Hastings/SF Housing Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sc0tttie

New

Hastings/SF Housing

Post by sc0tttie » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 pm

I recently committed to Hastings as a transfer student. I asked them about living in The Tower and they told me it was already full (as expected). I am from the bay area and am fairly familiar with the neighborhoods of SF, but I was wondering if anyone had some more insite on law school living for SF.

I've heard it isn't a huge deal to live in Marina/Richmond/Pac Heights due to the good Muni system. But I was slightly worried about the commute time. I also have an option of living further down the peninsula, about a 30 min BART ride from the civic center stop. Craigslist hasn't been entirely helpful as it's hard to find students with a similar living situation. I still have not visited Hastings, is there anything at the school that may be helpful for living? Do people in the Tower ever look for a roommate if they have a 2 bedroom? Any help is appreciated.

ilovesf

Diamond

Re: Hastings/SF Housing

Post by ilovesf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 am

Welcome to Hastings :) I am a rising 2L, so I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.
Here's our class of 2014 thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... &start=375
Here's our Hastings students taking questions thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 4&t=173522
A lot of people have been talking about where to live in the q's thread, so I suggest looking over the last couple pages of it. I don't live in the tower so I know nothing about roommate situations. I live in lower pac heights and usually walk to school, it's about 20 minutes at a nice leisurely pace. The marina and inner richmond are both really accessible by the bus, but both have incredibly different atmospheres. The marina is pretty bro and the inner richmond is much more laid back and less expensive.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”