CA bar exam question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
omg clay aiken !

CA bar exam question

Postby omg clay aiken ! » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm having some serious fucking trouble memorizing the rules for the non-MBE essay subjects for this thing...

I never submitted essays for grading because I was too lazy to write them all out... mainly just issue spotted and outlined my answers and wrote rule statements out for them.. and then did some simulated essays on my own. but i'm freaking out that i can't get 65's across the board on the essays.

But I've been scoring in the high 140's and low 150's on barbri's simulated MBE exams. Assuming I get like a 160 scaled on the actual MBE, do I still need to be getting 65's on essays to pass? Or can I be a bit lower?

darkarmour

Re: CA bar exam question

Postby darkarmour » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Study, study, and study more.
Last edited by darkarmour on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omg clay aiken !

Postby omg clay aiken ! » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:29 pm

thanks. should I be doing more PT's? I only did 2 of them. Seems like there isn't much to learn there.. lectures were pretty pointless, I thought.. any advice?

darkarmour

Postby darkarmour » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Hahaha, nah.
Last edited by darkarmour on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joobacca

Postby joobacca » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:58 pm

darkarmour wrote:
omg clay aiken ! wrote:thanks. should I be doing more PT's? I only did 2 of them. Seems like there isn't much to learn there.. lectures were pretty pointless, I thought.. any advice?

dude, i've only outlined 2 PTs... the lectures are definitely useless, though. I'll definitely try to do a full PT soon, and outline at least one more. The rest of the time until next week, I'll be outlining/half-writing essays.

on the bright side, I recently did two 100-question NCBE sets (each set cost $50), and smashed both. On the last 100-question set, I scored a predicted 178 scaled. You should try them out.. they're on the NCBE website and can be purchased there.

how have you been doing on the barbri MBE compared to NCBEX exam? just curious. i think i'm going to have to just buy the question set...

edit: what does 178 scaled mean?

ak362

Postby ak362 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

joobacca wrote:
darkarmour wrote:
omg clay aiken ! wrote:thanks. should I be doing more PT's? I only did 2 of them. Seems like there isn't much to learn there.. lectures were pretty pointless, I thought.. any advice?

dude, i've only outlined 2 PTs... the lectures are definitely useless, though. I'll definitely try to do a full PT soon, and outline at least one more. The rest of the time until next week, I'll be outlining/half-writing essays.

on the bright side, I recently did two 100-question NCBE sets (each set cost $50), and smashed both. On the last 100-question set, I scored a predicted 178 scaled. You should try them out.. they're on the NCBE website and can be purchased there.

how have you been doing on the barbri MBE compared to NCBEX exam? just curious. i think i'm going to have to just buy the question set...

According to some Excel sheet that I found somewhere for the July 2011 administration, scaled 178.5 would mean a raw score of about 167.

joobacca

Postby joobacca » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:42 pm

ak362 wrote:
joobacca wrote:
darkarmour wrote:

According to some Excel sheet that I found somewhere for the July 2011 administration, scaled 178.5 would mean a raw score of about 167.

i looked through that spreadsheet too. if you hit like 80% on the MBE (assuming that's 152 raw out of 190), it's pretty fucking hard to fail. according to that sheet, you can fail every single PT and essay (need 57.5 for each)... well... i hope i crush the mbe.

omg clay aiken !

Postby omg clay aiken ! » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:16 pm

just bombed the performance test day 1. didn't even get to address the 5th and final point. and what i did write was the worst piece of shit i've ever written in my life. i just panicked and probably started writing before I'd organized it enough. i did 3 simulated PTs and did find on all.... idk what happened. fml

emoticons777

Postby emoticons777 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:14 pm

omg clay aiken ! wrote:just bombed the performance test day 1. didn't even get to address the 5th and final point. and what i did write was the worst piece of shit i've ever written in my life. i just panicked and probably started writing before I'd organized it enough. i did 3 simulated PTs and did find on all.... idk what happened. fml

It's not you. It was terrible. Everyone I know felt miserable after.

joobacca

Postby joobacca » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:39 pm

emoticons777 wrote:
omg clay aiken ! wrote:just bombed the performance test day 1. didn't even get to address the 5th and final point. and what i did write was the worst piece of shit i've ever written in my life. i just panicked and probably started writing before I'd organized it enough. i did 3 simulated PTs and did find on all.... idk what happened. fml

so far i haven't heard anyone anything good about that PT. it was just so long...

ak362

Postby ak362 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:56 pm

joobacca wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:

so far i haven't heard anyone anything good about that PT. it was just so long...

That's what she said. But not about the CPT. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”