2LOL

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
northwood

2LOL

Postby northwood » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:18 am

so- ive been witnessing the 1Ls freak out allready, and just was wondering- hw are all the 2hells and3lolols doing? maybe i should pay attention more in class- but i just can t focus. so instead of taking notes- ill start this thread. feel free to post whatever it is you want, as long as it is safe for work.

floggered

Re: 2LOL

Postby floggered » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 am

Gorki

Postby Gorki » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:54 am

First month was not really 'LOL' but more not focusing hard on classes and mass mailing like a madman whilst worrying I was epically doomed. Starting to catch up on reading in one class and outlining for another, b/c they have midterms. It seems like the material is getting gradually more complex in my tax class so I am making it a point to make sure I get the reading. I am writing damn LR note and starting as a law clerk for a place this week, so I have the next few days to get shit in line for a less cushy rest of the semester.

EDIT: I told myself last week I would go to a class I have had to miss 1/2 of twice b/c of meetings I had to attend... This week I have to go 4 hrs away from town for something... oops.
Last edited by Gorki on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 am

Weeks behind in reading and I have no real excuse. I've been tearing through a bunch of TV shows and movies on Netflix, though. And lots of drinking.

This year is awesome.

LazinessPerSe

Postby LazinessPerSe » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Amen, Shock, Amen.

I'm so behind in readings. And I couldn't care less.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

2L classmate of mine said he has pulled a couple all nighters already this semester

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:26 am

dreakol wrote:2L classmate of mine said he has pulled a couple all nighters already this semester

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Bar review is serious business and is the most intoxicating and potentially confusing class of them all...

That was prolly not the reason tho

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:34 pm

Hmm...I've been pretty busy. The first month or so I did a lot of OCI interviewing and got everything in order for this summer. Now that that's over, I've added supplementing and practice problems on top of my normal reading. There have been edits and I'm compiling outlines. Eventually the note will come, I feel like I should be more stressed, but I'm not. 1L was terrifying. 2L is more work, but less terrifying because I know that this is what it's supposed to feel like. Eventually I'll write my note too. I hope. haha.

LazinessPerSe

Postby LazinessPerSe » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:00 pm

alicrimson wrote:Hmm...I've been pretty busy. The first month or so I did a lot of OCI interviewing and got everything in order for this summer. Now that that's over, I've added supplementing and practice problems on top of my normal reading. There have been edits and I'm compiling outlines. Eventually the note will come, I feel like I should be more stressed, but I'm not. 1L was terrifying. 2L is more work, but less terrifying because I know that this is what it's supposed to feel like. Eventually I'll write my note too. I hope. haha.

Could you gun any harder. Any. Harder.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Skipped all my classes this week, behind on my note research, only leave the house for drinking engagements.

Postby 071816 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

alicrimson wrote:Hmm...I've been pretty busy. The first month or so I did a lot of OCI interviewing and got everything in order for this summer. Now that that's over, I've added supplementing and practice problems on top of my normal reading. There have been edits and I'm compiling outlines. Eventually the note will come, I feel like I should be more stressed, but I'm not. 1L was terrifying. 2L is more work, but less terrifying because I know that this is what it's supposed to feel like. Eventually I'll write my note too. I hope. haha.

fuck you

shock259

Postby shock259 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:18 pm

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:45 pm

chimp wrote:

fuck you

as i read through this thread this is exactly what I thought also

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
chimp wrote:

fuck you

+1

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:08 pm

shock259 wrote:Weeks behind in reading and I have no real excuse. I've been tearing through a bunch of TV shows and movies on Netflix, though. And lots of drinking.

This year is awesome.

This describes my semester.

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 pm

someone at bar review last night was talking about a class I'm in, and one of my friends says "oh yea, he's in that class with us", and the girl looks at me really confused because she's never seen me there.

2LOL

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm

thesteelers wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:
chimp wrote:

fuck you

+1

Meh. I'm not naturally too bright. I have to do lots of stuff or I would likely do extremely poor grade-wise. To each their own.

Gorki

Postby Gorki » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Legal Ethics (MPRE class) midterm coming up. No idea what the fuck is going on b/c profs just read off slides. Been busy with new job, journal shit, etc. I looked at the syllabus and plan to read through the rules soon, but does anyone have suggestions on supplements or where to get PTs??? Thanks!!

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Dunno I dropped all courses that weren't take home no curve finals.... Need to take that class next semester tho....

yinz

Postby yinz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Gorki wrote:Legal Ethics (MPRE class) midterm coming up. No idea what the fuck is going on b/c profs just read off slides. Been busy with new job, journal shit, etc. I looked at the syllabus and plan to read through the rules soon, but does anyone have suggestions on supplements or where to get PTs??? Thanks!!

http://www.americanbar.org/groups/profe ... tents.html

http://www.kaptest.com/Bar-Exam/Free-Pr ... ourse.html

http://www.barbri.com/courseInfo/mpreReviewCourse.html

http://www.amazon.com/Multistate-Profes ... 562&sr=1-1

kingofdara

Postby kingofdara » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:55 am

Thank you for creating this because it sums up exactly how I feel. I don't feel like I have the same incentives this year now that I have a job for the summer and now it's just so. effing. hard to get out of bed. Going to school is a pain and it sucks because I feel like I have so much more stuff I need to get done. My note is off somewhere in oblivion.

Anyone else feeling the guilt of slacking off? I can't seem to just let loose.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:06 am

nope.... and imnot even on a journal... saw the work load and the time requirements, and decided it just wasnt worth it. maybe when the weather turns and it gets colder i might have more incentive to do work, but right now- i have none

kingofdara

Postby kingofdara » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm at a T2 so I probably wouldn't have gotten my job without law review & being a total gunner last year.

Case in point, I just woke up for my 2pm corporations class. Didn't do the reading, so I'm considering staying home, but I'm not on call.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:55 pm

kingofdara wrote:I'm at a T2 so I probably wouldn't have gotten my job without law review & being a total gunner last year.

Case in point, I just woke up for my 2pm corporations class. Didn't do the reading, so I'm considering staying home, but I'm not on call.

this thread is not the proper place for gunners.... and gunnerish tendencies ( although, if i actually cared about grades anymore, I may sing a diffferent tune- but im too lazy to change or start to care)

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 pm

scored a few outlines for the two classes that have a final. thinking i'll look at them come thanksgiving.

i feel like the fact that i struck out at oci has made me care even less about school

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”