Taking 2 bars, do I need to buy another bar review course? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jdubb990

Bronze

Taking 2 bars, do I need to buy another bar review course?

Post by jdubb990 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:17 pm

I am scheduled to take the GA bar in February and I am signed up with Kaplan for bar review. I want to take the SC bar in July. SC does not allow transfer of MBE scores. Do I really need to purchase an entirely separate bar review course for SC? Would re-using my Kaplan MBE materials, and purchasing used SC prep materials be sufficient? Any advice or information would be appreciated.

YankeesFan

Silver

Re: Taking 2 bars, do I need to buy another bar review course?

Post by YankeesFan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Have fun with SC's practical skills requirement. Everyone who has had to complete it that I have talked to says its a bitch and takes up like a month of their life.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Re: Taking 2 bars, do I need to buy another bar review course?

Post by I.P. Daly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 am

I know people who have recycled the Kaplan MBE materials for multiple exams. They passed both exams. I've also spoken to people that strongly recommended studying from both Kaplan and BarBri MBE materials (purchase one set used on Amazon). They thought there was a stylistic difference between the Kaplan and BarBri MBE questions, which helped on the actual MBE.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”