Accidental Acceptances

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ashen
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Accidental Acceptances

Postby ashen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:01 am

Just found out that I was admitted to a top 20 PharmD program. Congrats to me!

but wait...

I never took the PCAT, nor have I come close to completing the requisite coursework to apply to pharmacy school.

I've heard of accidental acceptance emails being sent to rejected and wait-listed applicants and such, but it is just mind boggling how this mix up could have happened... I actually have access to the admitted students and financial aid portal and the "acceptance of offer" selection is there, waiting for me to accept or decline my undeserved future career as a pharmacist. What's more ridiculous is the fact that the submitted application is already filled out with all of my personals (including SS#).
I did apply the to law school at the same university but that was through LSAC and I never submitted anything on the university's graduate admissions website.

Have fun in law school, people, I'm on my way to be a pharmacist! But jokes aside, I'm just going to sleep this off and have a laugh in the morning when I wake up to an apology email.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

Edit: It's been over an hour and still no sign of an apology email, though, I kind of have an idea how this happened now... My application was probably accidentally forwarded to the pharmacy school as the university has a dual PharmD/JD program (this doesn't change the fact that I lack the qualifications to even apply to any PharmD program in the nation).

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Accidental Acceptances

Postby cinephile » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 am

Despite your lack of qualifications, I say accept the acceptance into the pharm program.

ashen
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Accidental Acceptances

Postby ashen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:40 am

cinephile wrote:Despite your lack of qualifications, I say accept the acceptance into the pharm program.

I'm guessing that this might just be a little bit wrong, legally and/or ethically.
Any thoughts?

fish52
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Accidental Acceptances

Postby fish52 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:52 am

ashen wrote:
cinephile wrote:Despite your lack of qualifications, I say accept the acceptance into the pharm program.

I'm guessing that this might just be a little bit wrong, legally and/or ethically.
Any thoughts?

Not to mention the fact that OP likely lacks most of the foundational knowledge needed to pass classes in the pharm program...

ashen
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Accidental Acceptances

Postby ashen » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:26 pm

fish52 wrote:
ashen wrote:
cinephile wrote:Despite your lack of qualifications, I say accept the acceptance into the pharm program.

I'm guessing that this might just be a little bit wrong, legally and/or ethically.
Any thoughts?

Not to mention the fact that OP likely lacks most of the foundational knowledge needed to pass classes in the pharm program...

This is true... :mrgreen:
Was a fun email to receive nonetheless.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Accidental Acceptances

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:38 pm

ashen wrote:Just found out that I was admitted to a top 20 PharmD program. Congrats to me!

but wait...

I never took the PCAT, nor have I come close to completing the requisite coursework to apply to pharmacy school.

I've heard of accidental acceptance emails being sent to rejected and wait-listed applicants and such, but it is just mind boggling how this mix up could have happened... I actually have access to the admitted students and financial aid portal and the "acceptance of offer" selection is there, waiting for me to accept or decline my undeserved future career as a pharmacist. What's more ridiculous is the fact that the submitted application is already filled out with all of my personals (including SS#).
I did apply the to law school at the same university but that was through LSAC and I never submitted anything on the university's graduate admissions website.

Have fun in law school, people, I'm on my way to be a pharmacist! But jokes aside, I'm just going to sleep this off and have a laugh in the morning when I wake up to an apology email.

Anyone else have an experience like this?

Edit: It's been over an hour and still no sign of an apology email, though, I kind of have an idea how this happened now... My application was probably accidentally forwarded to the pharmacy school as the university has a dual PharmD/JD program (this doesn't change the fact that I lack the qualifications to even apply to any PharmD program in the nation).


Ditch law school and accept Pharm offer. Write Rx of oxycontin to all friends and profit

User avatar
Chucky21
Posts: 294
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Accidental Acceptances

Postby Chucky21 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 pm

fish52 wrote:
ashen wrote:
cinephile wrote:Despite your lack of qualifications, I say accept the acceptance into the pharm program.

I'm guessing that this might just be a little bit wrong, legally and/or ethically.
Any thoughts?

Not to mention the fact that OP likely lacks most of the foundational knowledge needed to pass classes in the pharm program...


Nah... prob just common sense stuff.

ashen
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Accidental Acceptances

Postby ashen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:36 am

Problem resolved: System glitch overnight changed my law school acceptance to PharmD in the university's grad records.
No profiting from oxycodone prescriptions. Drats...




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: axel.foley, Ithinkican, LawHammer, rockosmodernlife, shineoncrazydiamond, TheSpanishMain, wg6524, Yahoo [Bot] and 16 guests