Contracts beginning with Remedies

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lorrum88

Contracts beginning with Remedies

Postby lorrum88 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:40 pm

Let me be short and to the point.

Contracts -->book-->Dawson-->Remedies first. I find it difficult. I am not upset by this beginning but I would like "helpful" advice that is not full of flaming/trolling.

Is there a resource/supplement that is available that breaks the remedies down into math equations such that it may resemble?-->

Market Value
- Value at Delivery = This type of Remedy equation is for X type of contracts

Clearly, I need lots of help. This was an example and a poor one I am sure; however, this gives I believe a basic idea of what I am asking.
Thank you for your help.

I.P. Daly

Re: Contracts beginning with Remedies

Postby I.P. Daly » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:52 pm

lorrum88 wrote:Let me be short and to the point.

Contracts -->book-->Dawson-->Remedies first. I find it difficult. I am not upset by this beginning but I would like "helpful" advice that is not full of flaming/trolling.

Is there a resource/supplement that is available that breaks the remedies down into math equations such that it may resemble?-->

Market Value
- Value at Delivery = This type of Remedy equation is for X type of contracts

Clearly, I need lots of help. This was an example and a poor one I am sure; however, this gives I believe a basic idea of what I am asking.
Thank you for your help.

I learned remedies using Cali.

gdane

Re: Contracts beginning with Remedies

Postby gdane » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Don't feel bad. My contracts course started with the CISG and then 2-209.

Take a look at the contracts crunchtime. it did a great job of breaking down remedies by buyer and seller. Also, if you're UCC stuff, take a look at The ABCs of the UCC. This book made the 2-700 section easy to understand.

Good luck.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”