iPad for class?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Wsp0001

iPad for class?

Postby Wsp0001 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:05 am

Long story short here guys and girls…I need a new laptop and am considering an iPad instead. I want to use it in class to type notes as well as my briefs so I can stay a bit more organized and actually be able to read my notes(I can make a doctor's handwriting look beautiful). So I would obviously be gettin to keyboard to type with and was just wondering if anyone in here uses an iPad for the reasons I I've described and how it is working out? Or should I just get a MacBook pro like everone else in my class? Thanks for any input and good luck my people

dextermorgan

Re: iPad for class?

Postby dextermorgan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:18 am

There are a couple of people in my class that use iPads extensively. Interestingly enough, they don't use external keyboards with the iPads. They also have laptops though.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:47 am

You'll probably need to take your final exam on a traditional laptop. I don't know if the examsoft software works with the ipad, but even if it does, I know people with netbooks who said the exam didn't work with the dimensions of their computer.

Gorki

Postby Gorki » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:47 am

Wsp0001 wrote:Long story short here guys and girls…I need a new laptop and am considering an iPad instead. I want to use it in class to type notes as well as my briefs so I can stay a bit more organized and actually be able to read my notes(I can make a doctor's handwriting look beautiful). So I would obviously be gettin to keyboard to type with and was just wondering if anyone in here uses an iPad for the reasons I I've described and how it is working out? Or should I just get a MacBook pro like everone else in my class? Thanks for any input and good luck my people

iPad = Interactive Fruit Ninja during Gunner stream-of-consciousness

MacBook = Doing what everyone else is doing during Gunner stream-of-consciousness

Weigh these two options.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”