friday :cry:
Do you feel prepared?

noleknight16

Silver

Post by noleknight16 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:19 pm

splittermcsplit88 wrote:Anybody want to try a negligence hypo? It's only for duty and breach.
I can read your answer over for you if you want. PM me or post it on this thread.

Benjamin1987

Bronze

Post by Benjamin1987 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 pm

uvabro wrote:does any1 have any torts or contracts exams with model answers. there's a big difference between e&e, and doing the whole course in 1 fact pattern. our profs don't give us model answers.
I've got you man. Send me PM w/ your email and I'll send you some...

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 pm

OfferSecured wrote:

Thanks, bro. Keep it strong.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”