So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ThreeRivers

So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:17 pm

I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing

shredderrrrrr

Re: So... I guess the "guilty feeling" is real...

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:21 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

1st week still here, and I've actually had decent amount of things to do... until now. I finished my assignments a lot quicker / earlier than I have been, and now I'm sitting here... feeling weird / wondering if I'm falling behind for doing nothing

Is it that you feel like you are falling behind or not getting ahead when you're not doing something? I feel the latter.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:30 pm

shredderrrrrr wrote:
ThreeRivers wrote:I always laughed at people who said one of the worse parts about law school is you feel like you're falling behind doing nothing.

Is it that you feel like you are falling behind or not getting ahead when you're not doing something? I feel the latter.

Probably more the latter.. idk I'm not planning on reading ahead that much though really. I don't see how that's that much of a benefit to how I'll do on final in December

Yesterday I was in library until 10 PM (just how long it took)... today it was 2 PM and I didn't know what else I should be doing lol

Postby 071816 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm

I think you should go grab a drink or seven. It's still early.

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:34 pm

chimp wrote:I think you should go grab a drink or seven. It's still early.

I've been drinking like I did when I was in UG here already... I went straight to get-together after library last night and had a drink or eight

Postby 071816 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
chimp wrote:I think you should go grab a drink or seven. It's still early.

I've been drinking like I did when I was in UG here already... I went straight to get-together after library last night and had a drink or eight

Sounds like you've got the right idea then. No need to worry too much this early in the semester.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Go home. Have fun. If you've done your reading and have a decent understanding of it, then you're done for a while.

Late October and November / December are going to suck. Don't hurry it along.

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 pm

ThreeRivers wrote:
shredderrrrrr wrote:

Probably more the latter.. idk I'm not planning on reading ahead that much though really. I don't see how that's that much of a benefit to how I'll do on final in December

Yesterday I was in library until 10 PM (just how long it took)... today it was 2 PM and I didn't know what else I should be doing lol

I agree. I just get done with my readings and think, "Should I be utilizing this time to make the coming weeks easier?" Then I realize how sweet it is to have nothing to do and I do that.

rouser

Postby rouser » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:18 pm

I've noticed that time goes by fast when I'm at the school.
Will this continue to be the feeling throughout the year/years and into actual practice?

SuperCerealBrah

Postby SuperCerealBrah » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:19 pm

Just relax and watch some football.

LazinessPerSe

Postby LazinessPerSe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:47 am

Rampant study-brag looking for peer validation. Rampant.

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am

LazinessPerSe wrote:Rampant study-brag looking for peer validation. Rampant.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Lol, you "laughed" at people who were in law school when you hadn't been yet, and now want sympathy? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to laugh at other people in the future.

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:20 pm

ph14 wrote:

Lol, you "laughed" at people who were in law school when you hadn't been yet, and now want sympathy? Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to laugh at other people in the future.

You gonna be okay?

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:26 pm

How do you know if you have fully grasped the topic? I am trying to figure out right now if I have fully grasped various doctrines and rules and do not know if I have actually grasped them or if it just appears that way because I learned them this week.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:17 pm

swimmer11 wrote:How do you know if you have fully grasped the topic? I am trying to figure out right now if I have fully grasped various doctrines and rules and do not know if I have actually grasped them or if it just appears that way because I learned them this week.

Try doing practice problems in the E&E, or from another supplement.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Swimp wrote:
ph14 wrote:

You gonna be okay?

Nope.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:20 pm

What's wrong with you?

UncleFilz

Postby UncleFilz » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 pm

kalvano wrote:Go home. Have fun. If you've done your reading and have a decent understanding of it, then you're done for a while.

Late October and November / December are going to suck. Don't hurry it along.

Minus late October and early November. Don't give in to the bs

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 pm

ph14 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”