ITT: 3LOL

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
iteachtenthgrade

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby iteachtenthgrade » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
thelawdoctor wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The bar exam application is worse than the holocaust.

If 80% survived the naked death showers, I might agree with you.

They got the sweet release of death.

I'm not a 3L but this popped up on "Latest" and I just have to say that this is really in poor taste. If you've convinced yourselves that this is funny, you should take a step away from your books for a few minutes and get ahold of yourselves.

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:00 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
thelawdoctor wrote:

I'm not a 3L but this popped up on "Latest" and I just have to say that this is really in poor taste. If you've convinced yourselves that this is funny, you should take a step away from your books for a few minutes and get ahold of yourselves.

Dead

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm

iteachtenthgrade wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
thelawdoctor wrote:

Holocaust jokes are hilarious.

bfigsan

Postby bfigsan » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm

The moderators won't let me talk about affirmative action, but that joke is fair game? Pathetic.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:28 pm

bfigsan wrote:The moderators won't let me talk about affirmative action, but that joke is fair game? Pathetic.

So jews are better than blacks, indians and mexicans. How racist of you. REPORTED

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm

bfigsan wrote:The moderators won't let me talk about affirmative action, but that joke is fair game? Pathetic.

Well, was your talk about affirmative action funny?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am

Those mod guys are jerks

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:21 am

Go whine about AA all you want. There's a place called the lounge. Enjoy it.

Postby 02122015 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Finally starting the bar application process now. It's gross.

For example, in MN, the application requires the following types of references:

(1) 5 people for whom you just write down their contact info and how they know you to serve as "Character References," who must meet these requirements:
- Known applicant for at least 3 years
- Not current or former employers or supervisors
- Not relatives by blood or marriage
- Not law school professors
- Did not attend my law school during my period of enrollment

(2) 2 people to provide "Affidavits of Good Character," and must actually write up a thing and get it notarized. These must meet these requirements:
- Known applicant for at least 1 year
- Not relatives by blood or marriage
- Not "fellow law students" during my period of enrollment (does not specify if this means my law school or any law school)

The 5 people serving as "character references" cannot be any of the 2 people providing "affidavits of good character."
Why the heck are these different categories? This is confusing.

Pokemon

Postby Pokemon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:18 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

And this coming from someone calling him/herself "desert fox."

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Pokemon wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

And this coming from someone calling him/herself "desert fox."

TBF, Rommel ignored orders to help round up jews. And died because of his involvement in a plot to kill Hitler. He wasn't a good guy, but he had a moral code that wasn't evil.

I don't support a holocaust or anything like that.

I just think terrible things are funny.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Neither of my bar applications even out yet.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:32 pm

keg411 wrote:Neither of my bar applications even out yet.

Lucky, mine is due tomorrow. Including all the C&F stuff.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
keg411 wrote:Neither of my bar applications even out yet.

Lucky, mine is due tomorrow. Including all the C&F stuff.

Honestly, I'd rather get it out of the way. I don't want to do bar applications in April.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Did all that shit and turned it in a few weeks ago. What a pain. If the bar is trying to keep out poor minorities, they're doing a good job.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm probably going to be C&F pwnd, but I'm puting down everything that could even be relevant, but I have no details. The Illinois application is really absurd.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:34 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I'm probably going to be C&F pwnd, but I'm puting down everything that could even be relevant, but I have no details. The Illinois application is really absurd.

What makes you say that? Debt? Arrests? Unauthorized practice? Domestic violence?

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:38 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I'm probably going to be C&F pwnd, but I'm puting down everything that could even be relevant, but I have no details. The Illinois application is really absurd.

What makes you say that? Debt? Arrests? Unauthorized practice? Domestic violence?

I shouldn't have said C&F pwnd, but I mean I'll probably have a C&F review. I've got a bunch of tickets I cannot find records of. The Illinois app is so open ended it wants things like getting written up at work, or being interviewed by a cop.

I'll definitely pass, but I'll have to meet with someone I'm sure.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
rad lulz wrote:

I shouldn't have said C&F pwnd, but I mean I'll probably have a C&F review. I've got a bunch of tickets I cannot find records of. The Illinois app is so open ended it wants things like getting written up at work, or being interviewed by a cop.

What a pain in the ass man. That's absurd.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:59 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
rad lulz wrote:

I have some stuff in my history that I wouldn't be surprised if I get a C&F review/interview either (although nothing that would prevent me from ultimately passing). But I have to see what the app questions look like first before I get a better idea.

The IL app sounds terrible.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 am

Man, the Illinois bar app is the worst. Where would disclose that you received a cease and desist letter? Do you even need to disclose that?

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:37 am

traehekat wrote:Man, the Illinois bar app is the worst. Where would disclose that you received a cease and desist letter? Do you even need to disclose that?

At the very end there is a catchall "anything that would cast down on your fitness." If you just want to disclose just in case, I'd do it there.

My biggest problem, is that it asks you to describe the incident and gives you one small line to do it.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:49 am

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:Man, the Illinois bar app is the worst. Where would disclose that you received a cease and desist letter? Do you even need to disclose that?

At the very end there is a catchall "anything that would cast down on your fitness." If you just want to disclose just in case, I'd do it there.

My biggest problem, is that it asks you to describe the incident and gives you one small line to do it.

Yeah just got there, that would definitely cover it. Another annoying thing is I know I have received a few speeding tickets, but I don't remember if my license was ever revoked. I also don't remember the fine was ever $200. I remember paying a hefty amount once, but I can't remember if it was over $200. I'm thinking it was, but I don't really have any details about any of these tickets. No idea how I would get them either.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 am

traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Yeah just got there, that would definitely cover it. Another annoying thing is I know I have received a few speeding tickets, but I don't remember if my license was ever revoked. I also don't remember the fine was ever $200. I remember paying a hefty amount once, but I can't remember if it was over $200. I'm thinking it was, but I don't really have any details about any of these tickets. No idea how I would get them either.

I had a similar problem, so I figured, hey I'll a copy of my driving record from Sec. of State. So I went and got it, and it was missing almost all my tickets. Damn Illinois record keeping.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:04 am

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I had a similar problem, so I figured, hey I'll a copy of my driving record from Sec. of State. So I went and got it, and it was missing almost all my tickets. Damn Illinois record keeping.

lol so safe to say the illinois bar is at least aware that this documentation may be hard to come by. who the hell else would have it if not the sec. of state? i sure as shit dont.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”