ITT: 3LOL Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
clown?bro

New

Re: ITT: 3LOL

Post by clown?bro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:13 am

lol what is your dumb fucking dog (black lab) picture? so ghey. obviously reveals a lack of a signficant other (why else have an animal as your pic?). you are lonely, but moreover, your suck. so sad and so boring.

CHECK OUT MY MIXTAPES.................!!!!!!!!!!!!

clown?bro

New

Post by clown?bro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:15 am

your fucking dog is probably named "LOL" or "DAFQ" or "IALFM ." neways, real gunnaz know the drillz

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:55 am

clown?bro wrote:lol what is your dumb fucking dog (black lab) picture? so ghey

--ImageRemoved--

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 pm

whatever s/he was smoking...

Platinum

Post by 02122015 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:18 am

Why did I ever take a paper class, I hate papers and I'm screwed and thank god it's only a 2-cr class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alphasteve

Diamond

Post by alphasteve » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 am

vanwinkle wrote:
clown?bro wrote:lol what is your dumb fucking dog (black lab) picture? so ghey

--ImageRemoved--
God I hate Juggalos.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 am

los blancos wrote:Am I going to regret it if I graduate lawl school without having taken Admin or BA?
IMO, you will regret not taking BA. I would wager that virtually all areas of practice deal with business entities at some time or another.

I elected to take remedies instead of admin this semester; we'll see if I regret it..

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:36 am

Minus SecReg, my schedule next semester is the lulziest thing ever. Getting all of the "bar" classes and requirements out of the way earlier sucked, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 pm

keg411 wrote:Minus SecReg, my schedule next semester is the lulziest thing ever. Getting all of the "bar" classes and requirements out of the way earlier sucked, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Meeee too. Except without the Securities Reg, andddd I'm about to drop a class tomorrow because I don't need it.

I will however, be using the extra time to do moar externship and look for jobs, so there's...that. But hooray 3LOL!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:19 am

Was really looking forward to a class. Got an email with a syllabus from the professor. Only one absence allowed before it affects your grade, and no laptops for the exam.

Goodbye interesting class, hello boring class with easy A.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote: I will however, be using the extra time to do moar externship and look for jobs, so there's...that. But hooray 3LOL!!
Fucking shit I can't even enjoy my free time time from my light class schedule. Sucks.

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Pretzel_Logic wrote: I will however, be using the extra time to do moar externship and look for jobs, so there's...that. But hooray 3LOL!!
Fucking shit I can't even enjoy my free time time from my light class schedule. Sucks.
I know that feel bro.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:16 pm

los blancos wrote:Am I going to regret it if I graduate lawl school without having taken Admin or BA?
Admin in the most painful thing ever and you will seriously regret taking it. BA is not particularly painful and does have a lot of practice knowledge, so I'd take that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:40 am

keg411 wrote:Minus SecReg, my schedule next semester is the lulziest thing ever. Getting all of the "bar" classes and requirements out of the way earlier sucked, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
What bar classes did you take in 2/3L? I thought conventional wisdom was BarBri teaches you everything you need to know. I guess it is kinda too late for me to change it. I hope BarBri will teach me everything be true bc in addition to taking no bar classes in 2/3L, I don't feel too strong on the bar classes I took during 1L...

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:46 am

Goddammit, Professional Rsponsibility is a certifiable nightmare. I can't believe I've got a whole semester of this shit when I've already passed the MPRE. The fucking professor says if anyone's phone rings in class, she will confiscate it and keep it overnight. And that being on the Internet during class is "professional misconduct" and we are bound by the Model Rules to report on other students.

I fucking hate her stupid fucking face. I hated her from the moment she introduced herself as "Professor" instead of using her name like a normal human being, and by 20 minutes in, I was seriously pondering how I would handle jail, because I was ready to throw my laptop at her head.

Goddammit.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 am

kalvano wrote:Goddammit, Professional Rsponsibility is a certifiable nightmare. I can't believe I've got a whole semester of this shit when I've already passed the MPRE. The fucking professor says if anyone's phone rings in class, she will confiscate it and keep it overnight. And that being on the Internet during class is "professional misconduct" and we are bound by the Model Rules to report on other students.

I fucking hate her stupid fucking face. I hated her from the moment she introduced herself as "Professor" instead of using her name like a normal human being, and by 20 minutes in, I was seriously pondering how I would handle jail, because I was ready to throw my laptop at her head.

