Visitors during the school year?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ben4847

Re: Visitors during the school year?

Postby ben4847 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:52 am

ilovesf wrote:
thisguy456 wrote:
piccolittle wrote:I mean, I had visitors for weeks at a time during 1L. I survived (with honors). Sh*t doesn't hit the fan until November.

Do people do a lot of work/studying during Thanksgiving break?

I had my outlines done by the day before Thanksgiving, took 2 days off for the holidays, then studied. My first exam was December 1st. Everyone does it differently though. I have some friends that didn't go home for Thanksgiving and stayed at school and studied. That seemed kind of depressing to me.

I had to leave starbucks and go back to school because the closed early on Thanksgiving.

notedgarfigaro

Postby notedgarfigaro » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:42 am

ben4847 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
thisguy456 wrote:
piccolittle wrote:I mean, I had visitors for weeks at a time during 1L. I survived (with honors). Sh*t doesn't hit the fan until November.

Do people do a lot of work/studying during Thanksgiving break?

I had my outlines done by the day before Thanksgiving, took 2 days off for the holidays, then studied. My first exam was December 1st. Everyone does it differently though. I have some friends that didn't go home for Thanksgiving and stayed at school and studied. That seemed kind of depressing to me.

I had to leave starbucks and go back to school because the closed early on Thanksgiving.

that's just depressing. And stupid. But mainly depressing.

Almost everyone SHOULD take off 2 days for thanksgiving, if only for their mental sanity.

Pizon

Postby Pizon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 am

I didn't do any studying on weekends except during finals and when writing assignments were due.

Ballislife

Postby Ballislife » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:43 pm

Would you say that a majority of the class goes back to their hometown for Thanksgiving? Ticket prices are through the roof for that weekend...

Ozymandias

Postby Ozymandias » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:40 pm

Ballislife wrote:Would you say that a majority of the class goes back to their hometown for Thanksgiving? Ticket prices are through the roof for that weekend...

Most go home, but quite a few at my school did stay at school.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”