ITT: 3LOL

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
romothesavior

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby romothesavior » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 am

My future self will despise my present self next week

Hodgy

Postby Hodgy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:51 pm

2 classes and a clinic next semester. Till then, fuck expository papers.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 pm

I'm supposed to write an ungraded one-page "memo" for corporations, due Tuesday night (so, for me, effectively Sunday night). Unfortunately it concerns problems from the casebook that I haven't read. Oops. So now that I'm drunk on wine and supposed to actually get some work done this weekend, wtf do I do?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 pm

I recommend 3L's utilize P/F classes to the utmost

I'm taking Civ Pro II P/F this semester and will take a 4 credit next semester P/F

I can turn in a D exam with no repercussion

it's liberating

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:40 pm

I kinda wanna take a bar class next semester and wanna just do it P/F. How bad would it look if I had a class that is OBVIOUSLY not a P/F class (E&T's, Employment Law, etc.) as a P on my transcript? I don't wanna risk a GPA downgrade but kinda think I should take the class for bar purposes.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:18 am

BarbellDreams wrote:I kinda wanna take a bar class next semester and wanna just do it P/F. How bad would it look if I had a class that is OBVIOUSLY not a P/F class (E&T's, Employment Law, etc.) as a P on my transcript? I don't wanna risk a GPA downgrade but kinda think I should take the class for bar purposes.

you can elect to take classes P/F?? :shock:

The Duck

Postby The Duck » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 am

f0bolous wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:I kinda wanna take a bar class next semester and wanna just do it P/F. How bad would it look if I had a class that is OBVIOUSLY not a P/F class (E&T's, Employment Law, etc.) as a P on my transcript? I don't wanna risk a GPA downgrade but kinda think I should take the class for bar purposes.

At Michigan you can elect two classes to be P/F after you receive your grade at the end. Best thing ever. Just can't do 1L.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 am

The Duck wrote:
f0bolous wrote:

At Michigan you can elect two classes to be P/F after you receive your grade at the end. Best thing ever. Just can't do 1L.
My god. They should put that on the front page of their admissions brochure.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:31 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
The Duck wrote:
f0bolous wrote:

Except when you use them all your first semester of 2L and then proceed to take hard classes that you do even worse in :lol:.

The Duck

Postby The Duck » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 pm

keg411 wrote:
Except when you use them all your first semester of 2L and then proceed to take hard classes that you do even worse in :lol:.

Still better off than not having them at all. Or having to select P/F before grades like the c/o 2012 and earlier had to do.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:23 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
The Duck wrote:
f0bolous wrote:

I lol'ed really hard at this. Nice job.

KeepitKind

Postby KeepitKind » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 pm

3LOL: The Pajamas Year

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:24 pm

I need to actually do some reading for class at some point.

So, I hear Dishonored is awesome. That seems more fun.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:34 pm

25-page paper due Monday at 4:00. Nothing written, have read a couple law review articles.

*turns on Bulls game*

Aight, now that Bulls game is over, it's time to get some work done.

*pops in Star Wars Episode IV*

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 am

I leave for Jamiaca on Friday morning. I feel this week will be very productive.*

*For completing Grand Theft Auto IV.

zeth006

Postby zeth006 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:37 am

kalvano wrote:I leave for Jamiaca on Friday morning. I feel this week will be very productive.*

*For completing Grand Theft Auto IV.

I like your style. :lol:

howell

Postby howell » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:10 am

Good to see 3LOL getting some press.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:09 pm

howell wrote:Good to see 3LOL getting some press.

That's way too much analysis for the law school version of "senioritis".

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm

keg411 wrote:

I'd say those w jobs 3 LOL more resembles senioritis. For those of us who don't have jobs, it's a combination of reason 2 (grades don't matter and GPAs are set) and a reason he doesn't mention, that time is better spent looking for a job (meeting w people, making calls, doing applications, researching, interning at govt., and actually working for small firms).

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:37 pm

rad lulz wrote:
keg411 wrote:

I'd say those w jobs 3 LOL more resembles senioritis. For those of us who don't have jobs, it's a combination of reason 2 (grades don't matter and GPAs are set) and a reason he doesn't mention, that time is better spent looking for a job (meeting w people, making calls, doing applications, researching, interning at govt., and actually working for small firms).

I'd definitely agree with that.

Also, I still attend pretty much all my classes. I missed a total of 3 all semester. Mostly because I really don't have anything better to do.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 pm

keg411 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
keg411 wrote:

Also, I still attend pretty much all my classes. I missed a total of 3 all semester. Mostly because I really don't have anything better to do.

Oh c'mon, you don't have other places you'd rather be? :P

Commuting 35-40 minutes definitely makes it harder to muster up enough motivation to go to class. If I could still roll out of my apartment and be there in 5 minutes, then it wouldn't be so bad.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:47 pm

traehekat wrote:Oh c'mon, you don't have other places you'd rather be? :P

Commuting 35-40 minutes definitely makes it harder to muster up enough motivation to go to class. If I could still roll out of my apartment and be there in 5 minutes, then it wouldn't be so bad.

I do, but they're just not located within at least a 100 mile radius of my law school :lol:.
My commute is also all of a 10 minute walk so that helps.

Omerta

Postby Omerta » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 pm

keg411 wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
keg411 wrote:

Campos' analysis is dead on. By this point, you either "get" law school exams or you don't. I'd be willing to bet that I could get a median or higher grade in any law school class if I had three days of preparation (prob a week if it's closed book).

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:05 am

Omerta wrote:Campos' analysis is dead on. By this point, you either "get" law school exams or you don't. I'd be willing to bet that I could get a median or higher grade in any law school class if I had three days of preparation (prob a week if it's closed book).

1. Completely mail it in 3L year
2. ???
3. Ace exams
4. LOL
5. No yob anyway :?

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 pm

I clicked on the 1L exam thread to try to motivate myself to do ANYTHING finals-prep related. Didnt work. Went to the store and bought a sixer of NB Trippel. Im so screwed. :|

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”