How to catch up? How to master efficiency?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
uvabro

Re: How to catch up? How to master efficiency?

Postby uvabro » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

sangr wrote:how important are the notes and smaller cases in the case books?

if your prof doesnt mention it in lecture is it usually safe to not scrutinize?

cuz those suck up a lot of time

i'd say so unless it influences the black letter law (i.e. came after, and overruled it) or if there's a fact difference - say medical negligence and one deals with a doctor going against what other doctors do vs a doctor going against what a medical textbook says.

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am

sangr wrote:how important are the notes and smaller cases in the case books?

if your prof doesnt mention it in lecture is it usually safe to not scrutinize?

cuz those suck up a lot of time

It really depends. You have to make a judgment call. If one seems important and the professor doesn't mention it, I would write it down. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry. But this was my T30 school.

idk

Postby idk » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
idk wrote:
AVBucks4239 wrote:If it were me, I'd work all day Friday and all weekend each of the next two weekends so I could get caught up before the grind hits (assignments start getting longer, legal writing papers become due).

Slept 25 hours this past weekend because my body needed it. Legal writing paper due this upcoming Wed. and hundreds of pages of reading due for tomorrow. Law school+mono=disaster.

You go to H?

Yes. It seems that the other 1ls (at least the ones I know, in my section) have managed to do all their reading thus far. It isn't *that* much reading, I'm just woefully behind...

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:26 am

idk wrote: Yes. It seems that the other 1ls (at least the ones I know, in my section) have managed to do all their reading thus far. It isn't *that* much reading, I'm just woefully behind...

Well you should be able to catch up between skipping the 1l cup and not having LRW next week.

idk

Postby idk » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:27 am

Blessedassurance wrote:
idk wrote: Yes. It seems that the other 1ls (at least the ones I know, in my section) have managed to do all their reading thus far. It isn't *that* much reading, I'm just woefully behind...

Well you should be able to catch up between skipping the 1l cup and not having LRW next week.

Just have to resist the strong temptation to join the Negotiators (4 hrs of training Saturday) and other clubs and journals. Priorities...

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 pm

idk wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:

Just have to resist the strong temptation to join the Negotiators (4 hrs of training Saturday) and other clubs and journals. Priorities...

You should start catching up like now...that shit piles up. Especially with all these groups and the seemingly endless number of journals available to sub-cite for. Plus if you wait around any longer, you'd have to deal with the final closed memo in two weeks.

idk

Postby idk » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
You should start catching up like now...that shit piles up. Especially with all these groups and the seemingly endless number of journals available to sub-cite for. Plus if you wait around any longer, you'd have to deal with the final closed memo in two weeks.

True. I also feel incredibly lonely and isolated, but I think I need to resign myself to the fact that I have no friends here and may not make friends until next semester. I normally make friends easily enough, but missing orientation social events and the first bar reviews seem to have really hurt me in this department. The kids in my section seem nice enough, but cliques already seem to have formed.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:27 pm

idk wrote:True. I also feel incredibly lonely and isolated, but I think I need to resign myself to the fact that I have no friends here and may not make friends until next semester. I normally make friends easily enough, but missing orientation social events and the first bar reviews seem to have really hurt me in this department. The kids in my section seem nice enough, but cliques already seem to have formed.

The bar reviews suck. You'd have to go real early to get the free drink tickets anyways. If your section is as awesome as mine, you'd have your own events. I don't know about your section but mine's pretty easy-going...more opportunities for friendships. Don't worry about making friends though. I think it's better if the friendship comes more naturally as opposed to being forced, but that's just me. It helps to live in the dorms too...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”