OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JAJAcinco

New

Re: OFFICIAL 1L Exam Prep & Motivation Thread (CSWS)

Post by JAJAcinco » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Running on 3 hours of sleep, just got home, but best believe im outlining the night away

This misery is BLISS

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:28 pm

I've been slacking

Done less when I wanted to increase intensity.

Started to waste today

Realized, fuck this.. I need to get on this

First final is not until December 11.

My pledge to go hard bros

CSWS. We get down baby

thewaterlanding

New

Post by thewaterlanding » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 pm

This final memo will be done by Thursday. I've finished outlining to this point and am re-diving into the supplements.

Loving all the motivation and support from this group!

Let's do work on these finals.

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:57 am

1 AM. Clocking out. I want it, I want it.

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 am

Fuck dis statutory research assignment. It is 2:41 and I still CSWS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 am

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCFindley

Silver

Post by JCFindley » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:58 am

tag

bigeast03

Bronze

Post by bigeast03 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am

Alright comrades, let's wake up to some Ray Lewis motivation to finish up those outlines and memos. Time to get pissed off for greatness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fhOVQ9 ... r_embedded

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 am

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 am

I get my open memo back today, and I do not feel good about it. I turned in my stat research assignment and I REALLY do not feel good about it. FML brothas.

EDIT: It is NOT P/F, and it is curved. I had an A going into both of these, now...... :(

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Going through hypo after hypo. Can someone tell me how my legal writing is developing?

"The “mirror image” rule states that if the offer does not match the acceptance, there is no contract. The purchase orders contain two different clauses pertaining to who is responsible for paying attorney’s fees. The offer did not match the acceptance. Under the common law, the “mirror image” rule would apply and there would be no contract. However, modern courts utilize UCC 2-207 to resolve a “battle of the forms.”

Under UCC 2-207(1) an expression of acceptance with different terms operates as an acceptance. However, UCC 2-207(1) says if the expression of acceptance is made conditional on new terms, the expression of acceptance is treated as a counter-offer. Nuts To You’s expression of acceptance did not include a conditional phrase. Therefore, it can be considered an acceptance.

Under UCC 2-207(1), different terms are “knocked out” and replaced by reasonable UCC gap-fillers. The clauses pertaining to who is responsible for paying attorney’s fees are different. As a result, the different clauses would be “knocked out” and replaced by reasonable UCC gap-fillers. Therefore, a contract exists based upon the outstanding agreed-upon terms and the UCC gap-fillers."

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:Going through hypo after hypo. Can someone tell me how my legal writing is developing?

"The “mirror image” rule states that if the offer does not match the acceptance, there is no contract. The purchase orders contain two different clauses pertaining to who is responsible for paying attorney’s fees. The offer did not match the acceptance. Under the common law, the “mirror image” rule would apply and there would be no contract. However, modern courts utilize UCC 2-207 to resolve a “battle of the forms.”

Under UCC 2-207(1) an expression of acceptance with different terms operates as an acceptance. However, UCC 2-207(1) says if the expression of acceptance is made conditional on new terms, the expression of acceptance is treated as a counter-offer. Since Nuts To You’s expression of acceptance did not include a conditional phrase. Therefore, it can be considered an acceptance.

Under UCC 2-207(1), different terms are “knocked out” and replaced by reasonable UCC gap-fillers. The clauses pertaining to who is responsible for paying attorney’s fees are different. As a result, the different clauses would be “knocked out” and replaced by reasonable UCC gap-fillers. Therefore, a contract exists based upon the outstanding agreed-upon terms and the UCC gap-fillers."
How strict is your professor about exact language?

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LetsGoLAW

Bronze

Post by LetsGoLAW » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 pm

swimmer11 wrote:
LetsGoLAW wrote:Going through hypo after hypo. Can someone tell me how my legal writing is developing?

Under UCC 2-207(1) an expression of acceptance with different terms operates as an acceptance. However, UCC 2-207(1) says if the expression of acceptance is made conditional on new terms, the expression of acceptance is treated as a counter-offer. Since Nuts To You’s expression of acceptance did not include a conditional phrase. Therefore, it can be considered an acceptance.

Not strict.

Maximized

New

Post by Maximized » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Sleep is for the weak. So close to being done with the readings and LRW I can taste it.

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm

LetsGoLAW wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:

Not strict.
Modern Courts still use the common law, and I do not think that it applies to anything other than the sale of goods. I think that UCC 2-207(1) applies to the formation of a contract, and then 2-207(2) applies to what the terms of the actual contract are, and I am pretty sure that is where the Knock out rule is. My professor says that courts actually use "Knock Out rule."

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm

Only 200 pages left for the semster. Cant wait to be done so I can finish up my OLs and start to PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT

CSWS

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Set a goal for myself to outline the Erie Doctrine and all the state law vs. federal law stuff for civ pro tonight... Lets hope I can get this done.

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 pm

SportsFan wrote:Set a goal for myself to outline the Erie Doctrine and all the state law vs. federal law stuff for civ pro tonight... Lets hope I can get this done.
You got this!

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Trying to get through outlining Jurisdiction and Joinder for CP today. Help me god

swimmer11

Bronze

Post by swimmer11 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Had an A in legal writing, received the first draft of my open memo, probably in the B+ range in this curved, 3 credit, LW class.

Oh, and to top off my amazing day, my girlfriend decided to move out. So, for those of you who remember the previous question I posted about moving back to my parents house for finals, the dilemma has been solved.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm

swimmer11 wrote:Had an A in legal writing, received the first draft of my open memo, probably in the B+ range in this curved, 3 credit, LW class.

Oh, and to top off my amazing day, my girlfriend decided to move out. So, for those of you who remember the previous question I posted about moving back to my parents house for finals, the dilemma has been solved.
Sorry dude. Curved LW classes suck.

And probably better for the long term that she left.

SportsFan

Silver

Post by SportsFan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:13 pm

minnbills wrote:Trying to get through outlining Jurisdiction and Joinder for CP today. Help me god
Like... ALL jurisdiction? :shock: I'm splitting it up into 3 parts and gonna try to get it all done by Friday (or Saturday, if I get caught up with other stuff). Good luck though.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:16 pm

SportsFan wrote:
minnbills wrote:Trying to get through outlining Jurisdiction and Joinder for CP today. Help me god
Like... ALL jurisdiction? :shock: I'm splitting it up into 3 parts and gonna try to get it all done by Friday (or Saturday, if I get caught up with other stuff). Good luck though.
Civ Pro at UMN is split into two courses, the first one hardly deals with jurisdiction. We basically just cover the basics of Personal and Subject Matter, along with diversity, federal question, minimum contacts, and a couple of other things.

Civ Pro II is devoted almost completely to Jurisdiction, though.

ThreeRivers

Silver

Post by ThreeRivers » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:44 pm

minnbills wrote:
SportsFan wrote:
Civ Pro at UMN is split into two courses, the first one hardly deals with jurisdiction. We basically just cover the basics of Personal and Subject Matter, along with diversity, federal question, minimum contacts, and a couple of other things.

Civ Pro II is devoted almost completely to Jurisdiction, though.
My prof hasn't even MENTIONED jurisdiction once... outside of "This case has a jurisdiction matter, but that won't be addressed until civpro II. For our purposes...."

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”