Stupid question about Picture on MPRE Admission Ticket

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
blong4133

Stupid question about Picture on MPRE Admission Ticket

Postby blong4133 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:48 pm

How strict are they? I've been fighting with my picture trying to get it to print out at the right size and it's slightly off.

I can't imagine them making a big deal about the picture being a little smaller than the box, but I'm still curious. I just don't feel like going down to wal-mart just so I can get the picture to be exactly 2x2.

Dr. Review

Re: Stupid question about Picture on MPRE Admission Ticket

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Have you thought about printing it bigger and cutting it down to 2x2?

blong4133

Postby blong4133 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Bedsole wrote:Have you thought about printing it bigger and cutting it down to 2x2?

lol. Sadly I have. But I don't have any good program for altering pictures, and I cannot, for the life of me, get it to print to a size where that would work. it's either way to big to the point where I would have to cut off just about everything except my eyes and nose...or there's about a quarter of an inc smaller than what it needs to be. Trust me...I'm extremely frustrated with the damn thing.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:10 pm

blong4133 wrote:
Bedsole wrote:Have you thought about printing it bigger and cutting it down to 2x2?

lol. Sadly I have. But I don't have any good program for altering pictures, and I cannot, for the life of me, get it to print to a size where that would work. it's either way to big to the point where I would have to cut off just about everything except my eyes and nose...or there's about a quarter of an inc smaller than what it needs to be. Trust me...I'm extremely frustrated with the damn thing.

MS paint has a resize feature...

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 pm

(apologies for posting here as a 0L)

Word allows you to exactly define the size of an image inserted in a document. Much better than MS Paint, which is utterly useless.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm

the gimp is also an open source (read: free) image editing program

The Duck

Postby The Duck » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:51 pm

CVS or Walgreens will take a passport picture for like $5. At this point, you've probably wasted that much in ink, paper, and time.

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:43 pm

The Duck wrote:CVS or Walgreens will take a passport picture for like $5. At this point, you've probably wasted that much in ink, paper, and time.

I got mine at CVS. It was $9.99, but I printed a $2 off coupon from their website. It sucked paying $7.99 plus tax for a stupid picture, but I didn't want to deal with doing it myself.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”