Am I worrying too much?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Vote4Link

Am I worrying too much?

Postby Vote4Link » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Hey guys, I go to a mid-second tier law school and just got my grades back. First semester I was pretty thrilled with my grades (3.8 gpa). This semester was a significant drop (3.56), leaving my overall gpa at a 3.69. I managed to get 3 A's, 1 B+, and 1 B (Contracts :/) this semester, but Contracts was worth more credits and was a miserable 72 hour take home. My school grades on a 3.0 median curve, and as far as I could tell I was in the top 1% last semester. I know job prospects at T2 schools aren't very good to begin with, and my grades dropping makes me fear my OCI prospects. Anyone else going through something similar?

BarbellDreams

Re: Am I worrying too much?

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm

I assume trolling.

If not, You would easily be top 10% at my T2 which grades on a 3.0 curve and grade on o LR. I don't think you should be worried, just work on your resume/cover letter and interview skills and you should be able to get something solid out of OCI unless you're unrealistic or something crazy happens.

Peg

Postby Peg » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:24 am

what kind of school gives a 72 hour take home? Either the OP is a troll or the school is.

Vote4Link

Postby Vote4Link » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:23 am

I'm not a troll...and tell me about it :/. It was seriously brutal on my psyche.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”