Secondary Journal Invitation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
AirBudWideRetriever

Secondary Journal Invitation

Postby AirBudWideRetriever » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:36 pm

If you got an invitation to a secondary journal and declined should you put it on your resume that you were invited or would it just bring up negative questions like why you didn't accept it, etc?
Personally, I wrote on and didn't accept it because its not in an area I want to practice in or was interested in writing about and I want to focus on rasing my gpa instead.

Aqualibrium

Re: Secondary Journal Invitation

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:42 pm

If you aren't on the journal, don't put anything about the journal on your resume...that seems like just plain common sense. The only awkward question that might arise out of you putting "invited to xyz secondary journal" on your resume is "why are you such a douche bag?"

AirBudWideRetriever

Postby AirBudWideRetriever » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:If you aren't on the journal, don't put anything about the journal on your resume...that seems like just plain common sense. The only awkward question that might arise out of you putting "invited to xyz secondary journal" on your resume is "why are you such a douche bag?"

I figured as much, just looking for other opinions because I know of people that have done it before, and while it may be a stretch I wouldn't put it past some law students to be douche bags

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:07 pm

AirBudWideRetriever wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:If you aren't on the journal, don't put anything about the journal on your resume...that seems like just plain common sense. The only awkward question that might arise out of you putting "invited to xyz secondary journal" on your resume is "why are you such a douche bag?"

I figured as much, just looking for other opinions because I know of people that have done it before, and while it may be a stretch I wouldn't put it past some law students to be douche bags

Trust me, it gets worse once they become lawyers...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”