Which bar prep course to take

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
acharyainc

Which bar prep course to take

Postby acharyainc » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:43 pm

Any thoughts/preferences between Barbri, Kaplan, Themis, etc.?

prezidentv8

Re: Which bar prep course to take

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Taking Themis because I'm an unemployed and have to pay for my own bar prep.

vamedic03

Postby vamedic03 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:20 pm

acharyainc wrote:Any thoughts/preferences between Barbri, Kaplan, Themis, etc.?

Between those three, take whichever gives you the lowest price.

acharyainc

Postby acharyainc » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 pm

So is it safe to assume that all of these programs are practically the same thing?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 am

What state?

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 am

Kaplan has exceeded my expectations this summer (NY Bar), but I have yet to take the bar exam. To get a semi-preview of Kaplan's course, you can sign up for their free, online MPRE course.

While studying for the MPRE, I had a deposit with BarBri. I thought Kaplan's MPRE materials were slightly better than BarBri's (easier to read, less typos), but I know a lot of people swear by BarBri.

acharyainc

Postby acharyainc » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:30 am

Renzo wrote:What state?

PA and NJ

frost

Postby frost » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:Kaplan has exceeded my expectations this summer (NY Bar), but I have yet to take the bar exam. To get a semi-preview of Kaplan's course, you can sign up for their free, online MPRE course.

While studying for the MPRE, I had a deposit with BarBri. I thought Kaplan's MPRE materials were slightly better than BarBri's (easier to read, less typos), but I know a lot of people swear by BarBri.

Totally agree. I also paid a barbri deposit but ended up doing kaplan (NY/NJ) because a friend highly recommended it. I really like kaplan, as much as I can actually like any bar course. I'm slightly behind but the assignments are reasonable and the lecturers are all pretty good. I like the materials and think that they're easy to follow. Don't really have any complaints. I did the online class, and the fact that it was half of barbri's price also helps. My friends who are doing barbri seem pretty overwhelmed by all the work that is assigned and general fear-mongering such as being told they are more likely to fail if they watch videos at home.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”