Graduated, missed out on cum laude, feeling crappy

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rad lulz

Re: Graduated, missed out on cum laude, feeling crappy

Postby rad lulz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:53 pm

wiseowl wrote:Serious question - are people firebombing the OP just because he went to Harvard or because of the honors thing?

It's funny how TLS is full of aristocratic snowflakes half the time and full of the Les Mis street urchins who hate them the rest.

I call being Javert.

dixon02

Postby dixon02 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:09 pm

rad lulz wrote:
wiseowl wrote:Serious question - are people firebombing the OP just because he went to Harvard or because of the honors thing?

It's funny how TLS is full of aristocratic snowflakes half the time and full of the Les Mis street urchins who hate them the rest.

I call being Javert.

Not one of the street urchins bro. Gavroche is TCR.

woeisme

Postby woeisme » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:19 pm

40% get honors? What the fuck. Anyway, I know how it feels to barely miss a designated honors cut-off. It sucks for sure. But whatever ... prolly doesn't matter unless you were gunning for academia or something.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:20 pm

rad lulz wrote:

I call being Javert.

That would fit pretty well actually.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 pm

sinc wrote:I swear, not trolling.

sinc wrote:Graduated from HLS last month. Top 40% of people get some sort of latin honors. I didn't.

I still feel bad about it. I was really close too

sinc wrote:I'm afraid that graduating from HLS without honors looks pretty bad.

sinc wrote:I do have a job... but... I dunno. Still feels like I spent 3 years working my ass off at the wrong place and have nothing to show for it.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 pm

I'd feel terribly in your situation too. Of course, you deserve it for being the type of person who would take H over Y to begin with.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:12 pm

rayiner wrote:I'd feel terribly in your situation too. Of course, you deserve it for being the type of person who would take H over Y to begin with.

:lol:

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:12 pm

This thread is proof that, for strivers, no success will EVER be enough.

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:25 pm

too true, too funny

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:This thread is proof that, for strivers, no success will EVER be enough.

Not true. What if he was #1 in his class and on his way to a SCOTUS clerkship? I mean, he DID miss honors man. That is pretty much /self right there.

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:34 pm

A'nold wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:This thread is proof that, for strivers, no success will EVER be enough.

Not true. What if he was #1 in his class and on his way to a SCOTUS clerkship? I mean, he DID miss honors man. That is pretty much /self right there.

LOL @ you if you think SCOTUS clerks stop striving after they clerk. See, e.g., the cut-throat environment of academia.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 am

rad lulz wrote:

I call being Javert.

If I went from urchin to aristocratic snowflake does that make me Cosette?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 am

For srs?

You don't see how OP is a mondo douche? If this conversation were happening IRL I'd laugh in his face, then never talk to him again.

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:08 am

I thought I was going to miss honors at graduation. Ended up with honors. Whew. Bummer, breh.

wiseowl

Postby wiseowl » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:25 pm

romothesavior wrote:

For srs?

You don't see how OP is a mondo douche? If this conversation were happening IRL I'd laugh in his face, then never talk to him again.

The Harvard/Yale shit is undeniably douchey. But the honors stuff isn't necessarily.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”