ITT: 3LOL

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby keg411 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Oh I took CrimPro I also. As long as the prof isn't awful, I'm guessing it's usually a fun class (mine was).

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby de5igual » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 pm

ben4847 wrote:I think i'm gonna take random classes in the rest of the university. I signed up for calculus this semester. The professor emailed said he thought I might be too busy with law school. I told him I won't be as busy as he might think.


You can do that? That sounds SWEET!!!

For credit too?

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Serious question for all 3LOLs...is it that you know what you're doing so well that you just don't see the point in going to class anymore, or do you have such bad grades and horrible life prospects that you're drunk all the time and miss class?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Ludo! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:47 pm

manofjustice wrote:Serious question for all 3LOLs...is it that you know what you're doing so well that you just don't see the point in going to class anymore, or do you have such bad grades and horrible life prospects that you're drunk all the time and miss class?


GTFO

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby manofjustice » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
manofjustice wrote:Serious question for all 3LOLs...is it that you know what you're doing so well that you just don't see the point in going to class anymore, or do you have such bad grades and horrible life prospects that you're drunk all the time and miss class?


GTFO


It's a serious question!

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Ludo! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:18 am

It's because grades barely matter anymore and even if they did going to class isn't that important. Now go analyze a poll

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby manofjustice » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:21 am

Lol, okay. I think that sums it up.

The reason I asked was because, as a 1L, I was feeling guilty that at times...sometimes...I wasn't too sure what the point of class was either. Going over stuff we read...

I was making a new-semester resolution to take better notes and pay more attention.

Sorry for intruding into your 3LOL thing here...just wanted to know.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7117
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby los blancos » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:57 am

manofjustice wrote:
ben4847 wrote:I think i'm gonna take random classes in the rest of the university. I signed up for calculus this semester. The professor emailed said he thought I might be too busy with law school. I told him I won't be as busy as he might think.


You can do that? That sounds SWEET!!!

For credit too?


Don't know about his school but we're allowed to take one undergrad class and can petition for another.

User avatar
Pretzel_Logic
Posts: 7797
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Bikeflip wrote:
Pretzel_Logic wrote:As for bar classes, I took Business Associations, Evidence, Secured Transactions, Admin, Crim Pro (cops and stops), I'm in Crim Pro II (bail to jail), PR (not really bar I guess?), and I'm in Conflicts now. I guess bankruptcy is a bar class in some places too and I took that. The only one I regret is BA and that's just because it was a 4-credit class and I did really badly in it. Otherwise the rest have been worth it. Okay, except PR, that was pretty worthless.



What bar are you taking?

Should I take Crim Pro? Multi-states appear to be a bit heavy on it.

MEE: --LinkRemoved--
MBE: --LinkRemoved--


Kentucky. And I want to practice criminal so those classes are kind of my jam, but honestly knowing the rules on Miranda/searches are kind of good for everybody to know. Plus, there are some hilarious stories in any criminal class. (And some horrific ones too, my Crim Trial Pro reading for next week consists of every terrible case in the south where blacks/minorities were deprived of counsel and given the death penalty, i.e. Scottsboro, Johnson v. Tennessee, Frank v. Mangum, etc. etc.) My prof was a former federal public defender and he had hilarious stories and awesome hypos.

tl;dr I really loved Crim Pro.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby keg411 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote:Kentucky. And I want to practice criminal so those classes are kind of my jam, but honestly knowing the rules on Miranda/searches are kind of good for everybody to know. Plus, there are some hilarious stories in any criminal class.


Agreed.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11721
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby kalvano » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:40 pm

Crim Pro is a great class. Highly recommended.

zomginternets
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby zomginternets » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 pm

f0bolous wrote:Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?


You really need the more recent edition. Lots of important exclusionary rule cases have come down since 2005.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:27 pm

kalvano wrote:Crim Pro is a great class. Highly recommended.

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am

Why are 3Ls taking classes that don't start with "Law &..."?

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby BarbellDreams » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:13 am

Fall semester seminar with grade being based on solely the final paper. I never turned in the paper and asked for an extension to which the professor responded with "Just get it to me whenever you can". I proceeded to never write this paper and the semester ended. Just received an A in the seminar. Paper never turned in. If this story doesn't get me into the TLS hall of fame nothing will :)

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:33 am

zomginternets wrote:
f0bolous wrote:Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?


You really need the more recent edition. Lots of important exclusionary rule cases have come down since 2005.


+1. There's been a decent amount of changes that are covered in the most recent version.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7117
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby los blancos » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:48 am

BarbellDreams wrote:Fall semester seminar with grade being based on solely the final paper. I never turned in the paper and asked for an extension to which the professor responded with "Just get it to me whenever you can". I proceeded to never write this paper and the semester ended. Just received an A in the seminar. Paper never turned in. If this story doesn't get me into the TLS hall of fame nothing will :)


:shock: :lol:

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby keg411 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 am

los blancos wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Fall semester seminar with grade being based on solely the final paper. I never turned in the paper and asked for an extension to which the professor responded with "Just get it to me whenever you can". I proceeded to never write this paper and the semester ended. Just received an A in the seminar. Paper never turned in. If this story doesn't get me into the TLS hall of fame nothing will :)


:shock: :lol:


So amazing :D.

DwightSchruteFarms
Posts: 284
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby DwightSchruteFarms » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:36 am

checkin in here....and checkin out of law school

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby traehekat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 am

BarbellDreams wrote:Fall semester seminar with grade being based on solely the final paper. I never turned in the paper and asked for an extension to which the professor responded with "Just get it to me whenever you can". I proceeded to never write this paper and the semester ended. Just received an A in the seminar. Paper never turned in. If this story doesn't get me into the TLS hall of fame nothing will :)


Holy shit, lol. I was in the exact same situation except I eventually turned in a paper the day before classes started for the next semester. Now I'm going to be bitter as fuck if I don't get an A.

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby de5igual » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
zomginternets wrote:
f0bolous wrote:Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?


You really need the more recent edition. Lots of important exclusionary rule cases have come down since 2005.


+1. There's been a decent amount of changes that are covered in the most recent version.


Can I borrow yours?

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:39 pm

f0bolous wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
zomginternets wrote:
f0bolous wrote:Is the 2005 edition of Dressler's Understanding Crim Pro sufficient or do I really need to get the more recent (and more $$) edition?


You really need the more recent edition. Lots of important exclusionary rule cases have come down since 2005.


+1. There's been a decent amount of changes that are covered in the most recent version.


Can I borrow yours?


PM'd.

dontknowwhereimgoin
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:03 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby dontknowwhereimgoin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 am

barbelldreams: screenshots or it didn't happen

thelawdoctor
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Postby thelawdoctor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:49 pm

anyone actually take barprep yet or just plan to do it between last day of classes and the bar?




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bobcat26, butlerraider1, Calbears123, Downstairs_Mixup, greengrass, HungJuror, Ineedhelpplease, narddawg, TheSpanishMain, Trippel and 46 guests