ITT: 3LOL

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Ludo! » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:19 pm

you're gonna start studying for the bar in January? seriously?

thelawdoctor
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby thelawdoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:you're gonna start studying for the bar in January? seriously?


didn't state, asked.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Ludo! » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 pm

This is a thread of people that barely even go to class, I doubt anybody is starting their bar studying

thelawdoctor
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby thelawdoctor » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:53 pm

I keep meaning to, got the book, kind of hard to fight the F'its though.

I am all blowoff electives this term (paper courses)

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Vent: My 3L year is not 3LOL at all but it is my fault for taking on a clinic, a job, and a TA position. All of those, however, feel somewhat productive and useful. What does not feel productive and useful is journal work! Every time I sit down to do journal work (I am an AE) I spend at least three hours, if not five or six hours, integrating SCC assignments. If 2Ls bother to read this thread, don't do the e-board of your journal unless it is something like EIC of L.Rev. or something that requires very little time or is at least marginally interesting like Notes & Submissions Editor. Ugh.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:11 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:Vent: My 3L year is not 3LOL at all but it is my fault for taking on a clinic, a job, and a TA position. All of those, however, feel somewhat productive and useful. What does not feel productive and useful is journal work! Every time I sit down to do journal work (I am an AE) I spend at least three hours, if not five or six hours, integrating SCC assignments. If 2Ls bother to read this thread, don't do the e-board of your journal unless it is something like EIC of L.Rev. or something that requires very little time or is at least marginally interesting like Notes & Submissions Editor. Ugh.


Being an AE is awful. Terrible. I feel horrible for both of us.

BeenDidThat
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby BeenDidThat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

doods can we be 3Ls forever?

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:27 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:Vent: My 3L year is not 3LOL at all but it is my fault for taking on a clinic, a job, and a TA position. All of those, however, feel somewhat productive and useful. What does not feel productive and useful is journal work! Every time I sit down to do journal work (I am an AE) I spend at least three hours, if not five or six hours, integrating SCC assignments. If 2Ls bother to read this thread, don't do the e-board of your journal unless it is something like EIC of L.Rev. or something that requires very little time or is at least marginally interesting like Notes & Submissions Editor. Ugh.


This.

Trust me, no one cares that you were an assistant articles editor of some environmental journal. If you're on LR, just being on LR will be good enough (unless you can get EIC obviously), and if you're not on LR and on a secondary, no one really cares anyway.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:46 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:Vent: My 3L year is not 3LOL at all but it is my fault for taking on a clinic, a job, and a TA position. All of those, however, feel somewhat productive and useful. What does not feel productive and useful is journal work! Every time I sit down to do journal work (I am an AE) I spend at least three hours, if not five or six hours, integrating SCC assignments. If 2Ls bother to read this thread, don't do the e-board of your journal unless it is something like EIC of L.Rev. or something that requires very little time or is at least marginally interesting like Notes & Submissions Editor. Ugh.


Being an AE is awful. Terrible. I feel horrible for both of us.


not sure if srs? But if yes I commiserate...

BarbellDreams wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:Vent: My 3L year is not 3LOL at all but it is my fault for taking on a clinic, a job, and a TA position. All of those, however, feel somewhat productive and useful. What does not feel productive and useful is journal work! Every time I sit down to do journal work (I am an AE) I spend at least three hours, if not five or six hours, integrating SCC assignments. If 2Ls bother to read this thread, don't do the e-board of your journal unless it is something like EIC of L.Rev. or something that requires very little time or is at least marginally interesting like Notes & Submissions Editor. Ugh.


This.

Trust me, no one cares that you were an assistant articles editor of some environmental journal. If you're on LR, just being on LR will be good enough (unless you can get EIC obviously), and if you're not on LR and on a secondary, no one really cares anyway.


I shouldn't have been such a sheep in applying to the e-board because everyone else was and then ranking more positions than I was really interested in....I think I was stupidly afraid that I might have not gotten any position...if only I realized how great that would've been. Plus my note is being published anyway so that is enough from a journal perspective.

I was up 'til 2 last night + worked two or three hours today to integrate 18 SCC assignments. Part of the reason it takes so long is because the 2Ls don't seem to try very hard to resolve problems. They just leave me comments like 'I can't find this case' or 'this case has a red stop sign but I am not sure if it was overturned on the relevant issue' and it is usually easier for me to just figure out the problem myself than to write another comment asking another 2L to leave me the same comment next time. Usually it is something as simple as searching for the case on WL and LN or whatever.

