Patent Bar Prep - Best Advice to Pass Before Fall Changes Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
fatduck

Gold

Re: Patent Bar Prep - Best Advice to Pass Before Fall Changes

Post by fatduck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 am

starlitesue wrote:According to the USPTO website (http://www.uspto.gov/ip/boards/oed/exam/index.jsp):

"The United States Patent and Trademark Office will update the content of the registration examination on or about October 2, 2012. The updated examination will include provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA) that take effect September 16, 2012."

What do you think they mean by "about"? 2 weeks either way? 1 week?
probably means oct. 2. they just say "on or about" to give some wiggle room.

pretty lame that they haven't supplied specific source material for the new questions. i'm guessing they will before too long.

chem

Silver

Post by chem » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Is it worth it to work through the 97-2002 exams? I'm taking the exam next Thursday, passed the 2002 and 2003 exams in about an hour for each section with an aggregate of 80%, and have them memorized now. I'm working through the mypatentbar reported questions, but wondering where I should best focus my efforts

And you think I'm in a good spot?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:54 pm

chem wrote:Is it worth it to work through the 97-2002 exams? I'm taking the exam next Thursday, passed the 2002 and 2003 exams in about an hour for each section with an aggregate of 80%, and have them memorized now. I'm working through the mypatentbar reported questions, but wondering where I should best focus my efforts

you will pass easily. i'd just work through the reported questions on mypatentbar and patentbarquestions.

sky7

Bronze

Post by sky7 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:58 pm

chem wrote:Is it worth it to work through the 97-2002 exams? I'm taking the exam next Thursday, passed the 2002 and 2003 exams in about an hour for each section with an aggregate of 80%, and have them memorized now. I'm working through the mypatentbar reported questions, but wondering where I should best focus my efforts

Yeah, you're good bro.

estopped

New

Post by estopped » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am

I have found conflicting info - Can you or can you not ctrl-f on the exam?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:58 pm

estopped wrote:I have found conflicting info - Can you or can you not ctrl-f on the exam?
you can ctrl+f, but only once you've selected a section (e.g., 700).

basically, each section is a separate pdf. once you open a section, you can search it.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:41 am

OP did you end up using PLI? i think i'm going to order my course tonight; the price isnt really much of a concern because my job'll pay for it.

the patent bar faq on this site recommends going through at least most of the course once before you sign up for the exam. do you guys agree with that? my original plan was to sign up for some arbitrary date in mid-october and just study as much as i can from now til then.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 am

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:OP did you end up using PLI? i think i'm going to order my course tonight; the price isnt really much of a concern because my job'll pay for it.

the patent bar faq on this site recommends going through at least most of the course once before you sign up for the exam. do you guys agree with that? my original plan was to sign up for some arbitrary date in mid-october and just study as much as i can from now til then.
in case you don't know, the way it works is you send in your application materials, the USPTO takes a couple months to review them (can be shorter or longer, just depends). then they send you a letter saying you're ok to take the test, and you have a window to register. i believe it's 60 days from the time they send the allowance, but it might be 90 days. then you can sign up for pretty much any day within that timeframe.

so you don't have complete flexibility - if you're looking to take it around october, i'd go ahead and submit your materials now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”