year-long internship?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
target

year-long internship?

Postby target » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:25 pm

I am a rising 2L, am doing a judicial externship, and really enjoy it. I feel like I learn so much more in this externship than in my 1L year. I would really like to do a year long externship somewhere to get more practical skills. I will still need to talk to my school's admin and, well, find a place that will take me on for the whole year. But, has anyone done this before? If so, how was your experience?

ggocat

Re: year-long internship?

Postby ggocat » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:42 pm

This was common at my school and how many people got jobs. You can work for a firm (smaller) like this as well. If you miss out on biglaw, you better try to do it.

target

Postby target » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:08 am

I think my school only allows us to work for a non-profit, govt. organizations. But yes I will do it for sure if I can. Do you know if those people have a good time and enjoy their experience?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:47 am

I am applying for a semester externship even though my school does not grant credit to judicial externships. I am doing it for the experience. So if you just want to do it for professional development, then you don't need your school to approve it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”