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby iShotFirst » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm

thelawdoctor wrote:anyone actually take barprep yet or just plan to do it between last day of classes and the bar?


Im going to do some light bar study this semester, but only because I'll be working from May 1- mid June so wont be able to spend as much time on it then.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:57 am

somewhatwayward wrote:ndirish2010 wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
Vent: My 3L year is not 3LOL at all but it is my fault for taking on a clinic, a job, and a TA position. All of those, however, feel somewhat productive and useful. What does not feel productive and useful is journal work! Every time I sit down to do journal work (I am an AE) I spend at least three hours, if not five or six hours, integrating SCC assignments. If 2Ls bother to read this thread, don't do the e-board of your journal unless it is something like EIC of L.Rev. or something that requires very little time or is at least marginally interesting like Notes & Submissions Editor. Ugh.


Being an AE is awful. Terrible. I feel horrible for both of us.


not sure if srs? But if yes I commiserate...



I am absolutely serious. I am just about to start entering changes into another article...so much for 3L spring

thelawdoctor
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby thelawdoctor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

If I get articles published in mad magazine I can still hold myself out to potential employers as "published" right? 8)

DwightSchruteFarms
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Watching Community Season 2 during Remedies class = WIN

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby 09042014 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Ugggh, I'm suffering under the tyranny of attendance in my first class of the day. I've ended up going to nearly every class. I think I have better attendance than first semester 1L.

User avatar
IrwinM.Fletcher
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Ugggh, I'm suffering under the tyranny of attendance in my first class of the day. I've ended up going to nearly every class. I think I have better attendance than first semester 1L.


what p.o.s. class did you sign up for that gives a shit about attendance for 3Ls?

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby iShotFirst » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:38 am

IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Ugggh, I'm suffering under the tyranny of attendance in my first class of the day. I've ended up going to nearly every class. I think I have better attendance than first semester 1L.


what p.o.s. class did you sign up for that gives a shit about attendance for 3Ls?


Im so jealous of people who dont have to follow attendance guidelines. My school has attendance rules for EVERY CLASS (cant miss more than 2 weeks of class) and although some professors dont enforce it, they are few and far between. 830am class 3 times a week in last semester is killing me.

Jeremyl
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Jeremyl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 am

99 days til graduation.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby keg411 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:56 pm

iShotFirst wrote:
IrwinM.Fletcher wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Ugggh, I'm suffering under the tyranny of attendance in my first class of the day. I've ended up going to nearly every class. I think I have better attendance than first semester 1L.


what p.o.s. class did you sign up for that gives a shit about attendance for 3Ls?


Im so jealous of people who dont have to follow attendance guidelines. My school has attendance rules for EVERY CLASS (cant miss more than 2 weeks of class) and although some professors dont enforce it, they are few and far between. 830am class 3 times a week in last semester is killing me.


Sucks. So does 8:30 am as a second-semester 3L. I don't have class before 1 pm any day 8).

That said, I still go to class because I really don't have anything better to do :lol:. Plus, I actually like my classes for the first time since ever.

User avatar
IrwinM.Fletcher
Posts: 1197
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby IrwinM.Fletcher » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 pm

keg411 wrote:I actually like my classes for the first time since ever.


I'm in this same boat. Feels...weird.

Not having to clog my schedule with a bunch of required garbage has been so wonderful.

thelawdoctor
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby thelawdoctor » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Jeremyl wrote:99 days til graduation.


and just as many 40's of malt liquor.................

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby BarbellDreams » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:12 pm

This attendance policy is fucking bullshit. No final, all small papers can be done without going to class as they have little to do with what is taught. Friday class. Seriously, why cant I just skip the entire year?!?!?!

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby 09042014 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:27 pm

The bar exam application is worse than the holocaust.

thelawdoctor
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby thelawdoctor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:This attendance policy is fucking bullshit. No final, all small papers can be done without going to class as they have little to do with what is taught. Friday class. Seriously, why cant I just skip the entire year?!?!?!


to weed out those who lack that ability

thelawdoctor
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby thelawdoctor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Desert Fox wrote:The bar exam application is worse than the holocaust.


If 80% survived the naked death showers, I might agree with you.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:54 pm

thelawdoctor wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The bar exam application is worse than the holocaust.


If 80% survived the naked death showers, I might agree with you.


They got the sweet release of death.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pancakes3, Propain and 5 guests