Goddammit.
Is she tenured? It's not very professionally responsible to profit off the law school scam.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:05 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
What bar classes did you take in 2/3L? I thought conventional wisdom was BarBri teaches you everything you need to know. I guess it is kinda too late for me to change it. I hope BarBri will teach me everything be true bc in addition to taking no bar classes in 2/3L, I don't feel too strong on the bar classes I took during 1L...
Enterprise Organizations (our version of BizOrgs), Evidence, Trusts & Estates, Family Law, and Commercial Transactions (Commercial Paper + Secured Transactions). I think a lot of people rely on BarBri, but I didn't feel like it and I had to take a bunch of these type classes anyway. If I could've done it over, I woud've skipped Commercial Transactions, but I actually liked Family Law and T&E, didn't mind Evidence, and EO is a prerequisite for a bunch of stuff.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 pm

(i will graduate without having taken any of those)

ETA: one exception, I have taken evidence. And it is a damn good thing I took it during 2L, because I seriously think I would've been no-offered had I not had that knowledge. And it was probably my favorite class of lawl school.
Last edited by los blancos on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:21 pm

zomginternets wrote:
IMO, you will regret not taking BA. I would wager that virtually all areas of practice deal with business entities at some time or another.

I elected to take remedies instead of admin this semester; we'll see if I regret it..

Eh, if I do, I feel like I can just grab a casebook and self-study. It was between that and Fed Tax, and I don't feel like going to class at 8:30am four days a week when I live half an hour away from my lawl school (plus, for some weird reason, I actually like Fed Tax).

Fuck it, I might just go buy a previous edition BA casebook off of Amazon for like $10 and read a bit of it every day. I'll be done by the time the bar studying really starts getting intense.

Klein's 7th ed is $7 on Amazon. Anyone have any experience with it?

MSPeast wrote:Why did I ever take a paper class, I hate papers and I'm screwed and thank god it's only a 2-cr class.

I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but I am avoiding 2-credit classes like the plague. Half as many credits as a 4-credit class and basically the same amount of work. The curve is generally gentler, but that argument went out the window as soon as I looked at my grades and realized I haven't done any better in those classes.
Last edited by los blancos on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 pm

kalvano wrote:being on the Internet during class is "professional misconduct" and we are bound by the Model Rules to report on other students.
:shock:

Zindras

New

Post by Zindras » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 pm

MSPeast wrote:Why did I ever take a paper class, I hate papers and I'm screwed and thank god it's only a 2-cr class.
Was this class e-discovery? I'm screwed too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

spets

Bronze

Post by spets » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:27 pm

kalvano wrote:Goddammit, Professional Rsponsibility is a certifiable nightmare. I can't believe I've got a whole semester of this shit when I've already passed the MPRE. The fucking professor says if anyone's phone rings in class, she will confiscate it and keep it overnight. And that being on the Internet during class is "professional misconduct" and we are bound by the Model Rules to report on other students.

Goddammit.
I laughed so hard. She sounds like a wretched human being. Is she compensating for something?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Failing the bar 3 times?

Pretzel_Logic

Platinum

Post by Pretzel_Logic » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:44 pm

los blancos wrote:
kalvano wrote:being on the Internet during class is "professional misconduct" and we are bound by the Model Rules to report on other students.
:shock:
A couple of professors have started threatening that using laptops for non-class purposes during class is an honor code violation. Which is not true. I don't understand why they don't just ban computers in their classes if they're so upset about it.

As for bar classes, I took Business Associations, Evidence, Secured Transactions, Admin, Crim Pro (cops and stops), I'm in Crim Pro II (bail to jail), PR (not really bar I guess?), and I'm in Conflicts now. I guess bankruptcy is a bar class in some places too and I took that. The only one I regret is BA and that's just because it was a 4-credit class and I did really badly in it. Otherwise the rest have been worth it. Okay, except PR, that was pretty worthless.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Pretzel_Logic wrote: As for bar classes, I took Business Associations, Evidence, Secured Transactions, Admin, Crim Pro (cops and stops), I'm in Crim Pro II (bail to jail), PR (not really bar I guess?), and I'm in Conflicts now. I guess bankruptcy is a bar class in some places too and I took that. The only one I regret is BA and that's just because it was a 4-credit class and I did really badly in it. Otherwise the rest have been worth it. Okay, except PR, that was pretty worthless.

What bar are you taking?

Should I take Crim Pro? Multi-states appear to be a bit heavy on it.

MEE: --LinkRemoved--
MBE: --LinkRemoved--

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”