Parking at UT Law Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
PrincetonLaw

Bronze

Parking at UT Law

Post by PrincetonLaw » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:15 pm

I'll be an incoming 1L and I know the San Jac parking garage is the best location and it fills up quick. I've heard of a few incoming 1L's buying summer passes now just so they will be able to purchase an annual parking pass in the fall. I'd like to just wait and buy the annual parking pass instead of having to buy the summer pass and then buy the annual pass but I'm worried they might fill up sooo I guess I'm just asking if it's really necessary I buy the summer pass or if I can wait and buy the annual pass when they become available.

BeachedBrit

Bronze

Re: Parking at UT Law

Post by BeachedBrit » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Depending on whether you're the type that likes to stay at the law school all day and study (I don't, I only study at home) you may find it cheaper (and better parking) to just use the street parking outside the law school. It's City of Austin, $1/hr and I've never had a problem finding a spot, although occasionally I do have to go a little farther up to the LBJ School (50 yard walk max). Plus, that way you don't have to mess with getting a parking permit etc.

Perseus_I

Bronze

Post by Perseus_I » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Or, you can be un-American like me and get an apartment right across the street from the law school. I park at home and commute 60 yards to class every morning. It's something to consider; you might actually save money getting a more expensive apartment closer to campus instead of driving every day and paying for gas + wear on your car.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:59 pm

If you're a 0L wanting advice from current law students, we've set up a new forum just for you, which you can find here: viewforum.php?f=4

It's called "Ask a Law Student", and it's a place for 0Ls to ask current law students questions without disturbing the "Students and Graduates" forums. Post all your questions there, including about things like classes, grades, transferring, employment, etc. Please do not continue posting your questions here in the Students and Graduates forums, as doing so might get you banned and/or your thread locked.

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”