Lexis Advance Issue

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kalvano

Re: Lexis Advance Issue

Postby kalvano » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 pm

So basically, they're crack dealers.

anonmyuos

Postby anonmyuos » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:30 am

This thread is a spectacular example of why posting on the internet is a waste of time.

OP asked a question. I thought it was a rather silly question, but it was a question nonetheless. I responded with a mocking response that had some actual kernel of advice in it. Then a real live honest to goodness Social Media Marketing Manager from Lexis (doing his job marketing on social media) also responded with helpful information/questions. And then, for whatever reason, people couldn't help expressing their own opinions about irrelevant subjects. And, 20 posts later, we have chaos and a borderline nonsensical thread.

Can we all just agree to a cease fire, take that stuff somewhere else, and let this thread die (which, considering OP's lack of response, it seems bound to do)? And if people respond with stupid comments, no one needs to take it upon themselves to correct the stupidity. Stupid is as stupid does. Let it die. I imagine I'll become immune rather soon, but for now I'm trying.

Also, OP, this is also why you might as well call the phone number instead of asking the internet. It would've stopped this monstrosity of a thread dead in its track.

eandy

Postby eandy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 am

anonmyuos wrote:This thread is a spectacular example of why posting on the internet is a waste of time.

OP asked a question. I thought it was a rather silly question, but it was a question nonetheless. I responded with a mocking response that had some actual kernel of advice in it. Then a real live honest to goodness Social Media Marketing Manager from Lexis (doing his job marketing on social media) also responded with helpful information/questions. And then, for whatever reason, people couldn't help expressing their own opinions about irrelevant subjects. And, 20 posts later, we have chaos and a borderline nonsensical thread.

Can we all just agree to a cease fire, take that stuff somewhere else, and let this thread die (which, considering OP's lack of response, it seems bound to do)? And if people respond with stupid comments, no one needs to take it upon themselves to correct the stupidity. Stupid is as stupid does. Let it die. I imagine I'll become immune rather soon, but for now I'm trying.

Also, OP, this is also why you might as well call the phone number instead of asking the internet. It would've stopped this monstrosity of a thread dead in its track.

welcometotls.jpg

shredderrrrrr

Postby shredderrrrrr » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:49 am

anonmyuos wrote:This thread is a spectacular example of why posting on the internet is a waste of time.

Says the poster reviving the thread as it was already dead.

And also, relax man. If you think this is chaos, you will have a fun time on TLS.

But I am with you in regards to the dangers of "borderline nonsensical thread[s]." We really need to do a better job at staying on topic at all times on TLS. It is fucking CHAOS. We got close to the nonsense line ITT and that was too far for me.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:51 am

I was completely serious in asking why OP is using Lexis. It's thoroughly inferior to Westlaw Next. If Matt wants to discuss why, he's free to PM me.

mhollowell

Postby mhollowell » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:45 am

kalvano, would definitely like to get your thoughts and insights. Just getting caught up on this thread; was traveling yesterday. I'll PM you and we can find a time to connect.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:00 pm

I just got an email from Lexis that says starting in January 2013, Lexis will be offering Advance to new attorneys / firms (essentially new grads going solo) for $50 a month for 18 months.

That's actually really solid.

Gorki

Postby Gorki » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 pm

kalvano wrote:I just got an email from Lexis that says starting in January 2013, Lexis will be offering Advance to new attorneys / firms (essentially new grads going solo) for $50 a month for 18 months.

That's actually really solid.

Yeah. I have heard thats why LexisAdvance feels so... iffy. Trading off the insane costs associated with WestlawNext once you are in practice, but in return your searches are significantly generalized. But the price is right. I think these companies are realizing big firms are no longer the largest employer of law grads, and that a huge potential market has thus far avoid WLN and LN because the costs are prohibitive.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”