Laptop for MBE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LjakW

Bronze

Laptop for MBE

Post by LjakW » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Does anybody know if In NY, I need my laptop for MBE day? Thanks.

joobacca

Bronze

Re: Laptop for MBE

Post by joobacca » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:46 pm

the mbe is the same in every state, right? ca bar doesn't allow laptops on mbe. i'm assuming there's a reason you're asking this question, but i can't figure out why you'd think bringing your laptop would be ok.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:58 pm

joobacca wrote:the mbe is the same in every state, right? ca bar doesn't allow laptops on mbe. i'm assuming there's a reason you're asking this question, but i can't figure out why you'd think bringing your laptop would be ok.
He's probably wondering if the MBE is offered on computers for those using computers on the bar. I don't think it's that unreasonable of a question if you don't know how the MBE is offered (paper or computer or both).

LjakW

Bronze

Post by LjakW » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
joobacca wrote:the mbe is the same in every state, right? ca bar doesn't allow laptops on mbe. i'm assuming there's a reason you're asking this question, but i can't figure out why you'd think bringing your laptop would be ok.
He's probably wondering if the MBE is offered on computers for those using computers on the bar. I don't think it's that unreasonable of a question if you don't know how the MBE is offered (paper or computer or both).
Correct (though not about the use of 'he'). In school, we did multiple choice tests on our computer. I figure since NY is making us pay $100 for the software, they'd want us to make good use of it.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:36 pm

I was under the impression that the MBE is done in a separate booklet on Wednesday.

The only thing I could find on the BOLE website is:
BOLE wrote:After the conclusion of the bar exam, applicants will be required to upload their essay answers over the internet to the Examsoft secure site by no later than 8:30 pm (EST) on the Wednesday following the essay day of the exam (MBE day). Internet access will not be available at the test site to upload your exam files. You must be able to connect the laptop you used to take the bar exam to the internet in order to successfully perform the upload of your essay answers. If you do not think that you will be able to comply with this upload deadline then you should NOT participate in the laptop program.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”