Best Case Summary To Go with my Torts Book

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
youknowryan

Best Case Summary To Go with my Torts Book

Postby youknowryan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:57 am

My Torts book is Cases and Materials on Torts, 4th (American Casebook Series, West) by Roberts, Powers, Anderson & Wellborn. I cannot find a Casenotes or Case Summery keyed to this or the previous edition. What would be a good substitute book to use?

nonprofit-prophet

Re: Best Case Summary To Go with my Torts Book

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:02 am

youknowryan wrote:My Torts book is Cases and Materials on Torts, 4th (American Casebook Series, West) by Roberts, Powers, Anderson & Wellborn. I cannot find a Casenotes or Case Summery keyed to this or the previous edition. What would be a good substitute book to use?

The cases are SUPER short in this book and the profs at UT (Im assuming you're at UT if you're using this book) move slowly through the material. You won't need a case summary book. Just make sure you read through the notes sections thoroughly. Unlike most casebooks, the note sections for this one is actually extremely helpful.

youknowryan

Postby youknowryan » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:36 am

nonprofit-prophet wrote:
youknowryan wrote:My Torts book is Cases and Materials on Torts, 4th (American Casebook Series, West) by Roberts, Powers, Anderson & Wellborn. I cannot find a Casenotes or Case Summery keyed to this or the previous edition. What would be a good substitute book to use?

The cases are SUPER short in this book and the profs at UT (Im assuming you're at UT if you're using this book) move slowly through the material. You won't need a case summary book. Just make sure you read through the notes sections thoroughly. Unlike most casebooks, the note sections for this one is actually extremely helpful.

Thanks for the 411- I'm not at UT actually, I'm at Wake Forest, must be a Southern thing.

sgoodman

Postby sgoodman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Last edited by sgoodman on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YYZ

Postby YYZ » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Other than find generic case briefs online, you can try and find an outline for your course from a 2L. That will provide you with the important points from the case that the prof taught in class. Another way to find an outline from your prof last year is http://www.outlinedepot.com. However, that will cost you about $12.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm

THIS SITE is a goldmine (and completely free).

Peg

Postby Peg » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:01 pm

OP, all you need is some Glannon in your life.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”