How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ExamsSuccess
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:08 am

How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby ExamsSuccess » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:19 am

Hi everyone!

Many of you have surely experienced mental fatigue that sometimes appears after an important intellectual effort, like during exams preparation like the LSAT.

This is often due to an accumulation of toxins in the blood.

This special yoga breathing exercise will allow you to bring more oxygen in your blood and thus to eliminate these toxins.

In few minutes, your mind should be clear and available again!!


PROCEDURE FOR THE YOGA BREATHING:

A: Block your left nostril with the thumb.
1: Breathe out through the right nostril.
2: Breathe in slowly and deeply through the right nostril.

B: Block your right nostril with the forefinger.

C: Repeat again from A.

To summarize, the air you breathe in through one nostril is expelled through the other and so on.

Practice this exercise for 2 to 3 minutes in front of an open window.

You can now continue to revise with a crystal clear mind, memorizing much more efficiently than others who ignore this very particular exercise!

Remy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SPAM REMOVED BY MODS. YOGA BREATHING LEFT FOR LOLZ]

User avatar
MarkRenton
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby MarkRenton » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:52 am

Or you could just shoot hoops for half an hour

Miller32
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby Miller32 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:45 am

MarkRenton wrote:Or you could just shoot hoops for half an hour

Gorki
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby Gorki » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:52 am

6 pack sampler + chilling on inflatables in a pool > that.

User avatar
swilson215
Posts: 1109
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby swilson215 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:10 am

wait, you're telling me i can actually take deep breaths and calm myself down?! REVOLUTIONARY.

Image

User avatar
Systematic1
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby Systematic1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:19 am

ExamsSuccess wrote:You can now continue to revise with a crystal clear mind, memorizing much more efficiently than others who ignore this very particular exercise!

Didn't work, still stressed. Thanks for nothing a-hole.

NotMyRealName09
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Naps.

/endthread

ap1987
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby ap1987 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:06 pm

Break one of these open and sniff one preferably before heavy lifting!

Image

User avatar
The ASSET
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby The ASSET » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:50 pm

ap1987 wrote:Break one of these open and sniff one preferably before heavy lifting!

Image


credited response

User avatar
I.P. Daly
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby I.P. Daly » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:28 pm

ExamsSuccess wrote:PROCEDURE FOR THE YOGA BREATHING:

A: Block your left nostril with the thumb.
1: Breathe out through the right nostril.
2: Breathe in slowly and deeply through the right nostril.

B: Block your right nostril with the forefinger.

C: Repeat again from A.


Great stuff. Everyone should do this during class, in the library, and at job interviews.

User avatar
ca$hmoney69
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby ca$hmoney69 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:04 am

ExamsSuccess wrote:Hi everyone!

Many of you have surely experienced mental fatigue that sometimes appears after an important intellectual effort, like during exams preparation like the LSAT.

This is often due to an accumulation of toxins in the blood.

This special yoga breathing exercise will allow you to bring more oxygen in your blood and thus to eliminate these toxins.

In few minutes, your mind should be clear and available again!!


PROCEDURE FOR THE YOGA BREATHING:

A: Block your left nostril with the thumb.
1: Breathe out through the right nostril.
2: Breathe in slowly and deeply through the right nostril.

B: Block your right nostril with the forefinger.

C: Repeat again from A.

To summarize, the air you breathe in through one nostril is expelled through the other and so on.

Practice this exercise for 2 to 3 minutes in front of an open window.

You can now continue to revise with a crystal clear mind, memorizing much more efficiently than others who ignore this very particular exercise!

Remy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
[SPAM REMOVED BY MODS. YOGA BREATHING LEFT FOR LOLZ]



This dude needs to J/O more

NotMyRealName09
Posts: 1394
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:29 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Edited - better for use after, actually, but you'll work hard knowing your reward is waiting.

Klinklang
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: How to relieve mental fatigue during intensive work

Postby Klinklang » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Or, taking caffeine and various other stimulants (only if you have a prescription, of course!) that allow the body to function well past its typical duration.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cdotson2, lymenheimer and 6 guests