So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 pm

I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:21 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing


Is it that you feel like you are falling behind or not getting ahead when you're not doing something? I feel the latter.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:30 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing


Is it that you feel like you are falling behind or not getting ahead when you're not doing something? I feel the latter.

Probably more the latter.. idk I'm not planning on reading ahead that much though really. I don't see how that's that much of a benefit to how I'll do on final in December

Yesterday I was in library until 10 PM (just how long it took)... today it was 2 PM and I didn't know what else I should be doing lol

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby 071816 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm

I think you should go grab a drink or seven. It's still early.

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:34 pm

chimp wrote:I think you should go grab a drink or seven. It's still early.

I've been drinking like I did when I was in UG here already... I went straight to get-together after library last night and had a drink or eight

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby 071816 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
chimp wrote:I think you should go grab a drink or seven. It's still early.

I've been drinking like I did when I was in UG here already... I went straight to get-together after library last night and had a drink or eight

Sounds like you've got the right idea then. No need to worry too much this early in the semester.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby kalvano » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Go home. Have fun. If you've done your reading and have a decent understanding of it, then you're done for a while.

Late October and November / December are going to suck. Don't hurry it along.

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing


Is it that you feel like you are falling behind or not getting ahead when you're not doing something? I feel the latter.

Probably more the latter.. idk I'm not planning on reading ahead that much though really. I don't see how that's that much of a benefit to how I'll do on final in December

Yesterday I was in library until 10 PM (just how long it took)... today it was 2 PM and I didn't know what else I should be doing lol


I agree. I just get done with my readings and think, "Should I be utilizing this time to make the coming weeks easier?" Then I realize how sweet it is to have nothing to do and I do that.

User avatar
rouser
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:23 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby rouser » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 pm

I've noticed that time goes by fast when I'm at the school.
Will this continue to be the feeling throughout the year/years and into actual practice?

User avatar
SuperCerealBrah
Posts: 244
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby SuperCerealBrah » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:19 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing


Just relax and watch some football.

User avatar
LazinessPerSe
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:18 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby LazinessPerSe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 am

Rampant study-brag looking for peer validation. Rampant.

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby iShotFirst » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am

LazinessPerSe wrote:Rampant study-brag looking for peer validation. Rampant.

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby ph14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing


Lol, you "laughed" at people who were in law school when you hadn't been yet, and now want sympathy? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to laugh at other people in the future.

Swimp
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby Swimp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:20 pm

ph14 wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing


Lol, you "laughed" at people who were in law school when you hadn't been yet, and now want sympathy? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to laugh at other people in the future.


You gonna be okay?

swimmer11
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby swimmer11 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 pm

How do you know if you have fully grasped the topic? I am trying to figure out right now if I have fully grasped various doctrines and rules and do not know if I have actually grasped them or if it just appears that way because I learned them this week.

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby ph14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm

swimmer11 wrote:How do you know if you have fully grasped the topic? I am trying to figure out right now if I have fully grasped various doctrines and rules and do not know if I have actually grasped them or if it just appears that way because I learned them this week.


Try doing practice problems in the E&E, or from another supplement.

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3225
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby ph14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Swimp wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Lol, you "laughed" at people who were in law school when you hadn't been yet, and now want sympathy? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to laugh at other people in the future.


You gonna be okay?


Nope.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

What's wrong with you?

UncleFilz
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:30 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby UncleFilz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 pm

kalvano wrote:Go home. Have fun. If you've done your reading and have a decent understanding of it, then you're done for a while.

Late October and November / December are going to suck. Don't hurry it along.


Minus late October and early November. Don't give in to the bs

User avatar
shredderrrrrr
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:36 am

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby shredderrrrrr » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

ph14 wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing


Lol, you "laughed" at people who were in law school when you hadn't been yet, and now want sympathy? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to laugh at other people in the future.


--ImageRemoved--




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Downstairs_Mixup, j431e782, LawHammer, malleus discentium and 16 guests