ITT: 3LOL

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 am

traehekat wrote:lol so safe to say the illinois bar is at least aware that this documentation may be hard to come by. who the hell else would have it if not the sec. of state? i sure as shit dont.

The app says, if you cant find info, note it and they may inquire more later. So just mention it so it doesn't look like you are hiding.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:lol so safe to say the illinois bar is at least aware that this documentation may be hard to come by. who the hell else would have it if not the sec. of state? i sure as shit dont.

The app says, if you cant find info, note it and they may inquire more later. So just mention it so it doesn't look like you are hiding.

Going back through these questions again. Are you actually required to disclose high school suspensions when it asks "Have you ever been accused of or charged with any social, academic, or other misconduct, including, without limitation, the violation of any statute, ordinance, code of student conduct, or institutional policy, practice, or requirement, by any school, university, law school or other similar institution above the elementary school level?"

Jeremyl

Postby Jeremyl » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:31 pm

traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Going back through these questions again. Are you actually required to disclose high school suspensions when it asks "Have you ever been accused of or charged with any social, academic, or other misconduct, including, without limitation, the violation of any statute, ordinance, code of student conduct, or institutional policy, practice, or requirement, by any school, university, law school or other similar institution above the elementary school level?"

Um yeah. Seems pretty clear to me.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 pm

Jeremyl wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Um yeah. Seems pretty clear to me.

Yeah but that would seem to also cover detentions, as well. I'm supposed to remember every detention I ever had in high school? It would also cover even being ACCUSED of something that could qualify as "social misconduct" in violation of the code of student conduct. That would mean if a teacher ever asked me if I was chewing gum then I would be required by this question to disclose that. There is no way that this is what the question is getting at. I do remember receiving a suspension, however, so I guess I will disclose that to be safe but seriously the scope of this question is ridiculous.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:36 pm

I took that to read that I had to disclose my student adviser telling my that I should get my grades up because I was sorta near academic probation. The question is retarded.

I blame shitlawyers who write this shit.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Uh oh, did not realize you have to "post" your paper materials by the deadline.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:04 pm

traehekat wrote:Uh oh, did not realize you have to "post" your paper materials by the deadline.

It's still before midnight. The problem will be the notary. I look forward to your inevitable listserve email asking for one. Walgreens will take your picture for 11 dollars.

redgreenpaper

Postby redgreenpaper » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 pm

can someone here explain to me why 3L is a joke? is it because you should have already gotten a job offer and that grades dont count? similar to how in high school u dont give a shit about grade 12 once you've gotten into the university you wanted to go to

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 pm

redgreenpaper wrote:can someone here explain to me why 3L is a joke? is it because you should have already gotten a job offer and that grades dont count? similar to how in high school u dont give a shit about grade 12 once you've gotten into the university you wanted to go to

Haven't you asked this same exact question before? It's a joke because you either already have a job and it doesn't matter because your firm doesn't care about your grades or you don't have a job and it doesn't matter because getting better grades isn't gonna help you at this point.

redgreenpaper

Postby redgreenpaper » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
redgreenpaper wrote:can someone here explain to me why 3L is a joke? is it because you should have already gotten a job offer and that grades dont count? similar to how in high school u dont give a shit about grade 12 once you've gotten into the university you wanted to go to

Haven't you asked this same exact question before? It's a joke because you either already have a job and it doesn't matter because your firm doesn't care about your grades or you don't have a job and it doesn't matter because getting better grades isn't gonna help you at this point.

no i have not asked this question before. so you are saying that all grads who dont get an offer from OCI is fucked?

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:23 pm

redgreenpaper wrote:

no i have not asked this question before. so you are saying that all grads who dont get an offer from OCI is fucked?

Dood your RC sucks bro

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:51 pm

redgreenpaper wrote:

How did you even get that from what i said

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 pm

rad lulz wrote:
redgreenpaper wrote:

Dood your RC sucks bro

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:Man, the Illinois bar app is the worst. Where would disclose that you received a cease and desist letter? Do you even need to disclose that?

At the very end there is a catchall "anything that would cast down on your fitness." If you just want to disclose just in case, I'd do it there.

My biggest problem, is that it asks you to describe the incident and gives you one small line to do it.

Yeah just got there, that would definitely cover it. Another annoying thing is I know I have received a few speeding tickets, but I don't remember if my license was ever revoked. I also don't remember the fine was ever $200. I remember paying a hefty amount once, but I can't remember if it was over $200. I'm thinking it was, but I don't really have any details about any of these tickets. No idea how I would get them either.

I had a similar problem, so I figured, hey I'll a copy of my driving record from Sec. of State. So I went and got it, and it was missing almost all my tickets. Damn Illinois record keeping.

I had the same problem (IL driving record is completely clean; I'm assuming they've all been expunged). I just guessed the date of the tickets.

redgreenpaper

Postby redgreenpaper » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 pm

redgreenpaper wrote:

How did you even get that from what i said

you said "it doesn't matter because getting better grades isn't gonna help you at this point". i really can't see how you cannot see how i got there from what you said.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:12 am

redgreenpaper wrote:
you said "it doesn't matter because getting better grades isn't gonna help you at this point". i really can't see how you cannot see how i got there from what you said.

what is wrong with you?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:08 pm

redgreenpaper wrote:you said "it doesn't matter because getting better grades isn't gonna help you at this point". i really can't see how you cannot see how i got there from what you said.

Dood your RC sucks bro

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

what an asinine question

Postby 09042014 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:50 pm

Borhas wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

what an asinine question

I wanna know what kinda shitlawyers are writing this.

Bikeflip

Postby Bikeflip » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Damn papers.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:22 am

Bikeflip wrote:Damn papers.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Bar Apps submitted. Now onto hunting down supplemental materials. Thank God for liberal supplemental document deadlines.

Postby 02122015 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 am

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
Bikeflip wrote:Damn papers.

I LIKED 1L MORE THAN THIS PAPER-RIDDLED SEMESTER

I'm not even on a journal and I'm not going into academia, and yet I have to write two academic papers. I hate my life.

I just want to graduate.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:59 am

BarbellDreams wrote:Thank God for liberal supplemental document deadlines.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:01 pm

los blancos wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Thank God for liberal supplemental document deadlines.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”