MUST SEE PRIOR TO 1L YEAR

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
DuckEUG2010

MUST SEE PRIOR TO 1L YEAR

Postby DuckEUG2010 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:41 pm

I am a rising 2L transfer student at GW Law (Waitlisted at GULC) and want to share the things I learned my 1L year that no one will tell you. I put these tips in a video, if you have any questions please feel free to email me; I would love to help in any way I can! Good Luck!

NO. Just... NO.

Nova

Re: MUST SEE PRIOR TO 1L YEAR

Postby Nova » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks for the tips. Congrats on your success!

I have been meaning to improve my typing speed...

blahblewblah

Postby blahblewblah » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:37 pm

While the video is not bad (although I disagree with a lot of things you say, there are different ways to attack law school), I think it is a little presumptuous for someone who did well at a tier 4 school to charge $200 for a seminar on how to succeed in law school.

DuckEUG2010

Postby DuckEUG2010 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:23 pm

blahblewblah wrote:While the video is not bad (although I disagree with a lot of things you say, there are different ways to attack law school), I think it is a little presumptuous for someone who did well at a tier 4 school to charge $200 for a seminar on how to succeed in law school.

I appreciate your opinion. I am upfront and honest about that aspect and charge much less than most seminars.

sgoodman

Postby sgoodman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:23 pm

I generally agree with most of your advice and think it follows typical TLS wisdom of the approach to 1L (which can basically be summarized by forgetting about prepping for class and focus on the test from day one). I disagree, however, with the "if you work hard enough you will succeed" mindset. This is a dangerous view to have going into 1L year and likely ends up producing many average to below average students at many average to below average schools, which is a terrible place to be ITE.

But great job for doing well and transferring and hopefully this will help some incoming students.

ClubberLang

Postby ClubberLang » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Has anyone signed up for the seminar? I'm trying imagine an alternate universe where I'd consider paying $10 for that drivel, let alone $200, but can't do it. A rising 2L from a TTTT is not in a credible position to sell "Secrets of Lawschool" or whatever you call it, but if people sign up good for you I guess. I'm imagining one of those super awkward and poorly attended seminars (like in the movie Little Miss Sunshine, if you've seen it). Maybe a bit harsh, but you are clearly posting for commercial benefit so deserve to be shamed.
Last edited by ClubberLang on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova

Postby Nova » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm

ClubberLang wrote:Has anyone signed up for the seminar? I'm trying imagine an alternate universe where I'd consider paying $10 for that drivel, let alone $200, but can't do it. A rising 2L from a TTTT is not in a credible position to sell "Secrets of Lawschool" or whatever you call it, but if they do good for you I guess. Maybe a bit harsh, but you are clearly posting for commercial benefit so deserve to be shamed.

TLS obviously shouldnt be this guys target audience. He needs to be targeting the lemmings that will be attending TTT/TTTTs

DuckEUG2010

Postby DuckEUG2010 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 pm

ClubberLang wrote:Has anyone signed up for the seminar? I'm trying imagine an alternate universe where I'd consider paying $10 for that drivel, let alone $200, but can't do it. A rising 2L from a TTTT is not in a credible position to sell "Secrets of Lawschool" or whatever you call it, but if people sign up good for you I guess. I'm imagining one of those super awkward and poorly attended seminars (like in the movie Little Miss Sunshine, if you've seen it). Maybe a bit harsh, but you are clearly posting for commercial benefit so deserve to be shamed.

If you aren't interested, that's ok. This is what worked for me at a tier 4 school. I have not tried to hide the ball in any way shape or form. For all the students attending a tier 4 school, I feel this would be a benefit for you. I can't speak for someone going to HYS. But I respect your strained imagination and I apologize you have not found this alternate universe you are so desperately seeking.

NotMyRealName09

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:27 pm

DuckEUG2010 wrote:
ClubberLang wrote:Has anyone signed up for the seminar? I'm trying imagine an alternate universe where I'd consider paying $10 for that drivel, let alone $200, but can't do it. A rising 2L from a TTTT is not in a credible position to sell "Secrets of Lawschool" or whatever you call it, but if people sign up good for you I guess. I'm imagining one of those super awkward and poorly attended seminars (like in the movie Little Miss Sunshine, if you've seen it). Maybe a bit harsh, but you are clearly posting for commercial benefit so deserve to be shamed.

If you aren't interested, that's ok. This is what worked for me at a tier 4 school. I have not tried to hide the ball in any way shape or form. For all the students attending a tier 4 school, I feel this would be a benefit for you. I can't speak for someone going to HYS. But I respect your strained imagination and I apologize you have not found this alternate universe you are so desperately seeking.

BURN!

hasmith

Postby hasmith » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:28 pm

I think LEEWS is cheaper.

ClubberLang

Postby ClubberLang » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:03 pm

DuckEUG2010 wrote:

You can certainly roll with the punches, kudos.

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”