Studying for the MPRE

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
picnic_lightning

Re: Studying for the MPRE

Postby picnic_lightning » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:01 pm

So does anyone know when our scores will be posted? I keep checking the site...

tstyler98

Postby tstyler98 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:16 pm

picnic_lightning wrote:So does anyone know when our scores will be posted? I keep checking the site...

I heard 5 weeks from the date of the exam (which would be next Friday). But they might release early.

yinz

Postby yinz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:09 am

tstyler98 wrote:
picnic_lightning wrote:So does anyone know when our scores will be posted? I keep checking the site...

I heard 5 weeks from the date of the exam (which would be next Friday). But they might release early.

Five weeks is the latest date the scores would be released.

Looking at:
last August's MPRE Exam:Release dates (Aug6:Sept7); and
last November's MPRE Exam:Release dates (Nov6:Dec6), and
last February's MPRE Exam:Release dates (March17:Apr16 (need verification on this one)) . . .

My guess would be Monday (Aug10:Sept10).

mindprowler

Postby mindprowler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:38 am

I got an LSAT 157, took a professional responsibility 3-credit class at my law school in fall 2014, felt like I understood the material, then the week-of spent about four hours watching the Barbri video, filling in the notes on the accompanying outline, and reviewing that. Took the MPRE in March 2015. Got a 106, which I imagine is little above average.

If I hadn't prepared with the Barbri video, I probably would still have gotten a high enough score, but barely. There were 5-10 questions that the Barbri video covered that I would not have known, or wouldn't have been sure of otherwise. The professional responsibility class was helpful too, of course. But the Barbri video is made for the test. But like I've seen other commenters say, many of the questions can be figured out just looking at the prompt & the answers and applying common sense/test-taking skills.

I finished just under the clock. If I had taken it at my prime time--afternoon--I would have finished more quickly.

It's a strange test. I felt like I was guessing on more than half the answers. I just felt confused after I left the testing room.

Hopefully that gives you some idea of where you'll be with a given amount of preparation.

mvp99

Postby mvp99 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:55 am

brah this thread is from 2012

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”